Monday, September 13, 2010

Premium Technikini Review

I haven't been to the gym since school started a couple of weeks ago. I've been waiting for a chance to wear my new Premium Technikini (PT for short) underwear and give you my review.  The design has changed from the old Technikin in a few ways. First, it seems like the sizes are smaller. I bought the same size as always but when I laid the new underwear on top of my old Technikini's the new ones were noticeably smaller at the top. When I first put them on, I thought the PTs came up a bit high in the back and peeped over the waistband of my Passion crops. I had to tuck them back down so they didn't show. Pants these days are fairly low rise in the back and I've had to change out all my underwear to accommodate that fact. It seems weird that Lululemon would change the back rise because I never noticed a problem with my old technikinis feeling like they were falling down.  During spin class the new PTs were sneaking up one cheek or another about a third of the way up. Not enough to be really uncomfortable but enough for me to notice. I had two rows of bikes behind me so I couldn't really fix it properly and had to settle for a quick front adjustment which doesn't always work. I think the wide crotch panel helped them stay somewhat in place but my older technikinis rarely snuck up. When I got home I put on a pair of my older technikinis over the new PTs to see if I dreaming up issues or there really were design changes. My older ones definitely covered more of my butt cheeks at the bottom - the new ones are cut higher so this is why they started sneaking up on me during class. The older technikinis also have a much lower rear rise so they don't show above your pants. I'm now thinking maybe I had the new PTs pulled up too far but I couldn't even do that in the older style. Perhaps the new material is very stretchy. I am going to search for some of the older ones before they are all gone. I don't know why Lululemon felt they had to change the old design, it was pretty perfect as it was. I hope they go back.

7 comments:

Luvlulu said...

I bought three pair a couple months ago (passion, angel & black) and the passion one was much bigger than the others. They were all the same size but the passion one was much higher in the back like you mentioned. I think sometimes they just make them incorrectly.

lululemon athletica said...

Hi Luluaddict! Thanks so much for the feedback on the fit of the Premuim Techniki. The design team will occasionally adjust the fit of certain products, and it's good to hear first hand how our guests like the fit. I'll be passing this on to design!

Cheers,
Laura
GEC Online Community

LuluAddict said...

@ Luvlulu - The fit of other Luluelmon underwear I've bought has varied before - both the older Technikini and hot shorts. I guess I should unroll them in the store and eyeball them before I buy.

@ GEC Laura - Thanks for checking in. I filled out a feedback on these, too.

Pattybea said...

I can't get over this photo. This is the model you use to sell athletic wear?? From what I can see there is very little muscle tone. Showed it to my husband and his reply was "hmmm that is a very strange figure"

Anonymous said...

How can you tell the old from the new? By color? Do the new say "premium" and the old ones don't? Thanks!

LuluAddict said...

The old ones do say Premium technikini on the tag. Also, the old ones didn't have a logo on the them - the mesh was a weave of lululemon logos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm hoping I can find an old one in a store to try out. For sure I'll avoid the new ones!