Friday, October 8, 2010

Store Trip Report - Lots of Love for Plum, Static Plum & Lilac Space Dye!

I went to the Newport Beach store today to pick up my repaired items (unraveling hems) and it was hopping! They were quite a few things on markdown or repriced. All the Community Jackets had been repriced to $99. I thought about getting one but still think it's a bit expensive for such a plain, short, boxy jacket. I also don't like that I can't tuck the hood in so I feel a bit like I am wearing a toddler windbreaker. If it hits $50 or so, I'll get one.

Community Jackets have been repriced to $99


 $9 - Score!

The Citron Vinyasa Toques were marked down to $9 so I bought one for my sister who lives in Oregon. There were a ton of Vinyasa toques and arm warmers left. The warm spell we've had here hasn't helped sales. I think SoCal is just too warm for these items anyway.

 3-Packs of Featherlights are now $14

Three-packs of Featherlight socks were marked down to $14 so I got a pack of those, too. I really like the featherlight socks for spinning since my spin shoes are so snug and I can only wear super thin socks. The compression knee socks were also marked down to $9. They also had one random lavender plaid Flight Running Bonnet marked down to $9. I would have gotten it for my sister but I don't know if she a visor-type person.


The store also had the Run: Reflection Pullover marked down but it was only by a small amount. I want to say it was $79 or close to that. I kind of liked it when I tried it on but would only get it if it hit $30 and it was too cheap to pass up.


The Inspire Jackets were all marked down to $118. I tried it on again but don't love it and wouldn't get it unless it goes down to $60 or so.

I saw a senorita Inspire Pullover in my size for $20 off. Run Recharge Tanks and Revitalize Short sleeve shirts were marked down to $39 and $44. I really don't care for silverescent circle mesh so I wouldn't get them unless they hit the low teens. Cobra crops and Astro pants were on sale but only for $20 off or so. There were lots of running shorts on sale and I think the price was around $39-44.

I saw the new colors and I love Plum. It's definitely more of a burgundy wine color and not purplish at all. This is the kind of color that makes dark brunettes look good. The plum Scoop Neck was already sold out in some sizes, including mine. Static Plum and Lilac Space dye are also really nice colors and I had a tough time choosing between Power Ys in those colors. I saw the grey space dye in the 50 Rep bra. I think mixed with the right clothes or used sparingly on a tank it could be very sharp-looking but I don't know if I'd get an entire tank or jacket in Grey Space Dye.

Back to the choice between the Static Plum and Lilac Space Dye Power Ys. I ended up getting the Static Plum Power Y and I had to use my camera phone to help make the decision. There were three reasons I went with the plum even though I think the Lilac Space dye is more eye-catching and unique, although they are both very nice. First, the straps are the same color as the tank. In the Lilac Space Dye Power Y, the straps are much lighter than the tank and seem to fade into my skin. That gave the appearance of the tank looking more like a bustier on me. Since I am larger busted and older, I need the darker straps to kind of draw the eye upward and not focus attention on my no longer so perky bossom. The other reason I didn't get the lilac space dye version is that the pattern has very dark horizontal components and I felt it added width and that I looked "thinner" with the static plum. The third reason, is that I think I can wear the plum with more colors than the lilac space dye - black, gray, or khaki green pants and I think the lilac space dye may go best with black and maybe with coal. Anyway, I really like plum and lilac space dye and look forward to seeing what else comes in these colors.

Static Plum Power Y


Lilac Space Dye Power Y

As for the other new items and colors. The lilac long sleeve swiftly did seem to feel a bit smoother than the other colors but I don't know if it felt any thinner as some have said. It's a light color so it will definitely be more revealing.  Teal Zeal is also a bit greener than Lagoon. I'm not a huge Teal fan so I don't think I'll be getting anything in the color but you never know. Also, the sale person confirmed the leg flare of the Grooves has been changed. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

we got the community jacket for $79 last week at santana row. good to hear they are still marking down stuff. :) can't wait to go this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I sold my Community Jacket a while ago but kind want it back. Maybe if it hits loot at 79. But almost all the 4's are gone, so I may be out of lucky anyway.

RunMama said...

I really liked the static plum Power Y too. I'm not a Power Y gal or I might have picked it up.

Anonymous said...

I went in and bought the lilac space dye power y and 50 rep bra and I am in looooove :)

Anonymous said...

Are there any more dance crops out therrrre!?! I tried on the only size my store had left and it was a 4 and tooooo smallllll.... I would like a 6 or 8 to be most comfortable.....

Sarah said...

I really like the lilac scoop neck with the space dye accent. The plum static is so pretty too. I bought the lilac swiftly and wore it yesterday. IMO it's not too sheer at all. I'd love to see a deep green, wish blue or plum swiftly l/s.

Anonymous said...

LOVE my community Jaccket...well worth full price to me! There been gone from my store for months, of course, it is a little cooler here!

@anon 11:21 I also tried on the size 4 dance crops and they were too tight so I tried on the size 6 and surprisingly they were too loose, I found them to be a very odd fit (at least on me).

Anonymous said...

so...has it (the community jacket) been "repriced" or is it on sale?

anne t said...

Thank you for the sale information. It really helps me make my purchasing decisions online...as do your comments about what "you" would pay for one of the jackets! I never get to see/handle the merchandise before I buy, so I really do appreciate your insight.

LuluAddict said...

The Community Jacket was repriced - it had a white price sticker over the old price. When the items go on sale, they have the purple sale sticker.

Anonymous said...

repricing ticks me off...it's like saying "we've decided the item really wasn't worth what we were asking for it, but if you already bought it....too bad"

LuluAddict said...

@ Anne t - I'm a bit of a cheap-o so I don't know how much you can go by my I'd-buy-it-at-this-price prices. I'm not a huge jacket person in the first place (and I live in Southern California) but I do love the Define jackets, the Wear With All, the Gather Together (from last year), and my remix lulu lights (from last year. I also love the long sleeve Swiftlys and the running luon pullovers (not the Inspire, though).

@ Sarah - A deep green Swiftly would be gorgeous. They haven't had a jewel green since Nori/Kale from 2-3 years ago.

@ anon 11:16 pm- Do you wear the 50 Rep under the Power y?

Anonymous said...

Yes - because they are both lilac and the lilac space dye it doesn't look too bad and is really comfy.... I'm "well endowed" so I take what I can get when it comes to sports bras that fit lol....

LuluAddict said...

Thanks Anon 1:05 pm. I was thinking I might want to try layering the 50 Rep under my Power Ys. The Power Y is ok when I wear it around the house but not nearly enough support for workouts in the gym. Flow Ys don't offer enough support to layer and they've discontinued the 12s in those anyway (for what reason I'd like to know) but the 50-Rep might look cute under it. I'll have to try it next time I go to the store (which could be tomorrow - yay!). I don't think they have a color that goes with the Static Plum yet but I'm sure it's coming. Solid Plum would be pretty. The Boobs on a Wire might look ok, too, if I crossed the straps although who knows if they'll ever make it across the border to the US.

Everyone else - what bras, if any, do you layer under your Power Ys? I saw a woman with what looked simi'ar to a Ta Ta Tamer under Power V when I was at the store on Friday but I prefer to wear racerback bras with racerback style tops.