Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Observations on Some of the Newest Products



I haven't been able to get down to the Lululemon store for a few weeks since school began but finally made some time today. I saw quite a few new things and liked a lot of what I saw. Here are my observations:

RUN: SWIFTLY RACERBACK - Racerback version of the tee shirt. Very soft and lightweight to the touch. I would love feeling this fabric against the skin which is odd because I tried on the tee shirt version months ago when it first came out and didn't really like the feel of the fabric. The fabric used in this racerback is totally different - very silky feeling. If it was between the Cool Racerback and this one, I'd probably choose this based on feel alone. It has a much deeper armhole than the Cool Racerback and will expose your bra a lot more.

Run Swiftly Racerback Features:
  • Our core basic racerback to layer with your bra of choice
  • Lightweight seamless knit with mesh venting in high sweat areas
  • Silverescent™ for anti-stink & anti-static properties
  • Loose fit with dropped armholes for ultimate ease of movement
  • Lycra® for shape retention
  • Wicking
  • Seam free to reduce chafing
LAID BACK LONG SLEEVE TEE - Very soft, lightweight Vitasea tee. Has contrasting decorative stitching that shows up really nicely in the black. Long length will cover your butt. Will definitely put this on my list of tops to get. Wish they made one that belled out at the bottom so could use it as a coverup. Magnum is a very nice color, like a grayish brown, and looked really nice with my Teak Still pants.

Laid Back LS Tee Features:
  • Everyday long sleeve tee to wear to the gym, work, bed, studio, in the garden, fixing the roof, and traveling…you name it and we've got you covered!
  • Long body length perfect for layering
  • Made with Vitasea
  • Chafe resistant flat seams
  • It's also preshrunk!! Nice
Other quick thoughts - The Gratitude Wrap looks very comfy and cute in real life. The Huff N Puff vest is really pretty and shiny. The Run: Empower Crop IIs are serious running equipment - you better have thin legs for this pant, the power luxtreme really holds you in. The Super Sweat One is made of circlemesh and luxtreme or luon light and very well constructed - a really unique piece. The Hot Set bra was not a hit and is on the markdown rack now. Lolo Purple is really pretty. The Dark Denim is darker than it looks on the website and a very cool color. The Athletic Deep V in Red Space Dye is so noisy and irritating it practically gives me seizures.

2 comments:

shopaholic said...

What is your thought with Lulu Bomber Jacket and Over the Top jacket. It seems the Gratitude Wrap is the re-make of Savasana Wrap from last year.

LuluAddict said...

My store didn't have the Bomber Jacket but I think it is super cute. I want to try it on.

The Over the Top jacket is very striking. I saw a woman try it on when I was in the store but I didn't have a chance to. She looked really nice in it. She was in her 40s and tall and thin and it looked great on her. For me, I think I would look like I was one of Robin Hood's merry men.

The Gratitude Wrap has a much smaller collar than the Savasana Wrap and the buttons are not so off-center so it's more like a regular jacket. It's also made of French Terry and I think the Savasans was made of a warmer material. The Gratitude Wrap would totally fit the weather here in Southern California. I plan to try it on next time I am in the store.