Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Newest Purchases - Another Run: Sport Henley and Tall Boogie On Shorts


 
Side-by-Side Comparison of Silver Manifesto and Silver Stripe Run: Sport Henleys 
 
 I visited my other local Lululemon today and got the Silver Stripe Run: Sport Henley. Although I am a bit bored of all the striped patterns coming out of Lululemon, I really like the silver stripe version. Maybe because the contrast between the two colors is the most subtle of all the patterns out there. The stripes do make me look very Boobtastic, however.  That is one of the drawbacks (benefits?) of wearing narrow stripes while having a big chest.  I will be selling my silver manifesto Sport Henley. My husband hates it (and he usually likes most everything I bring home from Lululemon) and I feel like a walking billboard wearing it.  I would probably like it better it was the Swirl or Enchanted version of the manifesto but this one is the one straight off the posters and tote bags. I am hoping to like some of the other pullovers coming out in the near future.
 
I tried on the Silver Manifesto Swift tank while I was there. My poor opinion on the Swift has not changed. I do not think it offers maximum support at all, especially when compared to the Athletic Deep V.  The luxtreme straps have too much give compared to the regular luon. My quickie bounce test puts the hold at medium at best.


I also got another pair of Tall Boogie On shorts in black. I got a pair in Nightmarket blue a couple of weeks ago for $20 and have been waiting for the black to be marked down but broke down and paid full price for the black ones since I think they will be snapped up before they are marked down. I rarely pay full price for any shorts but I love these shorts that much. The girl at the store told me a lot of women like the longer bike length shorts. She thought the Boogie On Talls ran longer than the Reverse Groove Talls.  I don't know why Lululemon doesn't offer a bike length short on their website. Not every woman wants to wear shorts so short they pratically show off her lady parts.

Oh yeah, the Gym Pass Holder has been re-priced to $8 at my store. Will the website follow? Of course I got one in hot pink. I can always use more luggage tags.


Oh yeah, the Black Stir Up Pants have been marked down to $49. We all knew that was going to happen.








I love of all of these! But I know I won't really get any use out of them.The Pow Pink is really bright.


Nice detail shot of the Run: Track and Field Jacket.



I was so tempted to get this today but don't really have a use for it other than lounge wear / street wear. Plus, your experiences with Vitasea make me leary of paying full price for it. Maybe it'll hit the markdown rack but I'm won't hold my breath. It's a pretty cute top, even for large chested ladies.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just returned my manifesto henley as well. I couldn't walk around with all the writing on me. (or run, for that matter) Looking forward to that $78 bucks back. I am also selling my Swift tank for the support issues as well. Makes the girls look huge, too huge. Can't wait to see what new pullovers they come up with!!

LuluAddict said...

When I ordered the Manifesto Henley I thought the print was a lot fainter and more tone on tone, like the Embossed version. I know a lot of people like the Manifestos but like you, I find it distracting with the words running down my arms.

I thought the Swift made my boobs look awful - flat in the middle and pushed out to the sides. I mean, they may look like that all the time but the Deep V and Scoop have better designs to draw the eye to different spots.

Marci said...

i saw the manifesto and was dissapointed... i am a little tired of it right now too!

houndlvr67 said...

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my silver stripe henley...I have the ocean blue/bright blue one too and it may be stripe over-kill but the boobtastic look is a plus IMO ;-). You could put so many different color Flow Ys under the silver stripe too-that's where a flash of POW pink might be nice! I'm thinking red too. I am hoping to see more chili or a similar shade in the future!

Debbie said...

I have a Swift and I like the fit alot. It's probably because I am pretty flat chested so it actually gives me some chest and I don't need too much support! The athletic deep V looks terrible on me (again, the flat chest probably) although the scoop is my fave. Thanks to you for your blog to feed my frenzy...

hazelberry said...

Do all of you love the Run: Henley and find it flattering?
I'm happy to read about the swift tank as I was just about to order it. I am not huge up top but I do not like to draw attention to that area, especially during yoga. I won't be getting that tank!

yoga bear said...

Too bad about the Freestyle Pullover not working for you. Well, at least you still have about 9000 other tops to choose from. Meanwhile, guys only have like 9 to pick from. Wish my wife would buy that Rhythmic Tank. Verry Hott! I would be very distracted if somewone was sweating in that one during spin class.

LuluAddict said...

@ Hazelberry - I love the Run: Henley.

pilatesmom said...

the gogo totes are now also repriced lower at 12 bucks (cute stocking stuffer). the rythmic tank is quite lovely on - tried it today - i would say even elegant looking. may purchase - still thinking about it. Also, got the admiral jacket in heathered charcoal and it is simply amazing, amazing, amazing on. AND so comfortable too. The online photos of it are horrible. It is really unique and classy. Don't go from the photos - try it on in store.

houndlvr67 said...

@Hazelberry I LOVE the Run: Henley too! Have two colors! The silver/white striped one has a whimsical winged creature on the center back near the logo (reflective too!).

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wondering what is that bight pink top, 3rd picture from the bottom, the long sleeve one on the girl in the middle?
-Thanks

yoga bear said...

I think it's the Run Hills Pullover
http://shop.lululemon.com/RunHills_Pullover/pd/c/550/np/550/p/1688.html

Anonymous said...

Wow...I LOVE the swift tank. I'm a size C and run in it all the time. Where as the deep v, I feel like the girls are hanging out and it has a lot less support. To each their own:)

mollywaffles said...

thanks for sharing the IRL pics. I'm happy the Hills Pullover became available online again (it hasn't been at my local store in some time). Can't decide between the white and the white/silver stripe... I ordered both to see in person. Anyone know if white luon gets gross after you sweat in it a lot like what seems to happen with white cotton tanks? I'm thinking that won't happen since it's a different fabric.

LuluAddict said...

Some of my older white luon bras have a little yellowing under the arms. However, I have not tried to remove it. I am scared of anything all white, I know I would dribble coffee or soda on it. It's just too much stress to keep clean especially for a $99 top.

mollywaffles said...

Thanks for the response! And good point...I tend to be clumsy as well and would be pretty mad if I spilled something on a $99 white top. My hills pullovers came today. I did not realize it when I ordered them, but the white is made of the 'running luon' and the white/grey stripe is the 'luxtreme' (feels a little sheerer? the running luon feels more like a brushed fabric). also, the striped one has thumb holes in addition to the cuffins and the solid white does not...