Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fit Pant

Lululemon had a bunch of stuff marked down right after Christmas and I was able to pick up a pair of Fit Pants at 30% off. As a bonus, the pair I got has Razzmatazz pink piping so it will match my new Lulu Seamless tee and Zip UR Whisper.

The fit pants are a nice, simple pant and I like them more than the Groove Pant. I got a pair of Groove Pants from ebay but they had too much of a flared leg at the bottom which tripped me up. I might try the Groove Pant straight leg if I ever see a pair on sale but Grooves rarely go on sale unless they are some hideous color like toothpaste green.

The Fit Pant has a much narrower leg than the Groove Pant and a slight flare at the end. It fits very close to the calf. I like that it has a smooth, wide waistband without a drawstring so there is no bulge or seams showing through an overlapping top. The other nice thing about Lululemon pants with non-drawstring tops is that they tend to flatten one's tummy. They have an extra panel of fabric that has a light Spanx-type hold. The Groove pant and crops are the best at this since they a waistband with two rows at the top. The Fit Pant has a side seam up the leg which is unique among all my Lululemon pants, probably because these were designed more for cardio than yoga. A nice feature that is becoming standard on all their pants is a built in pocket in the waistband for money, gym pass, or an ipod.

The pants are comfortable and they will become a permanent part of my gym wardrobe. The Groove pants are back on ebay where they will find a new home.

No comments: