Friday, July 2, 2010

New Running Items - Light Up Jersey, Cross Train Pullover, Light Up Bra

Light Up Jersey Product Details:

  • Let your light shine with this performance cycling jersey
  • Power luxtreme™ feels silky smooth, and is light weight with high LYCRA® content, and inherent wicking
  • Reflective features keep you visible on night rides and runs
  • 2 easy access back pockets to store water bottles, gels or music
  • Body mapping mesh panels to keep you cool while you heat up
  • Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort
  • Also comes in black and white
So, the Light Up Jersey looks like a cute enough top. Would I buy it to cycle in? Maybe if it came in brighter colors. The coal is just not visible enough. Back in the day, I used to be into cycling and have completed a century ride so I have some knowledge of what I am talking about. Anything that makes you more visible to cars is a bonus. There is a reason you usually see cyclists wearing very garish jerseys - they want you to see them.

Another reason I probably wouldn't buy Lululemon for cycling is that I don't think the fabrics are very durable. I've caused damage to my luon pants by leaning against a brick wall. I've put pulls in my luxtreme tops just farting around the house. When you cycle, there's often a good chance you might have to change a tire on the side of the road. You might even fall off your bike. My Pearl Izumi bike shorts are made of much thicker material than power luxtreme. Yes, it's heavier weight but it has to be. Also, are the reflective stripes only on the front of the top? Shouldn't there be some on the back and arms, where the motion is? I'll give lulu the benefit of the doubt and assume there is reflective stuff on the back of the top.




Run: Cross Train Pullover Product Details:


  • Runners' favourite buttery soft performance top
  • Luxtreme™ is light weight with inherent wicking performance to keep you dry and comfortable
  • Anti-stink circle mesh panels to ventilate high sweat areas
  • Secure zipper pocket on the back for cards, keys, & sport snacks
  • Don't fiddle; thumbholes keep your sleeves down, set-your-ponytail free keeps your hood up!
  • Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort
  • $99 
The top part of this pullover reminds me of the Run: Wrap Tech from a couple of years ago. I think if you are too busty the seam running across the bottom of the bust is going to sit too high.


 
 Light Up Bra Product Details:

  • Let your light shine with this medium support bra
  • Power luxtreme™ feels silky smooth, and is light weight with high LYCRA® content, and inherent wicking
  • Reflective features keep you visible on night rides and runs
  • If bra only isn't your style, layer under a loose fit singlet keeping reflective straps showing
  • Anti-stink circle mesh liner with pockets for removable cups
  • Flat seamed for chafe resistance

3 comments:

M said...

I like the run crossover shirt but would I pay $99 for it. No way!

Zanna said...

Omg, the light up jersey is so cute. Am also curious to see what other colours it comes in. Am sure the people who is into cycling will appreciate this top.

mollywaffles said...

Thanks for finding some of the new stuff to come out!!!

I agree- the light up jersey is cute! wonder if it comes in the same other colors as the light up tank (pig, wish blue). Thought the cross train pullover was cute, but good point about a larger bust. Not sure if I'm ready to pay $99 for it. It's still going to be hot here in NJ so I won't wear it while running until probably at least October...