Thursday, October 21, 2010

Newest Batch of Stride Jackets Fraying, Too

Some new chatter on Facebook about how the newest batch of Stride jackets, including the brushed luon and space dye ones, are fraying like the previous batch. The above photos are taken from the Lululemon website. They are photos of the original batch of Stride jackets that had the fraying issue (colors include Lolo purple and Oasis) to show what the "fraying" issue is. Lululemon has been very good about taking them back and exchanging them but many people thought the issue was fixed with the newest release, but it seems it hasn't. Anyway, inspect your jackets closely in the store or when they arrive at your house. Some people have seen loose threads on never-worn jackets hanging in the stores. It's too bad, I kind of like the brushed Heathered Charcoal Stride but maybe I'll wait for the Define version to come out.

5 comments:

RunningOnCoffee said...

That is really bad! It helps to see pictures showing what people have been experiencing!

I feel lucky that my oasis Stride didn't do anything like that. The worst I have on mine is that the ribbed panels have picked up a tiny snag or two.

(And I realize that statement is ridiculous... I shouldn't feel LUCKY that something I paid $108 for did not fall apart! That should be expected).

Luvlulu said...

I have the Lolo and Oasis Stride and they are fine. I just purchased the new heathered charcoal today thinking this problem was fixed. Maybe I better return it and see what happens with this batch. Bummer.

LuluAddict said...

I don't know if the fraying issue is universal but a lot of people have posted their problems on facebook. Maybe if you use the jacket lightly, it isn't such a problem? I don't have any Strides so I can't really comment on what is going on. I just wanted to let people know there have been some problems and to inspect their jackets when they buy them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these photos! I actually have about 5 or 6 Lulu items that have this going on, to various degrees. All were purchased within the past year and a half. I really think Lulu quality has declined, it's so sad.

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon - Please list the items your having fraying issues with. I haven't had fraying but I have had seams come on unraveled on a Hills Pullover (solid black), I Just Wanna Run (Lagoon), and a pair of Zoom Knee Shorts (black). All of the items are worn very lightly - like once a month. It's extremely irritating to have to take these in to get fixed.