Sunday, October 24, 2010

Store Trip/Try On Report - Live Simply Tee, Heart Tank, and Sales

I tried on the Live Simply tee today and liked it a lot. Of the three new colors, I liked the heathered wish blue the best. I thought the material was the perfect weight, not as thick as the modern tee but not as thin as the burnout tees. The fit was more curve hugging than the modern. I thought the fit in the wish blue was true to size and a little on the loose side. I liked the tee but for $48 I'd rather get a technical top.

I tried on the Heart Tank in plum and really liked it. This tank only goes to a 10 so it was a size down from my normal size and it fit just a bit snug on me so it might run a little on the large side. I thought the straps were super comfortable and supportive. The girls were not spilling out nor exposing too much cleavage. I would say this top is good for bustier ladies who require moderate support. This fit is curve hugging and flattering. The back is a classic scoop and very cute. All in all, this is a nice tank.


My store did not have the new Cuddle Up jackets but I did end up getting a Plum Scuba hoodie. I am psyched that the Scuba has such a flattering fit and corrects all my dislikes of the Remix.  I went to the Irvine store today and they had a few goodies on sale (thanks, Michelle Q!). I ended up getting an Angle Blue Swiftly tee for $19 (I've never gotten one that cheap before). They had a couple of swiftly tees in Alarming for that price in a 10 and 12. They also had a few Alarming Swiftly tanks in the upper sizes. They also had the Citron and Gray Run Reflection vest for $19 and I got one of those, too. They had that in a few sizes. They had some of the Modern Crewnecks for $19 but only the ugly two-tone ones. They had a few pairs of technithongs for $9. They had a few Wear With Alls for $44 and Inspire jackets for $79 (I think). They had a pair of Lolo Sage Twist pants for $49. They had some Revitalize Tech Short Sleeve shirts and Run Recharge tanks for $19. They also had Static Charcoal Still pants for $39. All in all, it was one of the better markdown racks I've seen in awhile. I went to the Newport Store hoping for more deals but they hardly had any markdowns.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was not a huge fan of the Simply T either...it was just another t-shirt. I found little difference between my TTS and a size down except the size down fit better in the shoulders and was not so loose around the stomach. I found size down fit closer to my Pima T.
I hate hearing about all the sale prices you have ...we NEVER see prices like that in Canada! I would love a pair of stills for $39! Even with the exchange rate and shipping, it would be half the price!

Luvlulu said...

I bought two modern crewnecks this past for week solid black and solid white for $19. It's the best deal I've ever got at Lulu. I do like the Live Simply Tee better but for $19 I couldn't pass them up.

Anonymous said...

Those are insane markdowns!! I never see anything like that where I live...best is maybe 30% off.
That reflection vest was $19???? That goes to show how much it's marked up? $98 to $19..wow. They made it seem like the "reflective material" was uber special or something and that justified the higher prices. This makes me kind of sad.

Anonymous said...

You know, it frustrates me to no end that we folk stranded in the Boonies NEVER get to see these deals. I feel like the full price I pay online carries everyone else's "good deals" in stores. I realize that all stores are different and that Lululemon wouldn't be the ultra-successful company they are today if these deals were everywhere, but once in a while a crazy deal to us online folks would be so awesome. Lululemon if you are listening, please, a few 19$ swiftly tees would make my day! It makes me mad to the point that I don't want to buy it anymore that I never see those awesome deals. Sorry everyone, just had to vent!!!

LuluAddict said...

@anon - They haven't had deals in Loot in a long while. I'm hoping they'll have some great markdowns right before Xmas. I've also had some good luck getting bargains off eBay.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those deals!! You're so lucky!!

Michelle Q said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to make it to the store and that they still had the deals! When I was there on Friday night, they were wiped out of sale bottoms in my sizes, but since the Still pants were folded on top of the display, they had one left of my size so I SCOOPED it up! SO happy - I wanted the Swiftly to work for me, but I tried all different sizes and it wasn't love. It's ok, though, because I still picked up a Swell Jacket (which I loved at full price, but didn't think it was worth it - for $39 I couldn't resist!) and 2 power Y's. The week before, I was able to pick up a technikini for $9 last week at the Newport Store - they had a bunch of undies on sale and I found that one and 3 pairs of another bikini hipster undies that I can't remember the name of right now. I was sooo tempted by the WWA's, especially at the $44 price, but I don't love the way I look in WWA's. I knew that I wanted the price more than I wanted the item, KWIM?