Monday, November 8, 2010

Run: Dash LS - Coming in Static Very Violet & Store Trip Report

I am liking the Dash LS in Static Very Violet a little better than than Static Wish but they are both pretty cute, especially in this photo. I am dying to see these in person.

For those of you who live in the Los Angeles Area -The Dash Pullover is supposed to arrive at the El Segundo store this afternoon. The girl told me they were expecting Static Black, Static Teal Zeal, and Static Lilac. I was there this morning but they didn't have anything new. I ended up getting a Flow Y in Black (for some reason they have a few size 12 Flow Ys left) and a black 50 Rep bra. These are good basic bras that I can layer under my other tanks (and wide neck tops) for when I want additional support but don't feel like wearing an underwire.

After looking at more photos of the Dash Pullover I am leaning towards getting a Dash LS if I can ever get a hold of a color I like or even the Wish Long Sleeve Swiftly tech. Some of the reasons I am re-thinking the Dash: Number one, I don't really need it and it's overkill for what I want to use it for (base layer and warmth when walking or outside attending sporting events), I'm not a fan of the ruffle on the sleeve, the zipper is way too noticeable, and the pocket is not tacked down and will rub like it did in the initial run of the Inspire Pullover. However, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;-)

Update - FWIW - Just called the US GEC to see if they had the Dash LS in plum, static very violet, or static wish blue and they didn't have it yet. She said to call back on Thursday.

8 comments:

Mel said...

I really wanted the Wish Blue Dash but after reading a review on the other blog, now am not sure.

Mel said...

I meant Dash Pullover. The Wish Blue color looks so pretty though.

LuluAddict said...

I think you have to try it on to assess for yourself. As for the reviews, to me the only worrying thing is the un-anchored pocket. If you are near a store, I think it's worth asking if they would tack the pocket down for you if that is what concerns you in the reviews you have read. The second run of the Inspires did have the pocket so maybe to make the sale, the store would finish sewing the pockets in.

Nicole said...

Oh the static very violet is SO pretty. I want the Inspire pullover in it :) A girl can wish!

Anonymous said...

the GEC is so screwy.....i called last week and got the static wish dash ls and it should be here this week. i don't know why they can't get it together and have some continuity in what their stock is. it's truly bizarre. they also said they had the very violet available too, but no plum at that time. i would call again, luluaddict.

i am thinking plum, very violet and wish will all be uploaded this week

Megan said...

I love the v.violet items on the blogs/online (my computer screen is usually pretty reliable) but in the store, the color was truly unflattering on me. Oh well. I love me some wish blue.

Anonymous said...

I totaly agree that the GEC needs to get their sh*t together! I have no idea where the dash tanks are. I got two a couple of weeks ago, and I have been calling for the past two weeks to get a dash tank in static teal zeal and one in wish blue. They don't have them. I sure hope they get uploaded on Thursday!

LuluAddict said...

@anon 5:27 - You are lucky you got a static wish dash ls. I will call again. It's not the first time I've heard the GEC educators are inconsistent.