Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Version of the Deep V On the Way?

Lululemon has a photo of tops in the new neon colors on its website. Although I recognized the other styles in the photo this one kind of stumped me. Is it a new version of a Deep V with a mesh panel insert or just a Flow Y layered underneath a Deep V? Or something new altogether? Time will tell, I suppose. It would interesting to see a Deep V with a mesh insert. I know a lot of ladies don't like to show as much cleavage as a Deep V reveals. Though this style intrigues me, I don't know if I'll be buying anything in neon. Neon brings back memories of big hair, acid washed jeans and fake nails painted neon orange. Although I said I wouldn't buy Groove Down pants and crops and now I have three pairs. If the price is right....

4 comments:

DLrtfQAbh.hhgLz3kDrR0_EANTP3aM3jK346O5Q4U0Q- said...

In this photo she was actually wearing the Deep V with the Flow Y bra layered underneath. You have quite the keen eye!

~Carolyn
Online Community
lululemon athletica

houndlvr67 said...

My brain says neon=Jazzercize and Jane Fonda. I think the neon done on such a large scale will prove to be a bad design decision on Lulu's part, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong. I wish they would have done more prints :)
Have you seen any Athletic Deep Vs in the CA stores? I haven't seen any new colors for quite a while...
Did you check out the double banded Groove Pants online?They are a "nice" purple...not Barneyesque at all!

tracy said...

Just found your blog. Way to further feed my lulu addiction. =^) I do yoga about 3 times a week and am active on the weekends, but that still doesn't really justify the ammount of lulu I have, and I end up visiting my local store every week.

The blue neon is beautiful. It looks awesome next to the black in the new wonder unders, even though it looks randomly added to fit with the neon color story. Pink and grey is pretty too. But you have to really love neon to go for the orange and lime green...

LuluAddict said...

I haven't seen any new Athletic Deep Vs yet. However, I have been cleaning up on the marked down ones ($24-29). I've bought 3 in the past month, including a gorgeous Deep Navy Amica Striped one. I almost bought the matching striped jacket today but refrained. However, I did get matching deep navy Groove Down pants (for $59!). I've also been buying Groove Down crops and pants - 2 pairs of each. One of my local stores were clearancing out the Groove Down pants at $59! I also saw Bluebell Grooves for something like $49. They also had some of their organic pants for $39. I'm thinking a bunch of new stuff will be arriving soon so you should check your local stores for markdowns.

The purple is nice (the neon, meh). I have a Spark Tank in Jellybean purple that I'm wearing right now.