Thursday, February 11, 2010

OMG, OMG, I Can Not Resist Mocking This...

 
  
Too Cool Tunic - God Effing Awful!!!

Ok, at this point I am going to have to have a contest for worst new Lululemon design. It's getting to be a joke. Honestly, is Lululemon using college kids for their designers? Is this student work? Wherever they are getting these people it's not even from a good design school. I sense they are a cheap company (to work for) anyway, because God knows you never see anyone over the age of 30 in any of their online photos so either the more experienced Lululemon workers are camera shy or they've axed them all in favor of cheaper, younger workers. I don't even care for the front of this top. I don't like handkerchief bottoms. I hate the horse collar neckline.  The back is a joke. Have they been watching MTV Jersey Shore or something? Guido tees were big when I lived there back in the 80s and 90s.

 
 
 
Go With the Flow Tank Organic
The Go With the Flow Tank is different. I don't think it's hideous but I don't care for it much from the photos I've seen. The back is certainly a surprise. It looks like the bottom is banded which means the stomach will poof out. I'd have to try this on but I'd say from these photos I probably won't like it on me. It's a little too shapeless in the middle.


 
Clam Digger 2
It looks like the Clam Digger 2s are also available in black - yay! I love my Clam Digger crops. They're snug in the bum but loose in the leg and a great knee length. I suggest you try them if you don't already have a pair.
 
  
Namaste Pant Bold Blue
Not totally bad looking from these photos but I'd like to see the rear view. They are pretty baggy in the crotch and looks like they give you that polterwang (google it) effect. I already have two pairs of Feel Good pants so I don't need anymore casual sweat pants.


14 comments:

Marci said...

I agree... I was thinking the same thing about the young girls at lulu, a sign that they do not treat their workers that great, and novice designs... why are the nice prints, variety of colours.. really dissapointing!!

Marci said...

oops I meant "where are the nice designs!!"

CJRun said...

Mock-away Luluaddict. I'd really like to see the hang tag text for that Too Cool Tunic. Let me guess- it's another "to and from" layer! To and from another decade maybe...

yoga bear said...

"Oh thank God I now have clothes to wear for the 2010 opening ceremonies." said Spock's mother.

Anonymous said...

Actually I happen to work for the company and they are an amazing company to work for.

Anonymous said...

I am sure they are as an alternative to McDonalds. You all are fresh out of college... you'll understand when you are older.

Anonymous said...

I think you're on to something. Plus, they don't pay for things like proper advertising or models for the their products ... everything is done by their 20 something staff. I'm so tired of seeing their same few employees plastered all over the website and facebook site. I don't care how clothes fit on them and I don't care about their personal lives! Get real models and stay unseen, bloggers!

jilly said...

I am actually well out of college and maybe you guys should do some research. The reason so many "20 year olds" are running the websites and facebook sites is because they have grown up in the social networking world. The newer generations for the most part are going to be more interested in facebook and the internet because they have grown up in it. If you are tired of the websites than why do you continue to go on them???

The reason they don't pay for "prper advertising" and models is because that is not what lululemon is about and they are not about to waste money on that. If you want to see the clothes on, go into the stores and try them on yourself.

houndlvr67 said...

That Tool Cool Tunic looks like something that you would put on a Great Dane bitch for a Halloween costume.
I guess the old team of designers were getting too expensive or they didn't want to be brainwashed by having to attend Landmark Forums or by being forced to read/listen to Brian Tracy media.

houndlvr67 said...

Just as a side note, do you ever notice how many times "amazing" is used on Lulu's Facebook site by Lulu's employees? It is almost like they were "coached".

Anonymous said...

Immature and unprofessional jilly, showing your age. As a professional, take critism good and bad. How juvenille to state "don't go on the website or do your research" GROW UP and learn the customer is always right!
From what I understand, lululemon is supposed to be targeted at 30 something people, so no I don't want to see another 20 something sport another top in her shapeless physique. So take this at criticism, and grow up.

Anonymous said...

polterwang, haha! I totally googled it & I am adding it to my vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

Where are the clam diggers? Not on the site and not in the US stores! Help!

mollywaffles said...

hahaha...polterwang. I have not heard that phrase before, I've just used the phrase "pantsboner".
Have you seen Anchorman? Maybe it's the pleats...hehe

I agree the Namaste Pant does not look flattering. Clam Digger looks cute though. Being 5'2" I need crops to be just below the knee or they are not so flattering on me.

I like that the website uses real people, not 6 foot tall models, as I'm only 5'2". I agree most of their models seem to be in the size 4-6 range. I disagree about 'shapeless' models. I'm a lulu 6 but consider myself to be curvy. Anyone working for Lulu is going to be in shape, as that's part of the lifestyle lulu encourages. I agree they could portray more size 8-12 women in their pictures, if there are employees in those sizes that are willing to be photographed.