Thursday, June 10, 2010

Core Item Boogie Crops are Being Discontinued and My Newest Addictions

The Iconic Boogie Crop

I went to my store today and noticed they had a bunch of Boogie crops on the markdown rack. It turns out they are being discontinued. (I thought I saw mention of this on the FB site last week but I can't remember details.) Anyway, the Gather & Crow Crops are supposed to replace them. I know the Gather & Crow crops are popular but I would choose Groove crops over them any day. The opening at the bottom of the G&C is not nearly as wide as the Boogies. The beauty of the Boogies is that the little flares at the bottom of the pant helped balance/highlight the feminine curve of your hips (think how a mermaid tail narrows in and then flares out again) and they provide cooling on the lower leg by flapping around when you move. The slits are also flattering to the calf. These days I mostly wear my luxtreme crops to the gym but the Boogies are one of my favorite styles. Perhaps they will take a brief retirement and then be back. Or, I hope the Lululemon Lab California Roll crop are brought into full production. I think they would make a worthy successor to the Boogies....

California Roll Crop

Heathered Coal Wee Stripe Power Y

I ended up buying the Heathered Coal Power Y after all. I am officially an HCWS addict since I don't normally wear Power Ys. I'm going to have to double up with a Flow Y or another bra under it for working out. I also have my eye on the HCWS Mynah jacket. I am hoping it gets marked down. Either that, or the Coal/HCWS Define.

 My other two HCWE tanks - Zoom Singlet & Push UR Limits

I don't know what it is about this color, but I love it. I've never been this way about any other color and have always gone out of my way to not buy different tanks in the same color. I feel a little bad I said that lululemon blogger in the Wunder Under Challenge had a boring workout wardrobe because she wore too many solid white tanks. I am now equally boring, just in heathered coal wee stripe.

Update: I hung my HCWE Power Y next to my other HCWE tanks and the Power Y is a bit lighter than the other two tanks. The HCWE stripes in luxtreme are more dark gray and the luon version is paler. Not a lot paler but noticeable when next to each other.

 Lime You Know Me Stripe Power Y

I also nearly bought this Power Y in place of the HCWS one. There is something about the double stripes that really appeals to me. The tank is very cute and summer-y looking. If this comes out in a Zoom Singlet or other

luxtreme or light luon tank, I will be all over it.



I also ordered a Coal Flight Running Bonnet this morning. The Coal Running Bonnet and Baseball Caps sold out by the end of the day when they were uploaded earlier this week on Monday and they are gone from my local stores. However, during the upload this morning I saw that the Coal was back as an option. It's gone again, so it might have been a return. I would have gotten the Coal Baseball cap since I already own three Flight Running Bonnets and one Baseball cap (in addition to two Distance Running hats). This will be my seventh Lululemon hat. I am becoming nearly as bad as my husband who has dozens of baseball caps that I find all around the house(grrr).  Does most every American male have an enormous ball cap collection?  One of our neighbors has all his baseball caps hanging on the wall in his man-cave garage so his wife must have made him get them out of the house. If only.

12 comments:

pilatesmom said...

Went to my larger area store today and came out with some goodies:
CRB in Mac n Cheese, flow y bra in coal wee stripe, energy shorts in savage and potion/black (I really like these on!), classy classic bag in foxy plaid (as I can't get enough of this plaid color combo), free2b in white (I don't have any white lulu hoodies so that is a good addition) and - oddly enough -- the twisted T in black. I'm starting to learn not to "dis" something until I try it on for myself. When I saw the photo of this one all I could think was ugly/schlumpy/blah. I tried it on just to see how it looked. It appeared rather generous so I took in one size smaller than my normal size. I'd recommend sizing one down on this. It was actually very, very cute on. It is relaxed through the torso and snugger down by the hips and nice and long. I had on a flow y bra under it and the skinny straps showing in angel blue looked darling.

Tried on the twisted dress and didn't like it. It would be much better with a drawstring bottom to create the puff effect if you wanted. As it is, the two layers actually are a bit "twisted" when sewn together at the hem but the result is an uneven puffing out effect and the "feeling" that the dress is twisted - I kept tugging at it because I couldn't stand the feeling that the dress was twisted and needed to be untwisted.

Also tried the seek the peak short - balloon shaped, high waist matronly. No good.

Finally also tried the double back tank (is that what it is called? the tank like the modern pima but has two backs). This is a definate go down one size. I went down one size and it was still baggy. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either.

LuluAddict said...

Thanks for your reviews. I'll have to try on the Twisted T. I do like the look of a Flow Y underneath.

The double back tank was gone in anything near my size otherwise I would have tried it on. I wish there was a bra that would completely hid underneath it because I like the back but not with a visible Flow Y under it.

Dori said...

I love my coal baseball cap! Sad about Boogie Crops, I love my pair!

pilatesmom said...

Question:
How do you all wash your lulu baseball caps? I imagine I can't put it in the washing machine without the brim getting totally mangeled. Do you soak in a bucket and air dry? My head sweats a lot when I run...

momof5 said...

@pilatesmom - I have been patiently waiting for the potion energy shorts --how do they fit compared to the groovy run -- are they much shorter? -do you think the potion sun salutation would be too much with the potion stripe -- I am between just getting the black or calling the GEC for the potion- you are my lulu purchasing hero

thanks for your feedback on the double back also -- I was hoping sizing down would give it a fit similar to the modern -- but no such luck huh --I'll save my $ and get the wee stripe power y i think!

Anonymous said...

I love my seak the peek shorts. they are not matronly on me at all. the rise is similar to the wu's and they don't balloon out on me...

Pattybea said...

I love the gather and crow crop. The length is perfect for me as is the trimmer fit. The lines on it are nice and they give me an athletic look.

The current colors have colored elastic at the back of the calf which is subtle yet cute.

LuluAddict said...

@pattybea - A couple of years ago there was a version of the Groove crop called the Groove crop tie which had little ties at the bottom of the Grooves. The ones with colors that matched the waistband and stood out from the black were cute. I actually have 3 pairs of these (one pair was a predecessor to the GCT called the Plank crop).

Anonymous said...

Luluaddict: I, too, love those Groove Tie Crops! I own two, and they were actually my first Lulu items! I loved those and was so sad when they discontinued it. When the Gather and Crows came in, I thought those were supposed to alternate versions of the Groove Ties, but I don't really like the Gathers as much.

pilatesmom said...

@momof5: the run energy shorts are shorter than the groovy run shorts for sure but not ultra, ultra short. They are very lightweight and I feel like I'm wearing "nothing." I think they are booty flattering as well. As far as color goes, obviously the all black will go with everything and it is always handy to have a pair of plain black shorts. But, I think the constrasting band and ribbon on these shorts really makes them pop - so the decision is up to you whether you want to go more for functional black or more for a "look." Either way, you can't go wrong.

Pattybea said...

Oh I am sorry I missed the groove crop tie... As I mentioned I have only been wearing groove pants for the last 3-4 years so never looked at the crop selection. Now that my inner thermostat seems to be on the fritz I am wearing less and less these days. Makes the hubby happy though :)

Dori said...

I went to my store and while they had the Boogie Crops in a separate place from the rest of the pants, they were NOT marked down at all. Boo.