Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Store Trip Report and Sale Report Plus First Wearing of Heart Tank

I went to a new spin studio and since I was in the area I stopped into the Irvine store. They had the new Live Simply Jacket in Wish and Alpine Pullover in Haze and Black. I tried on the Live Simply jacket and it fits a lot like the Wear With All but it has that harsh metal zipper so I can't say I like it. I hate the metal zippers. Hate.I didn't get to try on the Alpine Pullover since they only had both colors to a size 8 but they looked nice. I think that was about it for the newest stuff. I'll be up in LA tomorrow and am planning on visiting the Manhattan Beach store.

The Irvine store had quite a few things on markdown - Citron (a lot!) and Alarming Define jackets for $74, a bunch of Insight tanks for $39, a few Push UR Limits tanks for $39, a few senorita pink Swiftly LS for $54, a couple of Swiftly short sleeve for $39, and quite a few cotton tee shirts (I think the Modern and another style) for $39. They also had some pants and shorts on sale but I don't remember which exactly. They had a gym bag, Fast in Flight I think, on markdown, too. They also had a lot of men's stuff marked down - I think the Run: Vital LS Tech running luon top for $59, the tech tees (I can't remember which) for $39, a bunch of Essential tees, and a few Revival Sweatshirts (no zipper) for $39.

I wore my new Heart Tank to spin class today and really liked it. Although I usually get a little hot wearing light luon to spin class, the open back of this tank helped keep me cool. I also went to a different spin place, Yoga and Spin (YAS), where they open a big garage door to the outside and it helped keep the room temp down. The Heart tank gave me decent support for spin. I made sure to cinch the straps tightly and put cups in. Even though I bought the tank in a size ten, I was able to use my size 12 cups which worked well. I really like this tank and hope they keep making more of it. It gives good coverage to bustier women (as someone reviewed on the website - both in the front and side boob areas) and the thick straps are super comfortable. I love the open back and think it's a super flattering design. I think 70% of the class was wearing something by Lululemon. I was kind of surprised to see that people use the shopping bags as their gym bag. I wish my regular gym would get new spin bikes. These were much smoother and had big peddles that really support your feet. I thought I had crappy spin shoes but it turns out my gym has crappy peddles that make my feet hurt. If any of you live in Orange County and can recommend a spin studio, let me know. My favorite teacher at my gym is down to one day a week and I am in the mood to try new places.

17 comments:

Cristie said...

Have you tried Laguna Rhythm Spin in Laguna Beach? I haven't tried it yet but I hear it's great. The lululemon in Laguna Beach hosts free spin classes there on Tuesdays at 6pm.

Anonymous said...

Luluaddict - I just realized that you must work for lululemon. You are a big part of creating the hype. It all makes sense to me now....... Must stop looking at your blog to avoid filing for bankruptsy.

LuluAddict said...

I wish I worked for Lululemon - then I would get 60% off. I know what you mean about bankruptcy. I keep charging on different cards and paypal so my husband won't figure out exactly what I'm up to until it's too late. ;-)

LuluAddict said...

@ Christie - Laguna Beach is a bit far for me since up in the Anaheim Hills area but I may check it out. I was just checking out the Bike2theBeat website. They have spin classes that are like a nightclub - with a disco ball and everything. It looks wild.

Anonymous said...

LuluAddict - what did you buy today? I'm dying for the VV Post Run, but alll sold out before I discovered the sneak upload. I called my local (Phoenix) store and the girls claim it doesn't exist. Ahhhh lol. Do you think they will upload more to the website? In the mean time, I am ordering a LS Swiftly in Wish. Love it. - hope it doesn't turn "Pink" like other customers have c/o.

LuluAddict said...

I didn't buy anything from the website today. I think I have bought something like $400+ worth of Lululemon (Flow Y bra, 50 Rep bra, Heart Tank, Static Wish Dash LS, Static Wish CRB, Multi-Poncho Stripe Power y, Still Pants, and 2 mesh headbands) and sports bras (a new Champion Powerback and Donna Karan) this month so I need to chill. All the stuff that was uploaded today was mostly cold weather run stuff and it's been pretty warm here in Southern California (Orange County). I've only been able to wear my Plum scuba once since I got it. I think most Southern Californians can get by during the winter with the running luon pullover layered over a CRB. I don't know why they are sending us the Outward Bound pant. However, if the Plum Dash LS ever shows up, I am definitely getting that.

Anonymous said...

LuluAddict - I hear ya. I'm from Phoenix, and I'm sooo tempted to buy the Outward Bound Pant... But I probably can only use them once this year.. and that's why I go to visit my family in Pittsburgh, PA.

