Sunday, October 24, 2010

Try On Report - Scuba LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm late to the Scuba love party but in my defense they just arrived in Southern California a little over a week ago. I went to my local stores today with the intent of only checking out the sale racks and newest stuff but I ended up going home with a Plum Scuba.  I am not much of a hoodie person and never liked the Remix even though I though some of the prints and colors were very cute. However, the Scuba corrects all my dislikes about the Remix - it's longer, it's much more fitted, and the material seems less stiff but still thick enough to be warm. I really like that the sides and undersides of the arms are ribbed allowing some give so that the jacket moves with you.  The Remix was so stiff it was like wearing a box and not very comfortable.  The Remix used to hit me right at my hip bones but the Scuba comes down to about my crotch (I'm 5'5"). The Scuba is much more curve hugging than the Remix and a very flattering fit, particularly from the back. My local store had the Scuba in Wish, Black, and Plum. I am hooked now and want to get more. I plan to wear it to watch my kid's soccer and baseball games.

10 comments:

Molly said...

I don't think I've seen anything on your blog about them but I just bought 2 Cabin LS Tees at Santana Row today - they are reversible long sleeve shirts in pima with thumbholes. I was surprised to just see them sitting there when I walked in to pick up some hemmed pants, as I hadn't heard anything about them! Can take a picture of it'd be helpful at all.

Anonymous said...

@ Molly, I would love to see pictures of the Cabin LS tee if you could post them! I've heard some buzz about them, but no one has been posted any pictures yet!

Anonymous said...

@LuluAddict, which store in socal is your go-to store?

Molly said...

I just posted them on the Facebook page!

houndlvr67 said...

Yes...you are late to the Scuba party but WELCOME :-)!!!! For me, it is more like a rave!

Marci said...

I have the same Scuba - I am surprised SoCal just got them - I bought an alarming on in Walnut Creek Ca in the summer when they were in a cool spell.

Luvlulu said...

I love the Scuba. I have Black & Lolo and plan to get the Plum. I think they are all great colors. I love the fit. I only have one remix in bold blue and I'm glad I waited until the scuba came out to purchase more. I love everything about the scuba. (although I could do without the thumbholes).

LuluAddict said...

The Irvine and Newport Beach stores are the closest to me and equally far from my home. If I go to one, I usually go to the other one while I'm out. I usually visit both equally although the Newport is larger and gets a better selection. However, sometimes the Irvine will get different colors/prints than the Newport. I've been doing better sale-wise at the Irvine store, lately, too, though that goes back and forth.

Anonymous said...

The plum scuba is gorgeous. If the plum Awareness Wrap I've got coming doesn't work out I think I might buy the plum scuba, I tried it on and really wanted to take it home!

Michelle Q said...

Yay for Scuba love! My husband brought me one back after a business trip to San Francisco and I LOVE my Scuba! I wore it tonight to Disneyland and it was the perfect jacket. The fit is so nice and it's soooo cuddly!