Saturday, December 26, 2009

Try On Reviews: Run: Energy Pullover, Run: Team Spirit Crop, Run: Sunrise Tank, Run: Brisk Run LS + Comments


Run: Energy Pullover
I went to my two local Lululemon stores looking for bargains this morning but it was largely a bust.  For a change, the on-line loot selection was much better than what I found in the stores. The gym bag I ordered yesterday, the Get Set Go Duffle in the sublimation print, was still full price at $78 at one store, all other colors were the loot price of $44. I ended up getting an Ivory Cool Racerback for $29 which is $5 cheaper than what they are on line. However, the morning wasn't a total loss, I got to see and try on some of the new Run stuff.

I tried on the Run: Energy Pullover. It is definitely made of running luon with circle mesh down the sides and underside of the arm. It felt a tiny bit looser through the upper chest, shoulders, and upper arms than the Run: Hills Pullovers that I have tried on in the store. Those are usually super snug on me when brand new although they loosen up with wear. The front zipper does go a bit lower and the mesh pocket in the back seems a bit flimsier on the inside than the Hills Pullover.  However, I prefer the mid back placement of the pocket. The length seemed very similar to the Hills.  There are slight gathers in the upper chest but I don't think they detract from the looks of the top.  I would imagine they are there to ease movement in that area when swinging your arms. I have one coming in the mail so I should be able to compare it with the Hills side by side in a few days. However, from what I've seen I believe the black Energy pullover is going to be a keeper for me. I'd be interested in getting your opinions if you buy one.


Run: Team Spirit Crop
I tried on the Run: Team Spirit Crops. They didn't have my size but I squeezed myself into the next size down. It doesn't show up in the photos but the seams that run down the backside of the leg is gathered from about the knee upward. It looks really weird on the hanger. I didn't care for how they looked on but I was in a smaller size than normal so it wasn't a fair test. I think if I had a choice I would choose Empower Crops over these. The Team Spirits are all luxtreme, no circle mesh panels at all.

Team Spirit Product Info:
A knee length running crop to support your muscles and reduce bounce
Made of power luxtreme with inherent wicking
Low rise fit with smooth wide waistband
Continuous drawcord that won't come out in the wash
Gusset to prevent chaffing or riding up
Secure pocket for cards, keys & sport snacks
Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort

Run: Brisk LS
I tried on the Run: Brisk LS. These have been gone from the website for awhile but are just hitting the stores now. I liked it, but I prefer to have a zipper to adjust cooling as needed. Also, there is no zipper pocket just a little ipod pocket big enough to hold the 3G nano (the square one) but there is no cord tunnel. There are mesh panels down the sides but not down the underside of the arms like in the Hills and Energy Pullovers.  The Faded Zap is really bright and is slightly greenish like in the photo above.

Brisk LS Product Features:
  • The perfect layering tech top to kick off your spring running season!
  • Made of super soft running luon with inherent wicking
  • Anti-stink mesh panels for breathability
  • Adjustable neckline
  • Thumbholes keep your sleeves down and hands warm!
  • Pocket for your cards, keys & sport snacks
  • Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort
  • $78

Run: Sunrise Tank
I tried on the Run: Sunrise Tank. I am glad I didn't order one when they first popped up on the website. I think it looks best in the solid colors - the stripes are blah and end right in the middle of my boobs. It's cut pretty full. Maybe I'd like it better if it came in some solid pinks but for right now, when I want a lightweight running top I'll stick to my Circuit Tech tank from last summer.



Circuit Tech Tank from Last Summer

Run: Sunrise Tank Features:

  • Body skimming tank designed to wear over your full support bra
  • Luxtreme across bust for extra support
  • Lightweight and wicking circle mesh with anti-stink finish
  • Body skimming fit with extra length
  • Cinchable drawcord for a customized fit
  • Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort
  • $58 (I don't understand why the price is so high)



Wunder Under Crops in Static Charcoal Luon 

Not All Luon Is Created The Same I blogged earlier that I ordered a pair of the Still pants in the new Static Charcoal (STCH) luon. Static charcoal luon is softer, thinner, and has a sheen compared to regular black luon - it is just fabulous looking. A few bottoms besides the Still pant also come in STCH, including Wunder Under Crops. I tried these on today and found out that the STCH luon is not nearly as stretchy as regular luon. If you are thinking of getting the Gather & Crow, Groove Crop, or Wunder Unders in this color, be aware that you may not be able to do a split when wearing these pants. It may never come up but I know in the Bar Method Class I took we were doing some maneuvers that came close to a full on split.


