Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New - Energize Pants Are Back - Yay!

I see the Energize Pant is back this year. I bought a pair last year and really like them. I thought the seaming in the back was so cute and flattering. However, they have gotten rid of the back pocket. That was one of my favorite things on the pant. I wonder if they changed the inner leg seam. It had a weird flap on it. Also, the pants run extra long and they bag up around your calf like built in leg warmers. The pants are $98 and come in black, black pique luon, static coal, and coal. Although I really like the feel of pique luon (very soft) I never managed to buy anything in it last year. Can anyone comment on how it wears?


Black Pique Luon Energize Pant and Cuddle Up Jacket


Energize Pants - Black Pique Luon, Static Coal, Black, Coal



Some Energize Pant Photos from Last year:






8 comments:

andrea2251 said...

You're right, totally cute with the back pocket. I wish they kept it. Without the back pocket, they just kind of look like tight sweat pants.

SV said...

I love that outfit- the black piqué energize pant with the grey cuddle up. Love love love

Neph said...

They don't look particularly special without the pocket, but I think they are more flattering. The location of the back pocket seems so low, I think it really doesn't flatter the butt at all, even on the mannequin. It just accentuates the fold where the butt meets the upper thigh. I think it would take just the right build for that to be flattering.

elliebelle said...

I have these pants from last year and I think they are really cute too. I liked the pocket - the only problem is that I get a weird rub spot on my thigh from the pocket stitching. But otherwise, I think these are almost like jeggings - at least I wear them that way. I think its too bad they took off the pocket - now they just look like basic leggings.

Dominique said...

"The location of the back pocket seems so low, I think it really doesn't flatter the butt at all, even on the mannequin. It just accentuates the fold where the butt meets the upper thigh. "

I am thinking the same thing... not really a fan because of the pocket being so low.

Liz Phelps said...

I LOVE the pique. sitting in the Vancouver airport in pique WUs with a pique define in my bag. so soft and warm but technical still. i like that it keeps me cozy but when i get sweaty b/c I'm running around with layers on, it's still got wicking potential. My WUs have pilling on the inner thighs but I tend to get it badly...on ALL my pants. The rest of the pants are in great shape. I had two pairs, one of which only got washed with other luon and they are definitely in better shape. I find that they are a little more "forgiving"/looser than other luon, but not as much as the organic cotton WUs. I find them flattering and concealing. Got a complement on the plane from Kelowna to Vancouver (she was clearly jealous she was in business attire and I was so cozy and comfy!)

Hope that helps. Let me know if that's not what you were looking for.

Liz Phelps said...

PS Lolo Pique is my secret fantasy!

Deanna said...

THe pocket was my favorite thing too! I'm so sad that I didn't get a pair with the pocket. I agree with Neph. Without the pocket they're nothing special.