Saturday, September 25, 2010

OT: Zobha 70% Off Sale

For those of you who would like to try Zobha they are having a 70% off sale on selected items. I've ordered a few things from Zobha (the Classic Racerback with and without cups, the Marilyn Tank, the Straight Leg Capri, and the Scoop Neck Tunic) and like them, especially at the markdown prices. I primarily use them for street wear and not exercise but they would be perfect for low impact activity. Their performance material feels a lot like luon - tactile feel, thickness, and weight - but is a little less breathable and wicking. The tanks are typically a little shorter than Lululemon, except for the Marilyn tank, but make sure to look at photo to see where the tank will hit. The bras are typically a simple shelf bra but there are cups in a few styles. The cups are identical to Lululemon's and definitely add support. The tanks typically do not flare as much to accommodate for your hips so check the size charts and don't go by your Lululemon size. Zobha resells on Ebay pretty well if it doesn't work out for you. Free shipping is in the US only.  This time I ordered a pair of the French Terry pants to give them a try since I don't have this material yet and can always use a pair of pants like this. Oh yes, click on the top-level "SALE" link on the left and not the sub-items. That way you'll be able to see everything on sale.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had Canadian version of this store. I hate paying all these extra duties and shipping charges.

Anonymous said...

What is the size differnce, what size do you wear in lulu and in this? im eyeing the rain jacket but i dont know what size.

LuluAddict said...

I usually take a 12 in Lululemon but the Zobha 12 is a bit small so I bought a 14 in the Marilyn tank. It's actually big in the chest but good in the hips. I could probably get away with a 12 in that style tank but I could definitely use a 14 in the Classic Racerback. I bought an XL in the Scoop Neck Tunic and that fits fine.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much for updating us on these types of sales, & alt brands! I also really like when you give detailed fit assessments based on your tryout of the garments, as it's super helpful for unknown brands or styles. Thank-you!!

Anonymous said...

OT - Spotted on 3rd episode of Hellcats, Wish Blue Define Jacket, White/Athletica Grey Inner Strength Tank and a Black Scoop Neck Tank!

Anonymous said...

I got the pima scoop neck tunic from their last sale. I was pretty disappointed with it - it's see through, and I thought the sizing was really large. I can't imagine paying full price for it. It makes me really leery of trying anything else Zobha, since after this I won't ever pay full price, and the sale stuff is non-returnable.

Anonymous said...

Lulu addict - I just bought the Swiftly SS in Pow(er?) Purple. Do you know if this is an older color, or a "new" released item? I know the color was out in the past, but I'm trying to figure out if this shirt was just newly produced.

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 5:46 am - I agree about the Scoop Neck Tunic - very thin material. If I had paid full price for it I would have been very peeved but for $20 it was an ok deal. That style does run a bit large but I haven't washed it yet so am not sure if it will shrink a bit. I like my cotton stuff a little on the larger side because every now and then it sneaks into the dryer and I end up shrinking it a bit.

It's so hard to buy mail order - you always take a chance an item not running true to size. I thought the Classic Racerbacks ran true to size or a little snug (and they are shorter than I like) and the Marilyn tank was slightly on the large side. I feel for people who have to buy Lululemon via mail order.

Did you try selling your top on Ebay? It seems to re-sell fairly well.

@anon 6:51 am - Power Purple was out last fall but I don't think any new swiftlys have come out in Power Purple yet. However, if you bought it from the Israeli seller on Ebay it's probably a newly produced shirt that hasn't made it to the stores yet and we'll be seeing it soon.

@ anon 2:07 am - I saw that Hellcats episode. The CW doesn't upload the episode to the web until it's done replaying so I don't have any screen captures yet but will put them up soon. The Inner strength tank look really nice on her - the neckline is very pretty. I thought the Scoop Neck tank looked so nice. I never write about the Scoop Neck tank these days but it's a very flattering design to most figures.

RunMama said...

That coach from Hellcats looks amazing in everything. Make me want to buy everything she wears.

The pima scoopneck from Zobha did not shrink one bit, lol. The jury is out on it, I may appreciate the longer length in the cold weather when I can comfortably layer something underneath it.

Colorado Pilates Teacher said...

Hi...I have Zobha tops, and I size down from my Lululemon size. In Lululemon I'm a pretty consistent size 6, and in Zobha, a consistent size 4. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Anyone try the Zobha pants? I'm a 6 in Lulu and am wondering which size to get in Zobha.

According to the Zobha size chart I'm either a 4 or 6.