Sunday, July 4, 2010

Try On Report - Light Up Tank - Nice but Pricey!

I tried on the Light Up tank today. It's a very cute and comfortable lightweight tank...but it's $68!! For that price, it needs to be super awesome and for me, it's not. For the past year, I've been buying a lot more tanks that I can wear my own bra under and this tank does not give me enough support by itself. For busty women, it's on the lower end of support. It's more supportive than a Power Y but it's no Deep V or Push UR Limits. The top part was pretty snug - more snug fitting than a Power Y -  and I squished out over the sides. You might want to try the next size up. It also dips fairly low in front, particularly when you bend over, and after my experience with the boobshow All Out tank, I'm not into flashing that much cleavage at the gym. The straps were comfortable, wide, and supportive. The belly part is looser fitting. I liked the elasticized bottom and it had a really nice feature which lululemon might want to think about incorporating into all its luxtreme tops - it had gripper elastic on the inside of the hem to help it stay in place. The gripper band was clear and glittery so if your shirt accidentally flips up, it's kind of cute looking. I tried on the Wish Blue and the Pig versions. Make sure you get the cups in the Pig version because it reveals all your dimples. If this tank came in a singlet version where you could wear your own bra underneath, I might consider it, even at $68. It's a very cute, flattering design and if the built in bras offer you enough support and you are in the market for a lightweight luxtreme tank, then you might want to look at it. They didn't have the Light Up Jersey for me to try on.

I went to both the Irvine and Newport Beach stores today. I ended up getting a Lime and Coal Run: Swiftly tee for $34. Irvine had all their Run: Swiftly tees at $34 (and quite a few sizes in Lime, Tang Light, and Silver) but Newport had them at the same price they were in Loot at $39. I also got a pair of charcoal Vita Crops for $9 at the Newport store. They are strictly for around the house loungewear but how could I pass them up for $9.  The educators seemed to think the new line will arrive in the stores this week.

Oh yeah, neither store had the Run: Zoom Singlets marked down to $39 like the Santa Monica store did. However, they also sold a lot better here than the SM store. Both the OC stores only had a couple of the tanks left. Anyway, it just goes to show it pays to visit multiple stores if you have them in your area. I am dying to run up to the El Segundo store now to see what they have marked down.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer, it's so cute, but too expensive for an athletic top.

LuluAddict said...

The price point is prohibitive. I'd keep an eye out for hit to be marked down a bit.

LuluAddict said...

I'm wondering if the tank is $68, how much the jersey is - $75?

Becky said...

$9 for Vita Crops?? LUCKY!

LuluAddict said...

I'm pretty sure it was the last pair and they just wanted to get rid of them.

Becky said...

I bought a Charcoal Gray pair online at $29 and was excited, I would have been ecstatic at $9! I find them really comfy.

pilatesmom said...

Ouch on that price. Wonder if that will end up prohibiting sales or if they'll do a quick price adjustment as they've done with other overpriced items in the past.

M said...

I'm not overly impressed with most of the Light Up items.

The tank is cute but too expensive for me at $68. Maybe if it were cheaper. Plus I tend to like racerback back better.

Didn't really like the light up shorts either. Prefer the look of the run zoom knee shorts. Will have to try them on to see which fit is better.

I do like the look of the light up bra however!

Pattybea said...

Not sure I want reflective striping up and down my body...my husband had a glance at the photo of the tank with the shorts and was not impressed with what the striping did to the model's body.

Since I work out inside--not for me.

Seeing all the info regarding the other lines, I now understand why there is very little creativity at the moment. Too busy growing... I have to say, IMO Lululemon is very boring at the moment.

LuluAddict said...

@Becky - I had been hoping to pick up a pair of Vita crops on markdown since they first came out. They looked so comfy and I liked them when I tried them on. However, the lowest I'd seen them in the store was $39 and when they went into Loot they didn't have my size.

I'm not getting the awesomeness of adding reflective stripes to everything. It wears off with washing. You can buy reflective bands to wear around your arm or leg. My husband and I used to rollerblade at night on the Strand (beach path along the ocean) in Manhattan Beach and we bought blinking lights and reflective straps so people would see us better.

The lululemon symbol itself is reflective and the hats and running gloves have reflective piping.

cjrun said...

I prefer the decorative reflective elements like on the back of Spirit pullover. In the winter, I always wear a reflective armband and blinking light when I run. I look dorky, but at least people SEE me!

Thanks for the review. Sounds like I can hold off for awhile- especially at that price point.

Becky said...

Honestly, I have yet to see any of the new products that interest me. I am curious as to what else they will be bringing out for fall.

Anonymous said...

Good morning,

I have a question for you and would like to chat through e-mail. Can you send me your email address at: miss_emilie1983@hotmail.com

Thanks :)

momof5 said...

Wow -- 68 is a lot for that top IMO-- I wonder if there will be new colors besides the 3 -- especially since the pig was an older color -- I am not loving this color scheme as much as the last one -- Hopefully they will come out with some great new designs to make it enticing!! And don't continue this pattern of jacking up the prices!! They should tell by able to tell by Loot where the price point really is for some items!! Some things still aren't moving even at Loot pricing!