Monday, November 15, 2010

NEW! Run: Balance Baselayer and Fit Report on Balance Pullover



Run: Balance Baselayer

Product Info:  
-Next-to-skin performance baselayer made of 100% merino wool; natural, renewable and technical
-wool absorbs sweat without feeling damp against your skin perfect for extended winter activity
-Haze, Black, Persimmon

It looks like Lululemon is getting into the performance wool business, trying to compete with Icebreaker and Smartwool. Living in Southern California, I hadn't heard much about those two companies until readers mentioned it in the comments to the post on the new Run: Balance Pullover. I have to say I really like the idea of a natural fiber performance shirt.




Run: Balance Pullover

I tried on the Balance Pullover today and really liked the fit. They only had a 10 and it was a bit snug but I'd say in general this top runs on the larger side. I also like the very simple, yet figure flattering cut. It is 100% wool, there are no circle mesh armpits. I didn't feel particularly overheated (like I do when I put running luon on) when I tried it on the store - it's very breathable. I also tried it on with just my All Sport bra. It didn't feel itchy but I wouldn't say it's a smooth feel like running luon or circle mesh. I'd probably prefer to put a shirt underneath and use the Pullover as an outer layer. If I went to the mountains or skiied more than once a year, I might consider getting this pullover. I might still get it but I would like to try on Icebreaker and Smartwool first. Those company's sole business is performance wool so I'd be more inclined to give them a try first.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Am sure a lot of people will appreciate the Run Base Layer especially those in freezing cold winters. Love the basic look but yet with cute Lulu details. But at $108? Am not too sure but probably because its made of supersoft wool.

Luvlulu said...

What colors did you see in the Balance Pullover? I've been waiting for something simple (like run energy) but didn't necessarily want wool. I think I'll check it out when my store gets it. I hope it comes in black.

Zanna said...

I think the Run Base Layer comes in Wish Blue too.

Zanna said...

I think the Run Base Layer comes in Wish Blue too.

LuluAddict said...

My store had the Balance Pullover in Black and Wish Blue.

Anonymous said...

What was the price of the Balance Pullover?

LuluAddict said...

I've read it's $108 and someone else posted here is $128, so somewhere in that range. I didn't look at the price tag today since they didn't have the right size for me. I'll post as soon as I find out.

Glow said...

Another two things that my store doesn't have yet! I would like to try these; the wool sounds like an intriguing option. I am not crazy about the front stitching lines on the base layer though.