Monday, July 5, 2010

First Wearing Review - Circle Mesh SE Cool Racerback & Run: Zoom Knee Short

Today I wore my new Circle Mesh SpeciIal Edition Cool Racerback to spin class. Spin class is probably one of the best tests for how cool (or warm) a top makes you feel during a sweaty workout. I have to say I really, really like this tank. The circle mesh is very lightweight and feels soft against your skin. I felt very comfortable in class and probably about as cool as I'd feel if I wore just a bra top. I think the circle mesh does a great job of wicking sweat away, maybe even better than luxtreme.  The Swiftly tank is slightly more lightweight but the fit of the Swiftly is so odd with the large armholes and overlong straps that getting a flattering fit is hard.  I think the better fit and the $10 price difference would lead me to choose the CRB over the Swiftly every time. I  hope lululemon continues to make this tank in the circle mesh - it is a great warm weather tank.


I was curious as to the weight difference between the three most lightweight, breathable tanks lululemon makes - the Run: Swiftly Racerback, the Circle Mesh CRB, and the Run: Energy SL. These are my favorite tops for hot weather workouts.  I suspected the Run: Swiftly would be the lightest and I was right - my size 12 weighed 2.3 oz.  The Circle Mesh CRB, also in a 12, weighed 3.2 oz. The Run: Energy SL in a size 10 weighed in at 4 oz. However, the Energy is not nearly a streamlined tank as the other two. It has a cinchcord and the extra gathering down the back.  I did a ranking of the coolest fabrics a little over a month ago and you can find that post here.


I also wore my new Run: Zoom Knee Shorts to spin. I had bought the Biker Groove shorts when they first came out and these are very similar except in luxtreme instead of luon. I prefer luxtreme for spin class because of the wicking and usually wear luxtreme crops. The Zoom Knee shorts were very comfortable. I didn't have problems with them riding up even though there is no gripper elastic on the inside of the opening. I think the shorts are so long that it's not really a problem. There are still quite a few on loot so if you are looking for a longer luxtreme short (or a really short crop), these are great. I'm 5'5" and once I sat on the bike the shorts rode a couple of inches above my knee. When I am standing they fit similar to the model in the photo above.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wore my black circle mesh CRB to my first ever spin class this morning and loved it! I really hope they make more colors with the circle mesh as well even though I already have more than enough CRBs as it is. I did find that the circle mesh CRB fit slightly more snugly then the regular CRB in the same size.

momof5 said...

So excited as I have both of these coming in the SLOOOWWWW mail to Jersey!!
Can't wait to try them out as we are in the middle of a heatwave here on the East Coast!!!!!!!
@luluaddict-- No No limit weigh in? I think this tank is great for spin also in the warm weather -- although unfair to just weigh as this include the bra!!! LOL!!

LuluAddict said...

@ anon - I thought it fit a tiny bit snugger, too, particularly in the middle. However, I laid the mesh CRB on a regular CRB and they are exactly the same. I think either the mesh doesn't stretch as much or the light luon relaxes a little bit more with body heat. The difference is very small, though.

@momof5 - I'm a big No Limit fan. I reviewed the No Limit back in September when they came out in limited release. You can read about it here: http://luluaddict.blogspot.com/2009/09/no-limit-tank-love.html

Other great tanks that use a lot of circle mesh are the Sequence Tank and the Conditioning tank (out last summer), in addition to the Run: Like the Wind Singlet (now in Loot). However, I think this CRB is probably the most useful since it's so normal looking - no silly breastfeeding style flap, you can wear your own bra under it, not too low cut, & doesn't expose your sides like the No Limit.

Becky said...

@ luluaddict...

Do you find the circle mesh CRB tight on your tummy? (I have tummy paranoia..LOL)

@ momof5...

I am East Coast also (Nova Scotia), and I have to wait a minimum of seven days for my orders to arrive. So frustrating!

LuluAddict said...

@ becky - I think the fit is nearly identical to the CRB. I just tried on a regular CRB and it looked the same.

M said...

I'm waiting to see if the circle mesh CRB comes out in other colors first :) *crossing fingers*

Anonymous said...

I wish I had ordered this last week. Tomorrow I am going to my first Bikram class, very nervous. I think this tank would have been perfect to wear in there. I guess I'll just wear a regular CRB or a swiftly tank since they are light weight. I plan on ordering the black circle mesh tomorrow.

mollywaffles said...

Got my Energy SL in Angel over the weekend... Love the material, don't love the fit for $58. Sadly I think I will return it - but that would make it much more ok for me to order one of these circle mesh CRBs!