Thursday, November 11, 2010

Random Lulu Thoughts

It looks like today's hot item is the Static Persimmon Dash LS. I was debating ordering this throughout the day but now it's sold out of my size so I don't have to worry about it. (Until it shows up at my local store  :-)  ).

We went to Disneyland today and I spotted Lululemon on a record number of people. One group had to be from Canada - all the females were wearing Lululemon and the little girl had on an Iviva hoodie. It's the first time I've ever seen the Iviva logo in person. The mom had a black Hills Pullover with shorts. It was a good day for the pullover - it was in the upper 60s but very windy. At lunch I spotted a woman who looked like she just came from yoga. She was sporting the all-black Ninja look with a Sun Salutation tank and Groove pants. I also saw a pair of Seek the Peek crops. That is the first time I have ever spotted non-technical pants (i.e., not luon or luxtreme) on someone in the US. The last spotting was also a bit of a surprise - an older gentleman, probably in his upper 50s/early 60s, wearing a black men's running cap. I know I'm a freak to get excited with Lululemon sightings but I see it so infrequently outside the gym.

I finally got to wear my Plum Scuba last night when I went to pick my son up from soccer practice. I used to think people were nuts when they posted on Facebook that they had 18 Remix hoodies in their closet but I now understand their obsession. I love my Plum Scuba. The color is so beautiful and I love the fit of the Scuba. It's such a turn around for me because I really hated the boxy and stiff Remix. Hated. It.

And speaking of my son, I wish Lululemon made stuff for boys like they do for girls with Iviva. I would definitely get my son some running shorts and technical tops to use in his track and soccer practices. I had him try on the men's small but he's a few years away from that size.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Lululemon addict:
I ordered the persimmon dash ls today online. All of the pics you have on this color sold me so thank you! I was looking at the very violet but wanted something different. A tip, I had bought the lilac but returned it because of dye marks on the front and back so beware! They looked like stretch marks.

Anonymous said...

LOL I love how you know the group bearing many lulu logos was from canada... I didn't realize we wore it that much more than you americans!!!

Marci said...

Today was a dangerous day for me. Bought the Dash LS in Perisommon, and the Inspire top in Teal Zeal (I liked it better than the Dash Pullover), and then the Heart Tank in Very Violet/black, and TWO (shame) pairs of dash tights - one in very violet/black, and the other in coal/static coal.... sigh....

Luvlulu said...

I was at Disneyland Sunday-Tuesday this week and wore all Lulu. I wore relaxed fit crops in the day with the live simply tee and at night relaxed fit pants, cabin LS and Lolo Scuba because it was cold and super windy the 2nd night. One day I wore a SS Swifty with a LS Swiftly over the top and it kept me very warm though the day. Now I want to buy two more Long Sleeve Swiftly's (Wish & Very Violet). I saw Still Pants and Still Crops on a couple of people. I always point out Lulu to my husband and I think he never pays attention. I was shocked when we walked by a lady wearing a coal/wee stripe Define jacket and my husband says, "Hey there's a Lulu Jacket!". When I worked out in the hotel gym early in the morning I saw a lady wearing the black/lolo no limit tank and was glad I wasn't wearing mine that day. Someone else had a solid senorita pink Stride Jacket. I wish I had that one.

Anonymous said...

Come to Canada! You will see Lulu worn everywhere, well in my city anyways (don't know about other cities). I also had a dangerous day at the mall today, bought the coal/haze CRB and a black Modern Crewneck Tee (on sale for $29!! I had to get it). This on top of last week’s purchases of coal Relaxed Fit crops and Lolo Purple CRB. Haven't bought so much Lulu in such a short period of time. Yikes I need Lulu rehab. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh and something to note, the Coal/Haze CRB was not priced as an SE. If I didn't see the girl working wearing it I would not have bought it. It looks so good on.

ojodeazul said...

I have been visiting my parents in So Cal this past week for business and pleasure and I ended up buying the v. violet LS Dash and the Per Dash pullover, but I think that I am going to return the per dash pullover and get the LS. For some reason the ipod pocket and the 20 less makes it super appealing to me.

ragazza said...

I got the dash pullover today in static teal zeal in the mail b/c I caved and picked it up from ebay b/c it was cheaper/easier than driving 2 hours to the closest store (only showrooms are closer and honestly, they're wastes of time) and I REALLY like it.

The chest seaming is hardly noticeable in teal and I love the longer length compared to the inspire. I'm slightly concerned that the seam where the ruffle ends may chafe, but not sure.

PS. this top runs VERY large, especially compared to the inspire pullover (which I think runs about a half size small). I'm a pretty solid 10 in lululemon tops (except for luxtreme tanks, where the "chest muscles" bump me up a size), and could have dropped down to an 8.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that everyone is saying the dash pullover runs large! I got mine in the mail today and it's quite snug compared to my inspire in the same size... Maybe they mis-sized or mis-sewed mine! The length is maybe an inch longer but the sleeves are shorter than the inspire! I am returning it, because I decided I like the Inspire better. I think the Dash gives a nicer hour-glass shape to the body, though.