Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lovin' Loot!

It figures the day I can go to the stores, all the Loot would be uploaded to the website. It sounds like I didn't miss too much. This is what I saw and ended up buying today:


Stow N Go
I didn't realize the Stow N Go only showed up on the website last week. Like many other people have reported it was marked down to $29 at the first store I went to (the second store never got them), which I think is the perfect price for such a lightweight, featureless windbreaker. I plan to use it as a to and from jacket for the summer. It was heading towards the 80s this morning and I hate wearing a luon jacket when it's that hot. However, I like to have a jacket to put on over my tanks after I leave the gym (to cover sweat marks and skin) when I run errands. For those of you who can't try it on at a store, if this does show up on Lululemon's loot site, the jacket runs at least 2-3 sizes too big. My normal tank and jacket size is 12 (sometimes 10) and I bought a 6! I could have bought the 8 but the 6 was a little bit less poofy in the arms and body. The hood is huge so I cinched it up with the drawcords to make it smaller.

Run: Like the Wind Vest
The second Lululemon store I went to had a single black size 10 Run: Like the Wind Vest marked down to $19. The same store had the passion version last week at $34 which I tried on but passed on. Even though I don't love this vest, for $19 I'll give it a try. I plan to wear it with my Hills and Energy Pullovers when I need a little extra coverage.

The other deals I saw were not nearly as good as some have been reported. My local stores had the Half Moon jackets and crops marked down to $49. I tried on the white Half Moon but I didn't love it so I passed. It does fit a lot like the Shape jacket - very snug and short.  I saw Mynah jackets marked down to $69 and the crops were $59. The store I got the vest at had the organic ribbed racerback tank marked down to $19 which was a great deal but I've been buying very similar square necked tanks from Beyond Yoga and don't need more. The store also had the Angel Blue Energy Short Sleeve Tees marked down to $39 and had several sizes but I'm not a fan of the short sleeve version. I did try on the Gray plaid Seek the Peak, marked $39. If it had usable front pockets I might have gotten it, but I already made up my mind about the Stow N Go and I don't need two new jackets.  The store I went to only had one in the gray plaid and none of the other colors. I know they got a full size and color shipment so I think they shipped out the jackets to another store.  None of the stores I went to had the Devi marked at $39 so that is a good deal on the website. Both stores I went to had Flashback jackets at $59. I tried on the Potion version which was super cute but I have three sweat jackets already. FWIW, the Flashback jackets were not flying off the table at $59 so I'm hoping they'll go lower. There were also a few Exhale jackets for $59. I also saw the Run:With It Jackets (the poofy-sleeved vest thing) marked down to $29. I thought about getting it to use as a vest (this was before I visited the second store) but it's such a boxy fit and the sleeves hit at the fattest part of my upper arm that I passed. It turned out to be a good decision because I got the Run:With It at the next store.

Wish Blue - I saw some new stuff in Wish Blue.  It sure looks a LOT like Bold Blue. Even the educators seem to think it's very similar. Has anyone bought any Wish Blue yet? I wonder how it compares to Bold Blue. I really like it but am hoping to see other tanks in this color.

20 comments:

Becky said...

So lucky that you got the stow 'n go jacket for that price. I have been wanting it, but after hearing it is available to some for $29, I will be waiting on it for sure.

Rinne said...

http://www.facebook.com/lululemon#!/photo.php?pid=133767&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=33693527731&id=100000779871284 Wish Blue is in the middle... even though they are different fabrics, the colour is almost identical

pilatesmom said...

I'm glad that the flow Y bra is now available in savage since I have a lot of pieces to match with it. What I don't get is that the stores I've been to recently got full stock of flow Y bras in turf which is very close to savage but doesn't have any current matching pieces?

I went back to my store today to do a couple of online returns and got one more loot item: the vita tank org in heathered clarity grey with lime piping. This is a very feminine tank.

Cassandra Lotus said...

Did you hit up Plaza El Segundo's mark down racks?! Come on in and check out our loot!

missologist said...

if your from toronto...
vaughan mills had a lot of markdowns! half moon top was $29, the pants were $49, half moon jackets were $39 (the solid colors cost more at $69 i think). mynar (sp) pants were $59 so tempting.... i ended up buying a double back tank in white but i think i need it in black cuz i do hot yoga... and i bought it a size smaller cuz its too loose !

Anonymous said...

I wanted to like the Stow'n'Go jacket for $29, but the hood was just so uselessly big. The amount of product in loot (lots of it very new) makes me wonder if lulu will continue to retain its 'high end yoga clothing' reputation. Back to basics lulu...

