Saturday, November 14, 2009

What Does a Cold Weather Half Marathoner Buy? A Run: Hills Pullover for a Start


My sister was recently in town on business and of course I took her shopping at Lululemon. She lives in Oregon and does half marathons. She is barely 5' tall so it makes buying pants challenging but she was loving the Lululemon running tops. She bought a Run: Hills Pullover. She loved the cuffins, the front zipper, and the zipper pocket. Even though she is petite this top looked really cute on her - the seaming and color blocking enhance the female figure. The luon seemed extra soft and thick on this top, maybe it is brushed?

Run: Hills Pullover

  • Sleek and sporty high performance pullover for interval training or race day runs
  • Super soft running luon with inherent wicking properties
  • Snug close-to-body fit with body-mapped anti-stink mesh panels
  • Cuffins for cold fingers
  • Zipper guard eliminates chin irritation
  • Zipper pocket for cards, keys or music
  • Chafe resistant - flat seams
  • Preshrunk
  • $99


She also bought a Run: Spirit Pullover in Fruity Tootie.  She also tried the Power Purple but the black panel on the back of the Fruity Tootie has a slimming effect (the Power Purple is solid).

For a bra, she got the All Sport Bra, the bra version of the Swift Tank. Check my older posts for my Try On review of this bra.


6 comments:

shopaholic said...

Wow... your sister made good purchase. I have the Hills Pullover that I love it so much. I was debating to either get the Spirit Pullover or Track & Field jacket. I have Jet Pullover from 2 years ago, it was all black, and I only wear it probably 3 times a year running outside when the weather is 30 or below. So, I got the jacket instead.

CJRun said...

Yes, the "winter" version of the HIlls Pullover in the brushed luon is fantastic. I much prefer it to the luxtreme version. FYI- the fit is as flattering to a woman a foot taller than your sister as well (5'11" me!). A great purchase- highly recommended- especially if you are a runner.

LuluAddict said...

I tried on the Hills Pullover today and *loved* it - so soft and breathable. My only concern with the design is that it is so technical with the body mapping, seaming, cuffines, and zippers, is that I feel like I'm not living up to all its capabilities if I just wear it for walking.

@CJ -It is a flattering design but the first band of stripes hit me a bit high in the chest - like right under the nipple so I wasn't thrilled with how it looked on me. I am 5' 5". I wouldn't mind seeing a solid color version.

erica said...

just bought the Spirit Pullover after reading this post. i LOVE it so much, the hood stays on and the Fruity Tootie color is so gorgeous. if only i could find the Coal color, too, i would be set for winter running.

pilatesmom said...

I ran in my run spirit pullover for the first time (I got the purple) and I love it. Nice and cozy, love the "pit breathers" and the cuffins are so soft on the hand. I didn't run with the hood on but it is nice that the hood is nice and fitted with a pony-hole (although one looks like an egg with the hood on). I like the slim flattering fit.

Anonymous said...

I have a gently used Run: Hills Pullover that is white with pink stitching and gray strips on the collar. I can't find any completed listings on eBay to judge how much I should sell it for. What do you think would be a fair price?

I'm selling it because I've gone down two sizes and found an exact replacement for this pullover NWT on eBay. :)