Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shopping Trip - Got Some Christmas Shopping Done Early

Lululemon Lab Photo - Classic Pullover for Women (left) & Men's Revive Crew (right)

If you go to the Lululemon Lab Facebook page, they have this photo with a caption that says "no need to steal your boyfriend's Revive Crew (which is what the handsome, young-enough-to-make-me-a-cougar man on the right is wearing), get your own cozy summer pullover with our Classic Pullover in Organic Cotton". My local lululemon had the same Revive Crew marked down to $24. I got a medium for my brother-in-law for Christmas but I may have to steal it - it's so soft and comfy and very boyfriend-ish looking.

I also got a long sleeve Metal Tech Vent shirt for my brother for $29. Two (maybe one) people crossed off my Christmas list.

I went to the store to see if I could find short sleeve run swiftly tees like pilatesmom found at her local store. Unfortunately, there were none. There were a few deals I considered getting but ultimately passed. My store had a pair of Run: Empower crops in Coal with Tang Light accents for $29. It was such a great deal but I just can't like the Empower crops. I find them too long on my leg, coming to just a couple of inches about my ankle (I'm 5'5") and a little too tight. Also, the color scheme would be a tough one to coordinate and I have no other tang light tanks. If it were any other run crops or a solid version, I probably would have gotten them. The store also a few Run: For Fun tanks in chirp and tang light marked down to $14 (!). It was such a deal, I really though about getting it but the neck and shoulders fit so loose and low, it's hard to get a good fit. The tank runs very large so I went down two sizes but I just couldn't like the fit.


Run: For Fun Tank

Run: Like the Wind Vest

The store also had one of these marked down to $34. I tried to like it since it was a deal but the vest just isn't practical. It's so thin and the armholes are so big, it offers nearly no warmth or wind protection which is why I'd put a vest on in the first place. It's also got one little pocket in the back.

My store also had Namaste pants marked down to $19 and Flashback pants and crops marked down to $24. The Get It Started Jackets were marked down to $69 or $79 but those jackets need to hit the forty dollar range before I'd consider them. They had a Too Cool Tunic in my size marked down to $19 which I tried on with the thought that it could be a pool coverup but it was just too awful.

I am hoping to hit a couple of other stores later this week.

8 comments:

FW2842 said...

I wish my store would mark down the run tanks and empower crops! They never mark anything down more than the $13 mark down of tanks...

Becky said...

Wow, good mark downs. I have never seen anything that low at my local lulu!

pilatesmom said...

Those are good markdowns.

I got my package today with savage namaste coverup (my third now including black and potion) love it. And Bold Blue wear with all. I adore bold blue. I'm not as bananas about the wwa as some people - pretty much I think it looks best in dark colors not light or neon colors. But that is just me. I have a black one that is great and I really like the bold blue.

Pattybea said...

I got both WWA's today...totally agree about the colors. I have black that I love, a heathered pink with a beautiful hood that I like but these two are just not doing it for me.

If I had to choose one it would be the blue. I am having a hard time liking the lagoon hood lining. The problem for me is that so much of it shows...like a huge shawl collar. If the lining were the same color as the jacket or some nice print I think I would be okay with it.

The alarming WWA has a nice gray as the hood liner but I don't think alarming is a color I would wear often. So I think both are going back.

Oh well...nice try.

pilatesmom said...

@pattybea:
I love the lagoon contrast on the BB WWA. But I can see how it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

What store in SoCal are you shopping at? Those are very cheap markdowns!

LuluAddict said...

I was at the Irvine Lululemon but there was only one or two of each markdown I mention. The Empower crops were size 12 only. The Run For Fun was size 8, 10, & 12.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never see these kinds of markdowns at my local stores (I'm in Canada). I wish they'd have more significant markdowns on some things - for example, an Intention tank that's regularly $52, marked "down" to $39 isn't a deal. I mean, it's $3! Plus, I was able to get one for $39 at another shop, so I'm not sure why all Lulus aren't consistent with their markdowns, or the items that they put on their loot racks.