Sunday, July 11, 2010

Running Key Cuff and Sweat Bands

For all you runners out there - what do you use to wipe the sweat off your face as you run? Your shirt or do you wear those terry sweat band cuffs? When I walk on warm days, I sweat like crazy but I hate to use my $60+ luluemon shirt to wipe sweat because I usually have some combination of suncreen/moisturizer/makeup on and I'd hate to permanently stain my shirt. I was thinking the Lululemon key cuff could be used as a sort of sweat band even though it's not as absorbent as terry. I swear lululemon used to make a men's terry cuff. If they made terry ones I'd buy them in a second.

6 comments:

M said...

I use my husband's shirt :-) I don't suspect he'll let me keep doing it though. Terry sweat bands would be GREAT!!

Molly said...

I run in Headsweats visors, they keep the sweat out of my face just fine. I'd melt with a sweat band on - any extra thing just overheats me.

momof5 said...

When I do kettlebelles I have to wear wristbands to wipe away the sweat -- I would LOVE some especially in matching colors -- I love to be match-y match!! --

ChiRunner said...

I've never been a big fan of the Lulu key cuffs. They really don't seem a secure way to hold your key. I've got something similar I wear that has a zippered pocket instead and it does a bit of double duty for wiping sweat.

I would totally wear some Lulu terry sweatbands for running though, especially if they were sort of thin terry. Most of the ones available from Nike, etc. are really thick and bulky.

RunningOnCoffee said...

I've thought about getting a sweatband... At the gym I'll bring a small towel, or get some extra paper towel for my sweat.

When running, sometimes I'm wearing a baseball cap. If not, I'll wipe my forehead with the back of my hand only if it's really bad.

Jennifer said...

I wear the flight running bonnet and it's low enough on the forehead to keep most of the sweat away from my eyes. Otherwise, I just wipe it away with my hands. But some sort of sweat cuff would probably work better. It would be really easy to sew yourself with a little bit of stretch terrycloth.