Thursday, September 9, 2010

Effortless Pant and Senorita Swiftly Pics

I am still liking the look of the Effortless Pant. I know we had a discussion in previous posts about too tight clothes but in the case of the french terry it does loosen up a bit with wear so I can see starting off with a fit on the tighter side.

I believe this is the true color of the Senorita Pink Swiftly tee. The website makes it look a lot more muted than it is in real life. It turns out the Senorita Pink Swiftly does look like the one on the website. Too bad, this one is pretty. I believe people complained about bleeding with previous batches of senorita pink swiftly items so wash it before wear and don't wear with a white bra, jacket, or hoodie until you have tested the color fastness. The lolo purple one might bleed, too. I know my Potion Purple Swiftly tee bled on a white bra (not a lot - just under the armpits) when I first wore it.

 
The seams on the back of the Inspire crop help create an optical illusion of a smaller backside. I must try these on!

10 comments:

ojodeazul said...

My SP and Bold Blue swifty ran like crazy (and in fact my BB still runs). So be careful with light colored stuff. MY BB recently bled into my IJWR in pig pinkL(

momof5 said...

@Luluaddict -- Cant wait for your review of the Inspire crops -These look really cute -- I just had to send an order back to lulu and hate to waste my shopping $ on the post office!

Anonymous said...

Saw the new Senorita swiftly top with coal neckline yesterday at my local (Phoenix, AZ) Lulu. It is not as bright in person as this picture you are showing, but I wish it is! It's more muted like the website suggests. Wish I was a big skinnier, because I really love the swiftly tops, but it seems to accent my belly.

houndlvr67 said...

I just got my LS Swiftly in senorita today...totally washed out :(-just like the alarming one. Mine is going back.

With all of the complaints, they must be paranoid of color bleeding.

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon & Houndlvr - thanks I will update the website. I think older ones were brighter.

Becky C said...

I got my LS Senorita Swiftly today too. I agree that it is not as bright (although I like it) and agree that is makes me look bellylicious. I could do without that and wonder if sizing up would just make it too big elsewhere?

Maybe I should be soliciting belly roll minimizing actions?

Anonymous said...

Did any of the sites have the price of the Effortless Pants... they look comfy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! I'm a 4/6 in all lulu tops. But I have a few size 8 swiftly tops both LS and SS b/c I love the fabric but I hate that it hugs everything and if I don't wear padding in my sports bra, it shows off some other things. This morning, it's chilly so I'll wear a size 6 LS w/ size 8 SS over it. Try the next size on and see.

Megan said...

I tried on the Inspire top today in lolo. It was ok. I already purchased the CrossTrain and didn't need to spend another $100. If I didn't have that one, I would have more strongly considered it.

That said, based on your blog, I also tried on the Still pant and the Tadasana (with the lolo waistband). I didn't like the Still - felt too blah to me, even when is sized down. The Tadasana were super cute, I liked the cinching at the bottom, I liked the mostly straight leg with minimal flare, and most of all, they made my backside look super cute!

Becky C said...

Thanks Anonymous for the input on the sizing. I'll have to try on a size up at the store and see what its like. I think you're right that it will solve the clinging.

Maybe a crb or another layer under the LS would help too...once the weather gets cool enough to wear it.