Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Loving My Latest Purchases - Long Sleeve Swiftly Tech & Effortless Hoodie

I don't know why it took me so long to buy a long sleeve Swiftly Tech shirt. I know the $68 price tag was an big impediment. However, after having bought four short sleeve Swiftly tech shirts over the past couple of months and found them perfect for hot days and sweaty activities I figured I'd give the long sleeve a try. I love it! The shirt has such a flattering, figure hugging fit. The sleeves are long and the body of the shirt is nice and long so you can bunch it up a bit in the middle to hide flaws. The neck hole is just open enough so it doesn't feel like it's choking you but closed enough so you don't have too much skin exposed and get chilled. The material is very light and soft against your skin. It's a great layering piece. Other than walking, I don't exercise outside much but I do spend a lot of time outdoors on the school playground or lugging chairs and equipment my kids' baseball and soccer games so I am sweating sporadically.  It's great to have a technical shirt that feels great against your skin and is breathable and wicking.  It kills me to pay full price for these since they are over $70 with tax but they sell out very quickly and never make it to markdown. I also plan to use this as a baselayer for skiing like I did with my Energy and Hills Pullovers. I have to get more of these tops. Oh yeah, as with the Swifly tees, different colors fit differently for some reason. In this latest color batch, the lolo fit the loosest, followed by the dark classic sport gray, and the senorita pink the snuggest.

The weather finally cooled enough that I got to wear my Effortless Hoodie. I am really liking it. The inside is so soft and feels great against the skin. The body is loose fitting so it's very comfortable when you are snuggled up on the couch or walking. I am hoping this gets released in more colors because I definitely want another one. I read a review on the Lululemon website where a woman said she stretched out the arms by taking it out of washer and had her husband stretch it while wet. The arms are a bit snug on me so I might try this.

11 comments:

pilatesmom said...

I really like my long sleeved swiftlys. I had one last fall/winter that I kept washing over and over because it was a perfect base layer for cold winter running (so thin so added little bulk under other layers). So, I purchased oasis and lolo so I don't have to constantly wash my grey one this winter : )

I wanted to love my effortless hoodie. I loved the heathered lolo color. And athough the arms were a touch snug it wasn't the arms that bothered me - it was the shapelessness of the torso. It just hung on me like a sack. And, while it was kind of soft, it wasn't any softer than any of my other soft cotton lulu pieces and less stretchy than other materials such as french terry - i like soft and stretchy to go together : )

Anonymous said...

there's a reason why it is called the effortless hoodie....they put no effort into making it! I could pull a sweatshirt out of my husbands closet and look just as good in it....for ALOT less money!

Anonymous said...

Is the long sleeved swiftly true to size or did you go down a size? i tried on a short sleeved version once and ended up needing a 4 (i'm a 6).

RunningOnCoffee said...

I have a long sleeve swiftly that I got in my regular size 6 last year in dark classic grey. It is definitely a little loose - the length is long and the sleeves are long, but I am only 5'2". I considered trying a 4, but the 6 was the last one in the store, and for that reason it was marked down to like $54? Despite it being on the loose side, I really liked it for running and also as a base layer for skiing (the whole 1-2x/year I get to ski now). I was at first afraid it was too long, but it's nice that you can bunch it up a little, and that you don't have to worry about it riding up while you run. The only draw back for me is that being snugger in the cuffs, my GPS watch doesn't fit underneath so I have to wear it on the outside of my sleeve.

Anonymous said...

A couple of months ago I scored a long sleeved swiftly in passion for $39! It was the only one of any colour/size in the store and they wanted to clear it out. Believe it or not I was still on the fence about purchasing it because I didn't own any but decided to give it a try. I love it! I know I won't find any at this price ever again, but it's so great that I'm looking at getting a (full price) lolo one :)

momof5 said...

OT -- got an email from Zobha -- up to 70% off sale -- some good deals -- tanks are 25 including the ones with the removeable cups (ill let you know if they include the cups, LOL!) , bra tops 15, pants 30 and up -- jacket 40

amber said...

Hey, did you see the new tank this morning? The Mindful Tank. Looks like it has potential! :)

Anonymous said...

Luluaddict I'm that mom who is constantly dragging equipment to baseball games too. It seems like half my life is spent on some field of some sort. Since I've discovered luluemon a year ago it's the only thing I wear. The long sleeve swiftly is a big staple for those freezing winter months when you start a game at 7:00AM but then warms up as the day goes on. Great layering piece. I must be a weird body shape because I'm a four in the tank, six in the long sleeve and 8 in short sleeve (I think it's my long gorilla arms:) ) it helps reading your blog to get sizing ideas.
P.s. My kids are nuts for No Errors equipment for baseball. Their website is gearguardsports.com you might like it.

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 8:44 am - Since I discovered Lululemon that is all I wear to games, too. You are definitely right about needing to layer as the days warm up. I also like the Energy and Hills Pullovers to wear to fall soccer games. You can lower the zipper as it heats up.

I wish the sleeves were a little looser on the Swiftly, too. I can't push them up easily but they do look nice when they are down.

@ Momof 5 - I saw the Zobha sale. If you don't have one, I recommend the Marilyn tank - super comfortable. Although, if you press your arms together in front of you, you will give everyone an eyeful down your shirt. I wear mine around the house and as streetwear.

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 8:44 am - Since I discovered Lululemon that is all I wear to games, too. You are definitely right about needing to layer as the days warm up. I also like the Energy and Hills Pullovers to wear to fall soccer games. You can lower the zipper as it heats up.

I wish the sleeves were a little looser on the Swiftly, too. I can't push them up easily but they do look nice when they are down.

@ Momof 5 - I saw the Zobha sale. If you don't have one, I recommend the Marilyn tank - super comfortable. Although, if you press your arms together in front of you, you will give everyone an eyeful down your shirt. I wear mine around the house and as streetwear.

momof5 said...

@Lulu -- funny that is the one I ordered and the bra -- I was looking for a flow y and this was WAY cheaper -- especially as an underlayer!!!