Thursday, January 7, 2010

Champion Powerback Racerback Underwire Bra - Great!


 
An anonymous commenter to this blog recommended the Champion Powerback Underwire sports bra (#1694) for better support than the Flow Y under the Cool Racerback tanks. Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday and I have to say I am very happy with it. It offers comfortable, firm support and a nice natural look. Titlenine.com rates this bra a 4 out of 5 barbells for support (only the Enell gets a 5). Under the Cool Racerback, the straps peak out a little in the back and a bit in the front since the straps are rather wide. It fits pretty nicely under my Circuit Tech Tank, too. The cups do cut into my armpit area a little on me but I don't think that will bother me too much in the activities I do. Also, the cups are not padded at all, so if you are cold, people are going to know. I don't have a problem getting the bra on but I do have to wrestle it up to get it off.  I had read reviews on several sites that it ran a bit small in the cups and band so I ordered up a size and it fits perfectly. My Donna Karan sports bra (see my review from February 2009, I highly recommend this, too) is a 36DD and I ordered a 38DD in this one.  The Champion is available in sizes 32C-42DD. I haven't worn it to the gym yet but I put it on this morning to run errands and find it very comfortable. Thank you, anonymous commenter!

Features:

Champion Powerback Underwire Sports Bra 1694


Knit-in controlled stretch helps stabilize your bust and provides support and balance, yet allows free range of motion.
  • Molded, lined, 3-section, underwire soft cups provide support and shape.
  • Wrapped cushion tip wiress add lift.
  • Wide straps ease stress on shoulders.
  • Silky fabric wicks away moisture.
  • Keyhole back has adjustable gel-cushioned close.
  • Racerback styling provides extra support.
  • Signature "Champion" logo on center back panel.
  • Wide straps are adjustable in back and have metal hardware. 
  • Retails for $40 (but available cheaper on Ebay and Amazon)
  • Comes in Black and White

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for commenting on this. I am an enell wearer & they don't fit that great under a lot of the lulu tanks. I will give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am the anonymous commenter who recommended it. I am so glad it works for you. I recently discovered that it also works very well under the Athletic Deep V. I love the Athletic Deep V, but was always fearful of tumbling out. The corresponding Lululemon bra gave me little security. On a whim I tried the champion bra the other day and found that I was very secure and it also is almost completely hidden (maybe just a little peakage in front). Try it out!

mollywaffles said...

Thanks for reviewing this bra! I am glad to see it comes in a 32D (some sites). Some of the more supportive bras start with 34 as the smallest band size. I may have to try this out. I have the Moving Comfort Fiona bra, but dislike that it is not a racerback style, as all my tanks for summer running are racer back - so I only wear it under short sleeve tees in the fall/winter.