Tracker Pant
Oh yes, I saw the Tracker Pant and felt the Trackstar material. It's very thick and polyestery feeling and looking (i.e., shiny). I didn't try them on but the material feels like it would be hot. I don't care for the looks of them but if you want a retro track suit look, these are a good bet for you.



Tracker Pant Features:

  • A lower rise, straight leg track pant with good times written all over it. Love this one to take you to the gym.
  • Our trackstar fabric is wicking, breathable and has stretch for ease of movement
  • Chafe resistant flat seams for comfort
  • Preshrunk so the look of this garment will stay as intended!
  • $88


7 comments:

mollywaffles said...

Did you stick with your normal size on the Energy Pullover? Or did you size down? Just curious since you said it felt roomier in the top/shoulders. I'm normally a 6 in about every top I've tried on, but found the Spirit Pullover to be big in the shoulders as well, to the point of needing to size down (but they sold out of my size before I came to this realization). Wondering if I try this if I should stick with a 6 or size down to a 4. Don't want it to be too tight in the waist area though.

Nice pic of the Brisk LS -- I think your picture depicts the true color much better than the original online pictures.

Marci said...

It sounds like we tried on alot of the same stuff today. I bought the Run Energy Pullover in blue and white/faded zap accents.. absolutely it (I own three Hills tops), and I actually really like the high collar. I have the same pullover on mail order, which I will return when it gets here in Jan.
I also didn't care for the Spirit tracker pants.. I tried these on in bright blue... the roushing just looked awkward, I passed on these.
I also tried on the run skirt in a faded zap/grey check and loved it! Also tried on and bought the spirit tights in bold blue. A dangerous day for me!! (at least I had some gift cards).

Marci said...

PS - I wanted to ask you if you have tried on the Stride Jacket.. I am debating between this and the track and field jacket in black as my running jacket. It wasn't in my store today.

pilatesmom said...

My local lulu had one rack of post-xmas sale stuff - nothing other than what was on the loot site and hardly anything in popular sizes. I took a look at the new running stuff. Nothing knocked my socks off (most of it seemed like more of the same old stuff). Tried on the tracker pants. They were a no-go for me. The fabric feels like it wouldn't breath (kind of like retro polyester track pants) and my normal size was a bit tight in the tush (I don't have a booty to speak of). I think the run/check skirts are really cute looking but I hate the feel of that rubbery ribbing around the thighs to keep it from riding up. I bought a pair of the special edition black wunder under pants with the ruffles at the calf. I saw a couple of people working out in them and thought they looked just darling so now they are mine.

LuluAddict said...

@ Molly - Yes, I stuck with my normal size in the Energy Pullover. It wasn't big enough that I'd have to size down. I recall the Spirit pullover being kind of roomy. I don't think the Energy runs as roomy but it is definitely less snug than the Hills.

@ Marci - Since you have both, did you think the Energy runs a little looser than the Hills? Did you stay in your same size for the Energy?

I have tried on the Stride. It's a nice jacket and similar to the Gather Together which is what I ended up buying for my to/from the gym jacket. I don't know if you want it to run in. I guess it depends what kind of fabric you prefer for a running jacket. For walking (I'm not a runner), I prefer swishy fabric like the Swift/Fligth fabric. I don't know about the Track N Field. It's pretty blousy and not very streamlined. It also seems to lack a pouch pocket in back which is where I keep my cell phone. I have an older Sportif jacket that is a little more fitted - it looks similar to the Run: See Me Jacket in the US Loot section. It's a great jacket with a back pouch and ipod cord tunnels so the cord is never exposed outside the jacket.

@ pilatesmom - Totally agree with the Trackstar fabric not feeling very breathable. I don't care for the shine either.

mollywaffles said...

Thanks for the quick response - I caved and ordered an Energy Pullover in black in my normal size today. Even though it will not be good for night time visibility. I think it's really cute though... I'll wait until I receive it to decide what to do with the Hills pullover I ordered about 2 weeks ago.

Dori said...

I got the Run Sunrise Tank in the yellow with the stripes today. I actually far prefer that to the solid ones, and I love the way it fits me!