Luvlulu said...

I had already hit my stores for loot but today went back to pick up the angel blue flashback jacket. I have most free 2be's and love them but missed the angel one in my size. I am so glad I got it for $59 plus I also got a passion one, it must have been a return. I don't own a passion jacket and so glad to finally get one. Ordered online the savage flow y (as pilates mom stated stores in us only have turf), savage wonder groove, angel wonder groove & savage swiftly tank. I haven't tried the wonder groove yet, I hope I like them. I just wore my new potion swiftly tank and absolutely love it. It's really like you aren't wearing anything. If I don't like the wonder grooves then I might exchange them for the run: empower crop II.

Anonymous said...

Luvlulu- Wunder Groove crops are my most favorite pant of all! You will like them, I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of what's in the Loot section, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm thinking about getting the Seek the Peak jacket in black since it's marked down to $39, but I'm not sure about the way it fits. I'm basically a 6 in Lulu jackets and tops, although I do own a few 4's and 8's depending on the way the product is designed and fits. Would I need to size down, up, or stay the same? Thank you!

ojodeazul said...

I love the Wunder Grooves. I think that they fit amazingly. You will ove them, actually I find all of the Wunders don't ride up and really are great workout pants.

Luvlulu said...

@anon 7:45 & ojodeazul - Thanks for the feedback on the wonder grooves. I have the groove crop & run:with it crop and like them both. I really wanted something different and can't wait to try them on. I just received a product notification that they are coming out in Black & wish blue band. I might have to return one of them for the newer color.

Anonymous said...

@Luvlulu - I ordered reverse groove shorts yesterday thru GEC with wish blue top - she told me there is a band of wish blue and a band of citron. You might want to call GEC about wunder grooves with that top - they might have it already in the warehouse.

M said...

More Loot is being added!!

Luvlulu said...

@anon9:46 - I saw those reverse grooves at my store in the wish/citron. They are cute. The product notification only said black/wish blue. I think I will give the GEC a call. I don't have any grooves with the savage green or angel blue and have tops in both. Now I have to decide if I should get those or the newer colors. Big decisions! I know I'm going to get some tanks in wish & a jacket. I am hoping for a stride because I have so many define jackets.

pilatesmom said...

Nice with the additional loot today. I got the coal half moon jacket at $39 which is an awesome price. I have a lot that will match it too. And, although the photos of the run with it jacket have done nothing to exite me, I adore savage foxy plaid and have shorts, a skirt and a classy classic bag it in so I'm counting on loving it due to the pattern - I went down a size also hoping for a cute, cropped look that isn't too baggy (well, for $29 worth the risk that I might not love it). I wonder if these online markdowns were planned or a result of the constant recent onslaught of complaints from facebookers regarding low prices in stores not reflected online (especially those not near stores) - which is totally understandable by the way. I also think they should make markdowns uniform from store to store and online with only exception being single-size-style-stragglers that a store wants to get rid of.

Anonymous said...

Agree pilatesmom on all counts re: loot being added. I think lulu pays attention to the 'facebookers'. They could prove it by bringing back the lux, the deep v, and print remixes, lol.

spanishfly said...

they've got great loot at the palo alto store. i got the vita tank in potion (love the color!) for $29 and the seek the peak jacket for $39 in black. totally agree with the reviewers that said you need to try it on--makes all the difference. i went down a size (usually a 6 in tanks and jackets) and bought the 4. wish it was a smidge longer but love the fitted torso. i'd never pay $118 for it but $39 seemed like a great deal. i also bought the hip halter in wish blue--love this color too! i got the hip halter in black last year in a size 4 but this time decided to buy the 6 because the fabric is different--not shiny like last year's so less forgiving. the length in this year's version seems much longer--thinking of having it taken up an inch or two.

M said...

@pilatesmom
re: half moon jacket
I'm wanting to get one...do they run TTS? I'm normally a 4 in tops. Should I get a 4 or size up?

pilatesmom said...

@m: they run true to size. get the same size you'd choose in the define jacket to the former shape jacket. If you don't have these jackets for comparison, get your normal size. Be aware, however, that in your normal size this is going to be a very fitted jacket - snug over a tank. If you want to wear it as a "regular jacket" and want room for another "real" layer underneath, go up a size. I stick to my regular top/jacket size in this.

M said...

thanks pilatesmom!
I'll pick up my normal size as I have a shape jacket in that size and love the fitted-ness of it :) coal is gone...guess i'll get angel!