Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today's Upload - Some Goodies

Yay! The Flow and Go tank was uploaded this morning. I briefly toyed with the idea of calling the GEC to see if I could get an Oasis or Alarming but decided to go with the tried and true black since I will probably use this tank more outside the gym than inside. I was surprised to see how low the tank was worn on the model on the website. It makes sense since a lot of the facebook photos we've seen of the tank show it gaping open  in the back. Anyway, I'll get the tank late tomorrow afternoon and give my fit review then.

Flow and Go Tank

I also briefly considered ordering the Tadasana jacket but I really want to try this on first. Some people have commented that the back of the jacket bags out in back creating a turtle-shell effect. You can kind of see it in the photo of the lolo jacket on the web:

Back of jacket is bagging out in the back, creating a "turtle shell" effect


No turtle shell here

However, turtle shell or not I suspect the comfort of the jacket, with the super-breathable back will outweigh the aesthetics of it. Sometimes I leave the gym right after spin class still sweating buckets and having a jacket with a mesh back sounds just lovely. The Get Started Jacket was just a bit too short and boxy for me but the length of this jacket looks perfect for me. I'm hoping to go to the store this weekend to try it on.


A nice surprise today was the appearance of the running baseball caps showing up. The hat is adjustable and has a zipper pocket for a key or money. There are two lululemon logos on this hat - the metal plate in front and normal reflective symbol in the back. The edge of the brim is also reflective. There is no mesh in the hat however. I washed a couple of my Flight Running Bonnets and older Distance hats this weekend in the washer on hand wash cycle and they came through the wash fine. I have the purple ombre plaid hat and love it, as I do all of Lululemon's hats. When I first saw the hat in photos I was afraid it would be too loud and overwhelming but the colors are nicely muted on the gray background and I find it a nice change of pace from solid colored hats. I would love a blue hat to match with some navy jackets I have. Now that the hats have shown up I am hopeful some new mesh headbands will be here, too.

The plaid is muted by being on a gray background


This plaid was too bright for me


The newest batch of Art Hoodies were uploaded. I'm not a huge hoodie person so they don't do much for me but the embroidery is a nice change of pace. I would love to see embroidery decorate the legs or waistband of some of the cotton pants.


19 comments:

momof5 said...

Were the art hoodies fully uploaded in all sizes or did they sell out in those sizes so quickly -- I couldn't imagine them selling out that fast --I was onsite pretty quickly and it seemed they were gone in some sizes right way -- Is this a little lulu marketing or did that many people want the remix ==the last batch are still available so I don't think the demand would be that great

Sarah said...

I am excited to try the flow and go tank. I ordered it in black and white. The vinyasa scarves are back in stock in the static charcoal color. I ordered one of those as well. The tadasana jacket looks cute.

LuluAddict said...

@momof5 - I think they weren't fully stocked. I can't believe they'd sell that fast, especially on the US side. We're not nearly as hoodie-crazy as the Canadian side. OT - Did you order anything from the Zobha sale?

@Sarah - I considered getting a Vinyasa scarf just to use as a small blanket for travel or at my kid's soccer games. The citron one was on sale at my local store for $19 a couple of weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

http://shop.lululemon.com/Flow_and_Go_Tank/pd/np/500/p/2775.html

Whoa nipple...really?

pilatesmom said...

hats are gone already. i already have the purple plaid (love) and a couple other colors. boring upload again this week. ordered the flow and go tank but more to try than certain to want (boo on only the black and white and no colors online). Other than that, have not been biting on what has been online the past couple of weeks. DID order the charcoal fireside pants and love them remind me of 60's ski pants : )

momof5 said...

@Luluaddict -- yes I ordered the greta tank in black and the classic racerback bra in purple -- still waiting to get them -- SLOOOWWW shipping to NJ
Sadly, there hasn't been much to interest me from Lulu lately

I would LOVE for them to bring back the athletic deep v in fall colors!!!
and a long sleeve 5 yr pima would be great too--

and anything not GREY!

houndlvr67 said...

Those were the only sizes uploaded in the Art Series hoodies last time too-It is because that is what they had excess stock in...the gray hoodie up to size 8 and the black up to size 10.

I haven't bought anything that I have kept from Lulu in a month-EXCEPT for stuff from the Lab.

RunningOnCoffee said...

