Friday, June 11, 2010

New I Just Wanna Run Colors

I am bummed. Someone posted on the Facebook site that they got a Product Alert that the I Just Wanna Run is coming in the new colors - Angel, Lime, and best of all, Potion Purple. As soon as I find a pic of them, I'll post it. (Although, as I am thinking about it, could this person have gotten the alert mixed up with the Energy SL? Has Lululemon over-lapped colors between the two tanks before? I get quite a few product alerts from Canadian stores and I haven't seen the IJWR pop up yet. Hmmm) With the ruching on the front, there is no way they can put words on the front so I could get the Potion silverescent tank I've been wanting. The only problem is that I really prefer the design of the Run: Energy SL. One of my biggest pet peeves about the IJWR is that the ipod pocket is in the inside of the shirt at the back and not on the outside like the Energy. It used to be that Lululemon put ipod pockets in just about everything. I have older Deep V bras, not Almost Deep Vs, that have an ipod pocket on the inside of the bra above the left breast. The skinny nano fits perfectly in it. My old Power V used to have an ipod pouch on the inside, at the top of the left breast. This is often where I tuck my nano anyway when I don't have a built in pocket handy, or when I'm doing something like the hamstring machine where I have to lay on my belly and I'd be on top of my nano in the waistband pocket of my crops. Why did they take the ipod pockets out? Do most runners not use an ipod when they run or do they use the little clip ipods?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think they mixed the tank with the run energy sl as well. i was just reading on another blog about the potion purple run energy and someone commented that they come without writing. have you seen any?? here's the link

http://superficialendeavors.com/

Zanna said...

Oh no, I really want the IJWR. I was hopping to get it in Potion Purple. I missed the last batch and really wanted one in Passion. Hope they bring this top back in new colours.

LuluAddict said...

I read the Superficial Endeavors blog. She's very athletic gives useful reviews of her Lululemon stuff.

In that blog, she said that she belongs to a run club at her local lululemon and they *gave* her the Run: Energy SL to test. (So lucky!) Does anyone else belong to a Lululemon store run club and get free stuff? She has also gotten a free Run: Swiftly tee from them, too.

LuluAddict said...

As far as I know there is no plain potion Run: Energy SL out there. I so wish there was. That is why I am excited to hear about a potion I Just Wanna Run. Maybe they are coming out with them in Lime, Potion, and Angel to give people an alternative to the Energy ones with the writing on them.

Pattybea said...

I read her blog too...doesn't she sound adorable??

Her personality is a lot like mine so there are times when I laugh out loud reading some of her thoughts.

Becky said...

If they come out with a potion I Just Wanna Run, I am soooooo getting it. I tried this on in the store in the passion, but decided to get the coal/lime in the Run: Energy SL instead. I prefer the darker colours in the tanks, they are more 'forgiving' of my post baby belly.

I am so not a fan of purple, however, as I have stated before, the potion has totally grown on me. :)

Thanks for the info, I will be keeping my eye out for this tank, if it does indeed exist (one can hope!) Also, this tank runs large, I will definitely be sizing down.

Anonymous said...

*Free* Lululemon?? Wow. That is a GENEROUS store.

Anonymous said...

I personally hate putting my ipod in clothes "pockets". I hate that it makes my clothing a bit heavier, that it bumps against me when I run, and that the controls are impossible to quickly get to if you need to switch up a song (without accidentally hitting the wrong button)

I MUCH prefer an ipod-armband

Laura GEC Online Community lululemon athletica said...

Hi LuluAddict! I just got off the phone with the store that sent the product notification. The image and product name that was supposed to be shown is the Run: Energy SL (http://bit.ly/a2NDq7), not the I Just Wanna Run Tech SL. I'm not aware of any plans for new colours in the I Just Wanna Run. It was a simple mix-up and the wrong image/name was placed in the product notification email. The Run: Energy SL comes in angel blue/heathered coal wee stripe (no writing), black (no writing), lime/potion purple writing and potion purple/white writing.

mollywaffles said...

I guess I missed this post the first time around. Will have to check out that poster's blog. I try not to be dependent on my mp3 player... I maybe run with it once a week? I have a creative muvo2 mp3 player (not an ipod nano) from about 6 years ago so it's a little tiny square, not a rectangle. I tend to just hold it, or I have an armband for it - which I have not used outdoors lately because I don't want a giant tan line from it. I agree with anon@10:34pm - I don't like it to be bouncing around at my waist. I only use the little pockets for my house key. I know on some of my runs, I should be bringing a phone with me, but as I don't like it to bounce around, I don't bring it.

Free lululemon is awesome!! The best I got was last summer after showing that I had registered for a 5k or greater road race, I was able to get 15% off the run: line. I LOVED that, and wish they'd bring it back, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about when I asked about it this spring.

mollywaffles said...

Also, love that someone from GEC directly responded to this thread!