Saturday, March 6, 2010

Exhale Jacket - Review

My Exhale Jacket came today. There were things that I liked about it but I ended up returning it to a store this afternoon.  It's not easy to tell from the description and the photos but the jacket is made of two layers. The underlayer is basically a mesh vest which attaches to the ~4-5" of ribbed material that goes along bottom. This photo is the key to visualizing it:
The french terry jacket sits on top of it and is elasticized at the bottom so it meets up perfectly with the top of the ribbed section as can be seen in this photo:
The only place the outer french terry part is attached to the ribbed part is at the front zipper and at the front pockets. The pocket insides are mesh. The back part of the jacket is not attached at all. However, when I bent over the mesh part was not revealed at all.

That part of the jacket was ok and seemed a clever design to help keep you cool when wearing it.  The arms were roomy and the length hit the top of my hip bones. The reason I returned it was that the hood was just too big. I could fuss with it and get it to sit like it does in the website photo but in the real world I'm going to be walking and wearing this jacket in the wind and I just couldn't see the hood behaving for me.  It also looked massively stupid when up - like the Emperor from Star Wars.  If the jacket were about $30 less I might have kept it for being unique looking but for $118 I need to love it. I decided I much rather get more Remix Lulu Light jackets instead.

11 comments:

Marci said...

Thanks! I wondered about the hood! It sounds nice otherwise, I will wait until it comes to my local store to try it on!

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

Thanks for posting. I agree the hood is just a bit too much. What did you think of the sheer delight tunics. I rec'd mine yesterday in both 1 and 2 sizes smaller in the white. I am on the fence ... which means it sshould probably go back.

LuluAddict said...

@ Stacy - I just posted my Sheer Delight tunic. I like the white well enough but whether I keep it depends on what is uploaded this week. ;-)

houndlvr67 said...

Thanks for the review! If it hit at the hipbone for you, it will hit above there for me. It sounds like the hood is very poorly executed. I certainly don't want to look like the Emperor, the Grim Reaper, or a Monk. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I betcha I'll be returning it.

Susan said...

thanks for the review of the jacket, I too was wondering about the hood. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the remix light jackets, are they similar to the remix hoodies but without the fleece?

pilatesmom said...

I'll wait until mine arrive and see what I think. I'm still hopeful that it will work for me because I love the pics of it.

CJRun said...

This jacket is going to be WAY to short for me. Crap.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great reviews Luluaddict! So helpful~

Momof5 said...

Great review of this jacket -- glad i held off on ordering this and got the around town tote instead - I'm not a fan of the way the hood lays either -- and for windy spring time -- its never going to sit just so --- Thanks for the info! -- I hope they stock more defines -- maybe one with a hood-- in something other than lagoon!

Dori said...

I saw the jacket in the store and really didn't like it. The online picture is deceiving, you can't tell that there are 2 layers. The hood is ridiculous too. Not a fan.