Friday, October 22, 2010

Pics of Scuba Hoodies and the Awareness Wrap

Lolo Scuba SE Hoodie

I thought this was distressed until I checked the website. The seams have some interesting detail in them. This is a special edition hoodie and is $128.

Plum Scuba (paired with Still Pants)

Wish Blue Scuba - so pretty!

Awareness Wrap

Such noticeably snug arms on a slender woman in this photo. I wonder why Lululemon is making all the arms of their jackets so snug. They need to get a rock climber chick for their fit model - somebody with some muscles. Last week I went to REI during their sale to look for a new jacket and it was such a pleasure to try on jackets that had roomy arms - that I could acutally layer clothes under! Shocking! I don't shop at REI that much but that may change. They had tons of cute outerwear options by North Face, Arc-teryx, Horny Toad, Mountain Hardware, Marmot, and Patagonia, just to mention a few.I especially like the Arc'teryx stuff but it's so pricey.


6 comments:

Becky C said...

Something about the scubas rub me the wrong way but I can't put my finger on it. Something about the fit maybe?

Jesster said...

I actually prefer slim-fitting arms on something bigger/more shapeless like the Awareness Wrap. It balances out the silhouette so the wearer doesn't look like a big pumpkin. :)

For the record, I have proportionally large arms considering my size (a shrimpy 5'2"). I haven't found any of the arms on Lulu items to be constricting on me so far. Sometimes I can't do up the arm buttons on short-sleeved blouses though!

Kris said...

REI has amazing customer service. NO time limit to when you can return stuff.

Luvlulu said...

I don't buy much at REI but I buy my heart rate monitors there. Mine needed service last week and I couldn't find the receipt so I called them and they looked it up and emailed me a copy. You have to become a member for them to look up your receipt but when I signed up it was $15 and I got it back in dividends a few months later. Great service.

houndlvr67 said...

I've had an Arc'teryx hardshell for three years that still looks new and a Covert fleece as well. I've really reaped a high rate of return on expenditure from them. Even though their manufacturing is done in China, they are obviously sourcing from the "right" vendors there.
Oh, and their clothes are cut for athletes, not people who happen to be genetically thin...

RunningOnCoffee said...

I love the new product notification pictures - the postures are more natural, less awkward.

I have had my eye on some Arc'teryx pieces, they are pricey too though! Backcountry.com also has a really good return policy and they offer some of the same brands you listed.

I have a Marmot power stretch half zip fleece that I'm wearing right now that is nice and fitted and warm; My husband's ski jacket is by Marmot. Their stuff seems to be well made and worth the price.

I have been eying some Patagonia stuff too. I hear it's also well made, I think it's kind of cool that they use recycled materials. I have read that they are better with the fair labor standards/ethical working conditions than The North Face (though maybe TNF could have improved in the last couple years).