Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Try On Report - Dash LS, Dash Tank, and Cabin LS - Liked Them All!

My store got the Run: Dash LS in in black and Teal Zeal. I really liked the top in general but I couldn't make up my mind whether or not I liked the ruffles in the back. All the educators in the store were wearing the black Dash LS and I thought the ruffles looked very cute on them but whenever I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't decide if it was cute on me or dorky. Since I already have two solid black running luon pullovers I didn't buy the Dash today. The fit was very nice - very fitted and curved hugging. I tried pantomiming running by pumping my arms to see if I noticed the ruffles on the back and if they bugged me. I really couldn't tell there was something back there. I also pressed up against the wall to see if they would bug me if I was laying on the floor wearing this top, but again they weren't noticeable. Where they were noticeable, however, was under my Wear Will All Jacket. I wore my static WWA to the store and when I put the jacket on over the Dash LS I could definitely see the bumps of the ruffles. I also tried a Scuba on over the top to see if the ruffles showed through but the Scuba is so thick you couldn't see anything. The front of the Dash is very plain and the crew neck is not at all open. There is only a little bit of circle mesh under the armpits and four or so inches down the underside of the arm. It was a very warm top and I began to get heated when I was trying it on. This top could easily pass for street wear, the square of reflective material is at the very end of the cuff, very tiny, and could easily be covered up by pushing the sleeves up the arm.

As I was driving home, I was trying to figure out why I didn't immediately buy this top. It came down to available colors and versatility. I already have two solid black tops and the lilac is nice but not a neutral and I am a bit afraid to get lighter colors for potential staining reasons. If this top came in coal, sidewalk, or silver I might have gotten it.  As for versatility, my primary use for running luon tops is for layering for warmth. As far as exercise, I would wear the tops for walking or hiking but running luon is so warm and the climate here in SoCal is so mild I really prefer to have a top that I can zip down or unfasten at the neck to help regulate cooling. As for using the top as a base layer, the ruffles kind of ruin it since they make lumps under thinner jackets. I also would like the top to come up a little higher at the neck to help keep my neck warm.  I would love to have a running luon version of the Run: Sport Henley from last fall, although the neck on that top was a bit too open and my neck and chest got chilled on windy walks.
Run: Sport Henley


Today wasn't a total loss, however, I ended up buying the black/heathered ash Cabin Long Sleeve tee. I know $68 is a lot for a cotton tee but I've paid similar amounts for long sleeve shirts by Lucky and Splendid. The Cabin is very thick, warm, comfortable, and curve hugging. It is pretty long - it went below my crotch and has the decorative stitching around the bottom hem. The neck is a crew neck but it is more open, not quite a boat neck but it might show your Flow Y straps if you want. I really like all the decorative stitching. To me it's what makes the whole shirt.

I also tried on the Dash Tank. If you are looking for a tank that you can wear with a full support bra and/or offers more coverage for chilly studios, this one is for you. I thought it looked really cute on and the contrast seams really helped highlight your curves. The ruffles in back are very cute and I love all the static colors that it comes in. I think I am going to get the new Happy Heat tank but I will also keep my eye on this one.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried on these items as well, and liked them all. I would buy the Dash LS if it comes in another neutral (don't want black) or a color I really love. I'm thinking I'd get it a size up to wear as street wear. My regular size showed a little too much lumpy bumpy.

pilatesmom said...

I think the price of the cabin is pretty good especially since it really is two shirts in one. I love the contrast top stitiching as well. FYI I found the Dash LS to fit very body concious in my regular size and still quite body concious one size up (usually one size up is just plain baggy/loose/sloppy).

LuluAddict said...

@ pilatemom - RE: The Cabin - for once Lululemon got the fit right in their cotton tops. The past few versions have been too loose/tight in the wrong spots and the cabin was nice everywhere on me. The fit of the Cabin reminded me a lot of my older BBB long sleeve racerback shirt. I loved how soft,thick and warm it felt, too.

I agree the Dash LS is very body hugging fit. I think it's fine for a base layer, though. Although, I did try on a long sleeve Swiftly and compare the two and try to figure out why I wouldn't just get another swiftly instead of the dash. I guess it comes down to warmth but in Socal the Swiftly is probably adequate.

ojodeazul said...

@LuluAddict - did you stay TTT in the Cabin LS. I usually have to go down a size in the pima/modern.

pilatesmom said...

@ojodeazul:
stay true to size. I also go down one in the modern but this is really TTS.

LuluAddict said...

The Cabin is very body-skimming. I'd say stay TTS.

RunningOnCoffee said...

Nice try on report, thank you!
The Cabin looks comfy, but if it's long on you, I'm sure it will be long on me as well, as I am a whopping 5'2".

I agree the Dash LS looks unflattering in the middle, I'd want it to lay nicely over the top of my shorts/crops without showing any unwanted bulges.

Dash tank is cool, but having a hard time thinking I'd want a thicker fabric for a warm indoor spinning class. And if wearing outdoor this winter it would be under another top and the ruffles would be wasted.

Anonymous said...

@pilatesmom--did you end up getting your regular size in the dash LS or one size up? Thanks!

LuluAddict said...

@runningoncoffee - The Dash tank is made of light luon but I find that a bit hot for spin although in the winter it might not be that bad.

yogini93 said...

@LuluAddict:

Did the dash tank go up to a 12? I called the GEC today, and they only had up to a 10. Does the dash tank fit as tightly as the LS? Is the neck high on the dash tank?
Thanks!!!

LuluAddict said...

@ yogini93 - The Dash tank and LS both go up to a 12. That is what I tried on today. Try calling the GEC back a few times. The neck is pretty high on the Dash tank - you won't show any cleavage. The Dash tank is looser fitting than the LS, similar to the static CRBs, maybe a little snugger than them, not enough to size down.

Yogini93 said...

@LuluAddict- Thanks for your respone! Would you say the dash tank fits pretty true to size? Would you reccomend sizing up in this tank? I usually order one size up in tanks, as I prefer a looser fit, but the GEC does not have any 12s for some reason. I order a 10, so hopefuly it fits. Thanks for your help!

RunningOnCoffee said...

Lululemon Halifax posts these fabulous videos weekly featuring new items. This one has the Cabin & Dash LS. I wish more stores took the initiative to show off their goods like this! I'm not even in Halifax (or Canada), but I bookmark their page for the real-life pictures (video)

http://vimeo.com/16331090

LuluAddict said...

Thanks, RunningOnCoffee, I'll post it. It's helpful to see the clothes in motion.