Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Bra - Boobs on a Wire

 Boobs on a Wire (aka, BOAW)

 Ta Ta Tamer (aka, TTT)

Lululemon has a new underwire bra out - the Boobs on a Wire. As someone who prefers an underwire bra it looks promising but I can't say I like the name. It'll be even more embarrassing asking for this than for a Ta Ta Tamer. "Hi, is the Boobs on a Wire in yet?"  The image the name inspires is rather painful, too. From this point on I will refer to it as the BOAW. I wonder whether the 38DD will be as elusive to find in the BOAW as it is in the TTT. I'm not really a 38DD but the Lululemon bra band seems to run a size small compared to my DKNY and Champion Powerback bras.

The BOAW certainly looks like it has a more natural shape than the TTT. My boobs have a such a weird shape in the TTT - like half coconuts on my chest - and they sit up so high it's like they reside under my chin. Anyway, I look forward to trying this on. I'm excited at the thought of a really supportive bra in colors that match my clothes. Shivers!

Product Information:


  • Discreet, low-neck high support bra. Lightweight, all-day comfort for the C-DD cup girl!
  • 4-way stretch power luxtreme™ fabric has inherent wicking & high LYCRA® content for maximum support
  • Flexible underwire separates breasts & bra sits flat against the body for more support
  • Wide padded gel straps distribute weight & won't dig in!
  • Gel padded hook-&-eye closure for easy on/off
  • Adjustable, crossable straps!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OT but I found a picture of the Fireside hoody on facebook with the color labelled as "Heathered Amazon":
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5066280&id=114034581698&fbid=421278301698&ref=share#!/photo.php?pid=5066280&id=114034581698&fbid=421278301698&ref=share

Whatever it's called, I like it... and some prints would be nice... ;)

Anonymous said...

Also off comment I saw a girl while out for a run tonight and she was wearing a fireside in olive green!
Interesting!

Anonymous said...

BOAW - I'll give it a try. The TTT never worked for me - way too much fabric and made my chest look weird.

OT - but do you think there will be a loot upload this holiday weekend? Seems to me the last big loot was on Canada Day/July 4th weekend. Also I recall a big one on Christmas '09. If there is more loot, I wonder what will be put in there. Some Strides or remixes? Lots of those it seems no one is buying...

houndlvr67 said...

Boobs on a Wire brings up strange images of S&M...I can just imagine the "brainstorming" session for that one.

ojodeazul said...

Will definitely try it, especially if the straps can be worn two ways. However that name is just bad...

Mel said...

Sounds like a man approved that name

ChiRunner said...

I wish Lulu would make something like this for those of us with smaller busts. I would love a supportive bra that wasn't a racer back (or where the straps could be worn both ways) - as it is I always pass on cute tanks like the Pep Tank and the Sunrise Tank because every sports bra I own is racer back and I don't like the look of a racer back under a non-racer tank.

Anonymous said...

BOAW looks super cute, functional, & great on the straps being able to be worn both ways, but the named...OH MY STARS!!! Are they nuts?????!! I look forward to seeing it & trying it, but to me, it will be the bra with no name, just the "new bra", when I ask for it....

Anonymous said...

ChiRunner, the TTT comes in tiny sizes too. It's always on the sale rack at my local store (unlike the big sizes they don't make enough of).