Friday, June 18, 2010

Got My New Potion Swiftly SS - Love it!

My new Potion Purple Run: Swiftly Tech SS tee came today. I am loving it. I much prefer the Swiftlys in the bolder colors - I returned the silver one I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I see the Savage Green tee is almost sold out on line. I almost ordered that one, too, but restrained myself. I sense a new addiction developing. I cannot wait to see what other colors this will come in. I hope Bold Blue makes a comeback for the fall.

I like the tee shirt style so much better than the tank version. The website makes the tanks look good but in reality the straps get stretched out from hanging on the hanger with the weight of the security tag pulling on it. I've definitely seen this in the ones on the markdown rack. I hang my Swiftly tank at home in my closet and don't have a stretching problem at all, so it is definitely the security tag. If you are going to buy the tank or tee, try to order it on-line - that way it will be unsnagged (make sure to inspect the tees and tank carefully in the store - I often see them with snags) and unstretched.

I wore my Lagoon Swiftly tee to Disneyland today with my Coal Still Shorts. It was the perfect theme park outfit - comfortable, stretchy, & quick drying. I saw only one other person wearing Lululemon and she also had on a swiftly tee, the potion purple from last fall with the neon pink stitching.

For those of you who have Swiftlys in the long sleeve version, too - is there any difference in fit between the short sleeve and the long sleeve? The short sleeve is such a flattering fit, I am hoping the long sleeve is the same.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you size up in this one? I noticed when I tried one on it fit very tightly in my regular size.

LuluAddict said...

I don't (and can't - I take a 12) but some people do and some don't. I don't use it for running (just spin and weights) so I don't need a looser fit. The potion did seem a little snugger than the lagoon I recently bought. However, I also bought the silver with the potion stitching and that seem snugger than the potion.

ojodeazul said...

I have the t-shirt in Bold Blue and Senorita Pint (to match my January checkmate speed shorts).

I stayed the same size 6 because the 8 was a little to voluminous in the stomach for my runs.

Kristin said...

I almost bought a lagoon tee but the one in the store had a snag on the back. :( Lagoon is a gorgeous color!

m i s s . k r i s t a said...

I have two of the long sleeve Swiftlys, and so far (for my body type I guess) I actually prefer the fir of the long sleeve. I don't know what it is... but the short sleeve just does not look good on me [and I want one so bad... :( ]. Hopefully when I reach my goal weight they'll fit better!

m i s s . k r i s t a said...

I prefer the *fit* of the long sleeves - Oops.
I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my long sleeve ones.
And I have tried the tanks, and found they just aren't super flattering either. Like you said, online and in some pictures they look awesome, but whenever I try them on, it just doesn't look the same...

Anonymous said...

totally off topic but I ordered a zobha tank (the lauren) & I love it. It has a built in bra and miraculously my boobs fit in it. It goes all the way around and under & does not end halfway down my boob like the lulu's do. I am able to wear a bra underneath & everything. I got it for $30, they were doing some special. I am an 8 in lulu tops w/o built-in bras & got an 8 in this. Perfection. The color is black/ombre blue but it looks like coal. I am wearing it right now wih my coal do it all shorts & it is an exact match. I feel like a cheater...oh well!
The run swiftly LS fits a little tighter. The arms are much more fitted but I love both LS & SS. They are addicting.

Anonymous said...

That potion purple swiftly is really nice. I don't have anything PP to match it to or I'd probably get one. I find the LS and SS fits the same. I love the snug sleeves on the LS - fits great under a jacket if I need to layer, also my tunes armband and sport watch go great over it. I did size up for the LS as I wanted to be able to layer a swiftly tank or tee underneath.

Anonymous said...

I love both SS and LS. The LS is tight through the arms, but that doesn't bother me. The sleeves are very long though, you have to kind of scrunch them up a little. The fit through the body is the same as the SS. I take both in the same size (my regular size) and love them both equally. I wear my LS over a tank a lot. It's great for going to and from the gym when you don't want to show as much skin but don't want a jacket.

Anonymous said...

OMG! The swiftly tee comes in LAGOON!?! I will be searching for it in stores now because I only saw the angel blue online and the guy I emailed at lululemon said he wasn't sure if it came in that colour.

pilatesmom said...

Agree with the others: LS runs TTS and the arms are quite snug. However, because it is very body-close it is my favorite cold weather underlayer for running because it doesn't add bulk

mollywaffles said...

I have an older (couple years old) heathered-ish pink swiftly tech short sleeve in a 6 that I had hemmed a little because I felt it was too straight through the hips.

I have a more recent long sleeve swiftly tech also in a 6 (my usual size) that is a little looser through the hip. Sleeves are borderline too long for 5'2" me, and slim in the wrists, so I need to wear my Garmin Forerunner on the outside of the sleeve. I feel the fabric of that one is a little more light weight than my short sleeve. Not sure if they changed the tech fabric somewhere along the way?

No tank. Want to, but $52 sounds like a lot for a tank. Without any pockets even.

Angela said...

The only swiftly shirt I have is an LS one. It fits very nice through the body and I think it's quite figure-flattering. The sleeves are very snug, though. I have thin arms, and I can't push the sleeves up more than halfway up my forearm. Getting them up past my elbow is out of the question. I love the shirt, though, and am kicking myself for not having bought it in Lagoon when I saw it a few months ago.

M said...

I love this tee...but have concerns about it not being a tank. I run a lot...and sweat a lot :) So, should I buy this...or other Run Tanks. Need suggestions...help!

Anonymous said...

I love purple. How does the fabric hold up? It seems like such a delicate fabric that I was hesitant to purchase it. I did not see it in purple though. Just coral.