Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bought One - Gather Together Jacket Embossed Manifesto


Although I didn't need another jacket, I caved and ordered one of these today. I thought Free Shipping was ending but it looks like Lululemon has extended it indefinitely. I tried the Gather Together on today at the store and really, really liked it. The fit and look reminded me a lot of the Wear With All Jacket except the Gather Together is made of luon and the WWA is French Terry.  I'm 5'5" and the jacket came to below my rear. I have been looking for a long luon jacket in black similar to my Deep Navy Yohari and now I have found it.  It has nice big pockets to drop your sunglasses into (that is one of my peeves with the Shape jacket, my sunglasses won't fit in the exterior pocket) when you head indoors. It has a big ribbed cuff along the bottom that is very forgiving to those of us who don't have narrow hips like the model in the photo. It also has a two-way zipper for further ease of movement. The sleeves are extra long and have thumbholes. The best thing is that is looks great hanging open. I thought the fit was very forgiving and ran on the larger side.

Product Features:
  • Keep cozy during your warm up in this longer length, hooded luon jacket
  • Made with luon, our signature fabric
  • Longer length covers the bum and pairs perfectly with tights
  • Pockets to stash all that you need
  • $128

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review, i am trying to decide what jacket to buy and it was very helpful.

LuluAddict said...

I wore mine for the first time today. I *love* the longer length and I like having pockets I can fit my hands into. I also like having something cover my rear when I run errands. For some reason, I am more self conscious wearing tight pants outside the gym.

lavenderapothecary said...

Have you tried Stride Jacket or Origami Jacket? If you have tried, which fit you like the most?

pilatesmom said...

I think the stride and the origami fit very similarly - i went down a size in both of these (but I like my jackets fitted)

LuluAddict said...

I had two Origami Jackets. I think the GT hugs the body more. I always felt very boxy looking in the Origami jackets. The Origami was also 100% luon. The ribbed cuff at the bottom of the GT hugs your curves.

I don't think the GT runs large at all but true to size. I like room in the sleeves to layer a long sleeve shirt underneath.

I have not tried on a Stride Jacket but I held it up on me to get a sense of the length. I preferred the longer length of the GT.