Friday, March 19, 2010

Ebay Buys - Beyond Yoga and Athletic Deep Vs

Beyond Yoga Cami
I decided to give the brand Beyond Yoga a try so I bought a cami off ebay for something like $16 + shipping. Supposedly these tanks retail for around $60 but you can find them for ~$18 on eBay and Amazon. This tank is made of 90% Supplex and 10% Lycra and feels about as thick as regular luon. It has a very soft feel and is a bit stretchier than regular luon. One great thing about Beyond Yoga is that it is made in the US. The construction quality seems good with flatlocked seams but the hardware on the adjustable straps is plastic. I had some Lucy tanks with plastic hardware break on me so I'm not a fan of plastic.  It has a basic built in shelf bra which gives low support but the straps are adjustable. Wearing it around the house I think the tank is less breathable than luon.  The styles are pretty ordinary but everything comes in pretty colors.  It seems like a decent brand of yoga wear but I don't see myself going wild for this brand.

I got a couple of new Athletic Deep V Tanks from ebay in Power Purple and Fruity Tootie. Now I have seven Athletic Deep Vs.  I really like Fruity Tootie. I wonder why I haven't bought anything in this color before.  Dark hot pinks are probably my favorite color to work out in - they so energizing.  The more I wear my Deep Vs the more I love them best of all my Lululemon tanks - the look, the support, the ipod pocket.  How can Lululemon even think of discontinuing them or not making an attempt at something else to replace them? If you feel the Deep V straps, they have a big fat piece of elastic inside them for added strength. Their other tanks all depend only on the material of the straps to hold you up. That doesn't work for women with large breasts. Hence the reason why the All Out, and Inner Strength tanks aren't nearly as supportive as a Deep V no matter what Lululemon claims.

Loot Deals - I don't know if any of your husbands/boyfriends/brothers/dads wear Lululemon but the (US) men's section has some great deals in the Loot. There are some compression short underwear for $4 marked down from $52. The yoga shorts are also $19 marked down from $48. There are a bunch of other deals but those are the only two I got for my husband. I also bought a couple of $1 terry headbands for myself.

My Push UR Limits tank has not arrived yet. The Fedex guy is usually here by 2 pm - dang! I'll get a review up as soon as he shows up.

12 comments:

Pattybea said...

I truly enjoy reading your thoughts...
Thanks...

I have a couple Athletic Deep V's and a couple regular Deep V's and like you, really like the Athletic--pretty and functional. Then the scoop came out and I liked that look and the longer length. Now, I am a 32B and a small one at that so don't need the support...that being said, I wish the Athletic Deep V's were longer.

I am now currently loving the CRB's, maybe almost too long but still like very much.

In my store today--white denim grooves. White does me no favors but they look cute.

Zanna said...

Nice colours for the Athletic Deep Vs. I am scouting around for these on eBay too but Size 6 is very scarse. Why would Lululemon discountinue this tank which I am sure is one of the top selling tanks. None compares to it. Hopefully with all the requests, enquiries and whining on FB and emails, they will bring it back.

Dori said...

I just ordered a pair of Beyond Yoga pants in purple! I will let you know how they are. Just got the bubblegum Cool Racerback and grey Groove Crops with bubblegum and Grey lines on top. Such a cute outfit! Makes me regret returning my grey TaTaTamer a few months ago since the straps show from the racerback and I want it all to match for my half marathon on Sunday! I returned the bra because I was told they were coming out with the improved TaTaTamer II -- which would have straps that can be cris crossed in the back. Not sure if you knew, but they came out with it and the straps were too short to cross!

I was told almost a year ago the new version would come out soon. Never did. And I wish I didn't return my bra!

They also need to come out with the new headband colors the same time as the clothes. VERY disappointed there were no bubblegum or even grey headbands yet.

LuluAddict said...

I agree about the headbands! I always like to have a matching headband and I don't for this one. The closest I have is a Dance with gray and black but it's lost somewhere in my house. ;-)

I've tried it on several times but I'm not a Ta Ta Tamer fan. I really like my Champion Powerback for a supportive racerback and for a regular back bra I have a Donna Karan underwire sports bra that is truly awesome.

e! said...

Hi Luluaddict,
I have been really impressed with lululemon's customer service (especially online) lately but today I was a bit disappointed. I went to the store to get some pants hemmed and then saw that a pair of wunder unders that I had bought exactly a week ago were marked down an extra $20. I asked the sales lady if they would do a price adjustment and she basically told me that it was not their store policy.

My local discount grocery store even does price adjustments...I expected more from lululemon. Do you know if this is just a store policy thing and if I could dispute this with anyone?

Thought you'd be the best one to ask! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you buy the deep v in your regular size? I did, and they were SO unflattering; incredibly tight in the chest, armpit fat, backfat, etc. It was also really hard to take off. I was so deterred that I didn't even want to buy a size up to compare. I think if they were tts, more people would buy them. Lulu needs to make sure their sizing is consistent.

Susan said...

I too have had some great luck on Ebay and managed to get scoop neck tanks and deep V tanks. I've ordered from the Lululemon website but the tax and customs that is put on the order when it gets to Ireland makes it way too expensive. I've only been stung for tax once on Ebay.

ojodeazul said...

I have a ton of Beyond yoga gear and for the most party love it. I completely agree that the luon is more breatheable than the supplex, but the fact that is it MADE IN THE USA keeps me buying stuff from there more and more. And when you can find the new stuff on gilt, like last week, it really makes it a great buy. I stick with lululemon for my running clothing, but for yoga I usually go to beyond yoga even for hot classes!

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that the new Cool Racerbacks don't have the same flat locked hems on both sides anymore like the old ones??? My new bubbulicious and lavender ones have the flat locked seam on the inside but the outside is just simple stitch (I don't know the technical term, but it's just one line straight across). What the heck? I hate how cheap it looks... maybe I have to get it hemmed shorter and ask the tailor to do the double sided flatlocked seam!

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon - I did notice the simpler stitching on the bottom. My Power Purple, Sidewalk, and Ivory have the simpler stitching. My Majestic and Raspberry have the better stitching. I wonder if it's a factory thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure... it seems like cost cutting thing since it uses less threads. My majestic and white ones have the better stitching and the 3 I've bought since then all have the simple stitching (black manifesto, bubbulicious and lavender).

Pattybea said...

I know...I posted somewhere else about this very thing...but what is weird is that my senorita pink manifesto has the flatlocked on both sides but my white and bubblicious have the straight seaming on the front and they were purchased about a week apart.

Maybe it is a factory thing but truly the simple seam will most likely not be as strong...