Thursday, April 1, 2010

Interesting Prints

The Three Print design only came out in a couple of styles last year. I like this type of print, it seems a little less fuddy-duddy than pure florals, and it's visually interesting. It is much more different looking than anything from any other athletic wear company. I also like that it's understated in light gray and white.
Another mixed-type print from last year.

Another gorgeous print done very subtly - this is from 3 or so years ago.

Not a mixed graphic type print but one of my favorites from last summer. This top was featured on the cover of Yoga Journal. This was bold, but oh so fun.

If you look in all the above prints you'll see some hidden lululemon symbols. I love those.

It's funny that I get commentators saying they dislike prints, yet prints, unless they are in hideous colors, are the best sellers on ebay. I think it's because prints are what helped make Lululemon so unique in the athletic wear market. No one else does (did?) prints like they do (did?).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that move tank... I have 3 but none in that print... it's gorgeous! And you are right, very different from other products out there.

Three print has to be one of my favorites too. I have that power Y as well as a slipless headband.

houndlvr67 said...

I also loved the Billy Floral (seen on the Aria tank), the Tea Time Floral, and the bubblicious which was a print of different rainbow (turf, alfalfa, orange, pink, and purple) bubbles on a white background.
It seems as if all they can do is stripes this season and last. Honestly it is very surprising to me to see stripes playing out on ALL the lines of Lulu. It is total overkill and I wonder who gave approval for all of it to go to production? It is almost like a sick joke...

Pattybea said...

I was just in the store...new scoop tanks-- bubblicious with the Bubb/coal stripe neck and passion scoop with wee coal stripe neck. Of course the usual suspects with the white necks. I am just not a fan of the necks on the scoops that are too contrasting...if that makes sense...

Zanna said...

I love the Three Print design. I remember there was a Scoop Neck in that print but missed out. I think the Three Print was the last decent print that was out. After that, it was all ugly stripes and space dyes. I think after that was when the new designers came in.

In response to Pattybea's post, why oh why can't they do scoop necks in solid colours. I have been ranting about this on facebook and I hope the next batch will be some solid colours. I hate it when the neck straps are contrasting too. The thing is, almost every scoop neck out for the past 3 - 4 months has been like that. Grrr...

Anonymous said...

The scoopneck is my favorite tank. I just starting shopping at LuLu again 2 months ago. They only solid scoopneck I could get was black, which I love. I do want more solids. Sometimes I'll see someone at my gym with a solid tank I've never seen, last week it was bold blue, this week it was a coral color that looked like passion. I wish I was shopping them because I want those tanks. I was hoping for passion and bubblicious to come out in solid but I guess not.

Gel said...

Count me in as another person who doesn't like the contrasting neckline on the Scoop Tanks. The Athletic Deep V has long been my favorite because the cut is very flattering to my smaller bustline. The contrasting neckline on the Scoop visually breaks up that area, and does my girls no favors! I think if it were just one solid color across the chest, the look would be more figure-flattering.

Adriana said...

I was really hoping for a Scoop Neck Tank in Passion (all solid) and was extremely dissapointed and frustated when I found out that the neck straps was in the Wee Stripes. Uggh. Looks like I have to wait for the next batch of colours and looking at the trend, it looks like I have to wait for another month until this Passion/Lavendar/Bubblicious phases out. I am seriously hoping that the Scoop Neck Tank comes out in all Fushia and Savage Green with no contrasting neck straps.