Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Refresh Snap Up Organic Jacket - Hmmm, Errrr, Well.....

My husband and I went to the Norton Simon Museum of Art in Pasadena on Monday and while we were in the area I took the opportunity to visit two Los Angeles area Lululemon stores that I've never been to before - the Pasadena store and the Glendale store. I thought the Glendale store was slightly larger and had a more varied collection of stuff. They also had the largest collection of headbands I have ever seen. It's like this store gets all of the headbands for the Southern California region. If you are a headband junkie like me this is the place to go.

I didn't have much time but I tried on a Remix Light Hoodie. There has been a lot of Facebook love for this jacket. It is nice and light and longer than the regular remix. I was looking for the Coal Gray "love" jacket but they didn't have it in my size - drats! I tried on the purple remix light hoodie with contrast stiching in red and orange but felt the stitching made the jacket look too young for me. I also thought the purple fit smaller than the black version.

I tried on the Refresh Snap Up Jacket shown in the above picture. I posted an educator photo instead of the website photo to give you an idea of what this jacket will look like on a normal person's body. I found the jacket really, really long, bulky, had gathers in weird places that bunched up oddly and just couldn't arrange it to look right on me. I am 5' 5" and take a size 10-12-14 in Lululemon so perhaps it is better suited to tall, thin, leggy types. I kind of found it to be the Slanket of sweat jackets. Even though it looks like a real outdoorsy jacket, it is made of cotton so it is very lightweight - similar to the remix light - and will not provide much warmth on days below 65 degrees unless you wear warm layers under it.

3 comments:

Flygirl K said...

Hi, stumbled across your blog a while ago (AMAZING!!), and have decided I am going to make my way through and post a few comments . . . I'm in Canada, and I've learned from the GEC that there are two different streams of stores - cold and warm - which means that your CA stores get different merch than we do. That being said, I've never heard of the Remix Light Hoodie. Is it like the Lux hoodies??

lavenderapothecary said...

I never heard that before, I got the same hoodie last year, the coal with red embroidered 'love' on one of the sleeve, and it has distressed look. How lighter are they?

LuluAddict said...

If you track back through the Lululemon Facebook Wall posts to the end of September there are discussions on the difference between the Lux and the Light. Here is from one of the posts:

The lux is beechwood fiber (modal) and feels more like cashmere, the light is organic cotton and has a "flat" (but very soft) feel to it.

The Light runs longer than the regular remix and really hugs your body. If you buy your size then you will have room for a tank underneath, if you go up a size you'll have room for long sleeves.

The coal remix I tried on didn't have distressed edges, I think that is a regular remix style.