Friday, July 16, 2010

Pics: Rock Out pant, Jackets & OT: Zobha Stuff

Alarming Power Y & matching Mindful Shorts

Power Ys in Oasis and Alarming are starting to hit the stores in the US. They weren't at my local store yesterday, only the Oasis Inner Strength tank was. I'm heading out to Phoenix and Tucson soon (crazy, I know, to visit in summer) so I'm hoping to see these colors while I am there.

Oasis Power Y & Rock Out Pants

Wow, these pants look great on this girl. I think the v-shape of the color band is very flattering, no matter how big your booty. I think I am going to have to try on the Rock Out Pant. Does anyone have the older style Fit pant? Are the Rock Out pants similar? The Fit pant were a low rise, straight legged pant but the band of color was more like piping and it went straight across rather than a v-shape in the back.

 Define Jackets in Coal/Citron and Oasis

Collection of Stride Jackets

Collection of Static Charcoal tops and  Groove crop bottoms

I received my sale Zobha stuff yesterday. I had bought this tank during their big sale for $25. It's much longer than the Classic Racerback I had bought before - I can pull it down to cover my rear. I also went up a size to get a better fit through the stomach and hips since Zobha's tanks don't flare quite as much as Lululemon's (neither do the Beyond Yoga tanks, this is probably why so many women love lululemon). It does fit looser but the chest feels a bit too loose to me. I probably should have stuck to my normal size in this tank. Ugh, this is one reason I hate to mail order clothes. The material feels very similar to luon and quite different than the first tank I ordered from Zobha - thicker and less stretchy. It's a comfortable tank that gives me moderate support by itself.

I also ordered these Navy leggings for $25. I think the legs are a little roomier than the Wunder Unders. I was pleasantly surprised by the feel of the material and fit of the crops. I thought they felt pretty nice and very similar to lululemon.  It's hot as heck here right now so I won't be wearing these for a couple of months and won't be able to comment more on how it moves and wears. The Zobha Navy is very close to Lululemon's Deep Navy so I can wear then with my Lululemon DN stuff. The rise is low - just like in the photo. 

I also ordered this coverup for $22. The material is very thin Pima cotton which I like since I prefer light weight tee material. It's fine for $22 but the original $64 seems high for what this is.

19 comments:

M said...

Loving the Oasis color...and those Rock Out pants look nice!

Also may have to get the coal/citron define!

KD said...

Way off topic, but I am not sure how else to get a hold of you! Have you ever done a review of the Run:Ultra Short II? It is in LOOT right now, and am wondering about it! Thanks!

FEW823 said...

I love the Rock Out pants. Am def going to need those!

It's hard for me to look at the define's and strides - it's so hot here. And I did buy a stride and define off my local sale rack when the mark downs first happened. So maybe I'm done with Jackets for now.

I bought the same Zobha crops. They didn't have my usual WU size 6 so I went up to an 8. I hope they work, I really want a pair of navy workout pants....

Oh, my local store also had sun salutation tanks marked down - just to $39, but still. maybe they will hit the online markdown too.

Luvlulu said...

I have the Fit pants. They are too big now because I lost weight. I can't compare them to the Rockout pant because I never tried them last year. I plan to try them as soon as they come in. I thought they were only going to be in solid black & coal, so I am glad to see the Oasis stripe.

RunningOnCoffee said...

I kind of like the coal/alarming stride because it's different. but I really like the stride in oasis in that picture! The person modeling it is probably a lot tanner than me though, so I'll have to see if it looks as good on me.

KD-
Probably a little late, but I really like the Ultra short! It is very short, but very comfortable for running. I wore them for my first 5k last summer, but I have since worn them on runs at least twice that distance. Similar length as the Speed short - but the Speed has the horizontal venting across the back; the ultra has the vertical seam. The Ultras are not cut up as high on the outside of the thigh as the Speed shorts, too.

Marci said...

I bought a pair of rock out shorts that I really liked, so I will try the pants on when I visit a store (hopefully today).

ojodeazul said...

My new store (Shrewsbury) finally opened today. And they had almost all of th enew stuff, (except the light up skirt). Was hoping that they would have some of the sneak peak stuff, but no luck. Ended up buying a pair of plain black empower crop, the new push your limits in static coal wave, and the IJWR in pig pink (thought I was hate it but it looked great with the empowers).