Didn't order anything from this download. I agree with momof5- It usually takes over a week for things to get to me. However, I ordered the Inspire Jacket on Monday; it shipped Tuesday; and surprisingly it's set to come a little early (this Friday... instead of the original estimate of Monda). Very pleased; however, I had planned to go to happy hour with friends after work, and now I will want to swing by our apartment and intercept it before hand :-p

Becky C said...

@RunningOnCoffee

I'm LOVING my inspire jacket. It may make an appearance in my triathlon(paddle/bike/run) this weekend. I hope you love yours just as much!

Sarah said...

@luluaddict-The lulu @Tysons had citron marked down there as well and I bought one in that color. It's so cheery! I think it will make a great travel blanket and I want to try wearing it next summer in some of the wrap top styles.

Does anyone know how the tadasana jacket runs?

Anonymous said...

some new items just popped up on loot online...3:25pm EDT...push ur limits, fireside jacket, ultra crop, revitalize skirt
would love it if more popped up in loot for those of us that don't live close enough or have the time & energy to dedicate to the hamilton warehouse sale. wouldn't that be a novel idea?

Anonymous said...

Tried on the Tasadana jacket. The colours are nice, the arm fit is nice and that is it IMO. The back mesh droops so much, and the front does not flatter the female shape at all. I felt like I was wearing a garbage bag. No tailoring to see any sort of waist, such a wide panel in the front that my chest barely showed. I went down a size from my normal 6 and it fit properly, but the above description is lulu's definition of properly. If they took off a few inches of fabric from the back, it would work. Doesn't even help when you pull it down.

Anonymous said...

That embroidery just looks so random to me. Not very artistic or well thought out, IMO. I wish Lulu would get some REAL design talent, instead of some of the ppl they've been using lately.

Can't decide between white or black of the F&G tank.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Lulu shipped less to the US warehouse considering you are not "hoodie crazy", that just makes sense.

RunMama said...

I tried on the Tadasana Jacket. I liked it but thought the back drooped too much. It also poofed at the back sides and made for an unflattering silhouette from the front. If it went into loot for say $69 I may take another look at it, but for $108 - pass. I ordered nothing from the upload, not that there was that much to order.

Anonymous said...

The Tadasana jacket was nice in the front but the back was terrible! It looked like I pooped myself. I usually wear a size 2 and I am short (5'0) it did me no justice. If it even went to loot I would not order it...that's just what I think.

Michelle Q said...

Argh! I'm so annoyed - I really wanted the Flow N Go tank in black. I went to my local store today and returned some items my husband bought for me. I told the educator that I really wanted to exchange the items for a flow n go, but they didn't have it in store. She was super sweet and offered to return the items to a gift card for me (my hubs used his credit card for the purchase and I didn't have it with me) and she would purchase the tank with the gift card while I was there. She did so, but erroneously ordered the white tank instead of the black. We noticed the mistake right away, and she was apologetic and told me she would get it fixed. I left, and when I got back to my office I called the GEC to make sure that the switch was made. The GEC rep told me it was too late to switch since the order was in progress, but she canceled the order for the white and was going to re-order in the black. One glitch, though, I didn't have the gift card anymore since they used it in store. But they worked their magic and worked it out, even though it took some time since the servers were slow. But guess what? By the time the GEC was able to figure it all out, the tank was sold out in my size! ARGH!

I do want to add, though, that throughout this whole frustrating experience, all educators and GEC reps were wonderfully helpful and very nice. Since I had used a gift card for the initial order placed in the store, they were going to send me a gift card replacement. But when I went through the whole story and asked that they credit the original card (which I should have just done from the beginning to save myself the whole mess) they went ahead and did it. Bravo Lululemon! If the Flow and Go hits my local stores in black in my size, I am SO there!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm sorry that happened to you!! That's so annoying & frustrating! I'm peeved that the Flow N Go's are out in both black AND white in 2-6 sizes. WTH is up w/ that? Did Lulu only get in two of each size or something? That's so wonky. Lululemon makes far too much money to keep being run like an incompetent small company, IMO.

I personally think that GEC should have used their computers to locate you a Flow N Go in your size/color in one of their stores & had it shipped to you.

Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be great if GEC did things like that....don't get me wrong, sometimes they are great but sometimes they just don't try at all. I received shanti crops and loved them but 1 leg was an inch shorter than the other (believe it or not!) and there was none left. They gave me a list of stores that may have them and I had to contact them myself and pay to have them shipped to me if they had a pair. Given the circumstances, I expected better...