Anonymous said...

Geesh, I meant WHEN I visit my family in Pittsburgh.....

Breianna said...

I am excited about the cold weather running stuff that has been uploaded. I'm going to head to the store tomorrow to try on the outward bound pant and alpine tights so I can let my husband know which one I want for Christmas. That and I can't believe I have no pullover. I'm going to grab one of those while I'm there.

Cristie said...

I wonder what the real reason why they did the upload on Wednesday instead of Thursday is... I bet it has to do with their sales numbers or overload of orders at the warehouse. I wonder if they will at least replenish some of the sizes tomorrow morning. I can only imagine all of the posts on facebook from people saying "where's the upload? It's Thursday".

houndlvr67 said...

I want to see the Heart Tank come out in coal with the "roses" print on the bust-would be almost retro Lulu...in a good way!

chelsea said...

luluaddict - i do the exact same thing....just spread the pain over several cards so i am not paying everything at once.

it's cold here in pittsburgh for sure so the winter run gear is definitely appreciated at this point. i have been freezing my booty off during my morning runs.

i think more colors are coming in all of these styles. it's just the beginning of the holiday season. but you never know with lulu. always keep you guessing.

chelsea said...

luluaddict - i do the exact same thing....just spread the pain over several cards so i am not paying everything at once.

it's cold here in pittsburgh for sure so the winter run gear is definitely appreciated at this point. i have been freezing my booty off during my morning runs.

i think more colors are coming in all of these styles. it's just the beginning of the holiday season. but you never know with lulu. always keep you guessing.

Michelle Q said...

Thanks SO much for the shopping trip report! I'll have to try and head to the Irvine store soon. I've been on the hunt for shorts, so maybe I will give them a call and ask what they have on markdown. I appreciate the report!

I actually purchased a groupon to try out Bike2theBeat and went for the first time on Sunday. It's definitely different than my regular spin class at the gym. Since I've only been to one class I can't definitively say I like it or not, but I have 4 classes (plus 4 buddy passes - would you like one?) with the groupon, so I'll be going again. Just to warn you, it's LOUD in there. I think I will bring earplugs next time. Also, I went to the Level 1 class and apparently there is a rookie class where the show you all the "moves". I'm not new to spin, been doing it for years, but I have to say that I didn't understand everything the instructor was doing. You're out of the seat the whole time which is fine, but I certainly didn't get all the "moves". I will say, though, that my lats and obliques were sore the next day (as well as my deltoids), so we were doing something in there that was different from my regular spin class.

LuluAddict said...

@ Chelsea - I spread my Lulu charging around because my husband downloads credit card info nearly daily. We have one main one, a few joint, and a couple that are mine alone. He doesn't check mine nearly as often as the main one so I don't have to hear the carping nearly as much. I also pay cash for lulu and that way delay the nagging even more. ;-)

@Michelle Q - I just joined the Bike2theBeat Facebook group today and saw they had the Groupon last week - drats! Thank you so much (!!) for the buddy pass offer but you should use it for yourself. I bought a 5 class package from YAS and I'm not sure when I'll be able to fit those in. My kids are off all next week and then they get 3 (!) weeks at Christmas. I don't think I'll be able to visit Bike2theBeat until January-ish but it will give me something to look forward to. Did you watch the video on the website? I saw them doing some of the moves. I know one of my old spin teachers used to have us do upper body moves like that. How long are the classes? 60 min? Today's YAS class was 40 but there was really no warm up or cool down. It was pretty much sit on the bike and start sprinting. At the end she had us stretch out while sitting on the saddle by putting our feet up on the handle bars. I almost fell off my bike when I was doing my left leg. ;-) She was ok, but I'm going to try another teacher at YAS.

Michelle Q said...

Thanks for the tip about the video on the Bike2theBeat website! I have to admit that I've stayed away from the website since the flashing lights and music are near-seizure-inducing, but I wish I would have viewed the vid before my first class. The class is 60 minutes, with a short warm up but a longer cool-down (basically, a long jog). They stretch in the saddle as well.

I hear you on the time crunch! My kids have a bunch of furlough days so they are off a LOT in the next month and a half. Between that and work, I barely fit in all the workouts I've purchased through groupon - but like the sucker I am to lulu, I'm a sucker to fitness through groupon! :P

Megan said...

FWIW, the outward bound pants are REALLY warm. I'm in the mid-atlantic area, and even in the morning/evening when it's in the low 50s, the pants really heat up. I think the temps need to be in the 40s for these pants to be their best for me.