So nice to be able to stop in and pick up some cups and have my pants hemmed!

KD said...

Thanks for the info on the Ultra Short! And its not too late, the Canadian LOOT is a little different than the USA/Int'l LOOT, and there are still some Ultra shorts left! Thanks again!

Mel said...

Was there another video with more sneak peaks? One of your readers in one of the other posts mentioned that there was another one but can't seem to find it. If you do come across, please post it if you have the time. Thanks.

Zanna said...

This is probably it. It featured some new tanks!
http://vimeo.com/13397940

LuluAddict said...

Darn, I'm on the road and my iPhone won't play the video. I read the description of the new tanks and they sound interesting. I saw the new oasis and alarming power ys, strides, defines, and inner strength tanks today.I like both colors a lot and oasis goes really nicely with Lagoon. (the store I went to had a full size group of lagoon next to the oasis power ys) Can't wait to see what other tanks come in these colors. I don't remember liking alarming this much last time it was out. I saw the new bike shorts today. The padding is a joke - not to be crude but you'd get more cushion putting a maxi pad in your undies. There is no way these shorts are made for serious road use.

momof5 said...

Totally lovin the purple meshback crb -- can't wait for that one to come out -- it would be perfect for hot summer workouts -- wonder why they are waiting for a fall release with that one!!! The purple color is beautiful -- also love the boys blue in the metal tech shirt -- hope they swing that color over to the womens side!!

RunningOnCoffee said...

just watched the video for the first time:
-Like the 3 pockets on the inspire crop.
-Mesh back CRB is cool, but I agree- why wait til fall? It's hot now!! Would love that for my runs in 80+ temps.
-Hoping that the new tank with silverescent/circle mesh will work out better for me than the pep tank did.
-Modern crew-neck is cool, but I pass on cotton. I've got all kinds of cotton t-shirts that I no longer like to work out in.
-I Like the solid side panels and cuffs on the remix hoodie, as well as the hood logo
-Run: Inspire pullover, I like the reflectivity, curious to know if that back pocket goes across the entire back like the Run: Hills pullover or if it's just on that side. I'm ok with words on my clothes as long as it's only on the cuffins!
-The knotted straps are kind of cool on the bags, something different. I don't get the white shoulder strap on these.
-Everywear bag: I like the laptop compartment, but will the bag stand up well on its own or will you have to worry about the bag flopping over?
-Fast In Flight bag - I like that it looks like it comes in some more neutral/earthtone colors (looks like olive to me)

Luvlulu said...

@runningoncoffee- I saw the black everywear bag today and it stands up just like a classy classic bag. (to me I didn't seen very much of a difference between the two other than the material, the handles and maybe the pockets but didn't inspect the pockets because I wasnt' that interested in it. I did check out the handles because I was very curious how it would feel to carry that bag, but I didn't like it.

I tried on the rock out pants today and they are extremely low in the front. They weren't that low in the back but the front was too low for me. They were really cute and I was so excited to try them on. I guess I'll stick to groove pants. I also tried on the long sleeve pimas. They were TTS and came in black and white. Those are definitely a must have for pima fans but I must say it was weird trying on a long sleeve top when it's 90 degrees out.

pilatesmom said...

I tried on and purchase the black and white long sleeved pimas today. Great staples. But I'd love them in fun colors. Also tried on the rock out pant in the alarming/oasis quilted waist. Love them but they only had regular length in that (solid black in tall but I have enough all black bottoms) and was told that the color bands came in regular length only and the solids in reg and tall. I think the new bag looks almost exactly like the classy classic and is pretty much the same size.

Anonymous said...

@pilatesmom - Do you find the white pimas too sheer? I am debating about getting the white. Do you wear a regular nude colored bra or a colorful lulu one? I really want a white pima but trying to decide what to wear under it. Thx

pilatesmom said...

@anon. the white pima is a touch sheer. I wear either a nude plain bra under it or a colorful power Y which does show thru.

RunningOnCoffee said...

I tried on a stride today in both oasis and the gray/alarming. I opted to size down one size, and I came home with a Stride in Oasis. That will be my birthday present to myself! :)

pilatesmom said...

have the new scuba jackets come to the US yet? it seems like all the facebookers who are buying them are in canada...