Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Store Trip Report - Candlelight Tank and Liberty Tee


I tried on the Multi State of Mind Candlelight Tank today and loved it. This is such a cute tank, especially from the back. The organic cotton feels a bit lighter compared to previous organic tanks I've bought. I didn't leave the store with this, as much as I wanted to. The support is very light and I hate to put another bra under it because that would ruin the look in the back. If you are larger busted, it does offer decent coverage - it doesn't show a lot of cleavage and comes up high in the armpit. My issue with this tank was that my girls looked a bit droopy with the low support. If that isn't an issue with you, then go ahead and get this tank. I may change my mind but I really, really liked this tank. If you are at all thinking of trying this tank, I urge you to order it and try it. It's very flattering. Even if you don't like it for a workout, it will be great for summer streetwear. The logo is down near the bottom hem and with the crazy pattern people won't be able to tell you are wearing workout wear. Hmmm, now that I am writing about it, maybe I will go back and order one.

I also tried on the new Liberty Tee. It only goes up to a 10 but I thought it fit fine. I think this is one that you could safely size down in. It's very cute and if it came in a long sleeve version I would have bought it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you've changed your mind on the Candlelight Tank! Last week after the surprise upload, this only showed up on the Canadian side, and you said Canadians could keep it because it was so ugly! Anyway, I can't wait to receive mine. I just hope I get a nice orientation of splatters.

Anonymous said...

Is the candle light tank one of those ones where you want to size down to get more support, but then it's too tight in the torso? Looks that way, from all the photos. :(

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 4:07 pm - The style of the tank is very classic and the print is better in person. It definitely helps to get a good orientation of splatters.

@ anon 6:13 - I don't know if sizing down would give more support - the straps are thin and cotton so they give a lot. Also, if you size down you might get a back-fat effect with the straps in the back.

Melissa said...

Boo the Liberty Tee doesnt come in a size 2. I tried the 4 at my local store and it was too big. :(

Anonymous said...

literally every single female educator at my store was wearing a liberty Tee today! They all looked fab, and they were almost sold out already! I think this is last year's version of the "Batwing Tee"...which didn't start selling until everyone saw it on educators, and then it sold out so quickly that I missed it by the time I went back.

Glow said...

I just purchased that Candelight tank today! There were very few left, even though they just got them in this week. I got the last one in my size, and I must say, I didn't get the best orientation of splatters in terms of color. There was a lot of an odd brown (that looked almost like coffee stains), and not as much of the nice pink, green, or blue. I was almost not going to bother trying it on, but for some reason it looked really nice when I was wearing it, just not as much on the hanger. I would be wary to order this online if you're picky about the splatters. In any case, I still like it, but I will check one of the other Lulu locations in my city and exchange it if possible (but it's unlikely, since I visited the least busy location, and the others are probably sold out by now). Anyway, the tank was TTS for me, and though I was initially concerned about not wearing an extra bra under the top, when I asked for built in cups it looked and felt good, with surprisingly enough support (I am not overly busty, but with some other tops I don't feel supported enough without an additional bra). My store didn't get the Liberty tee yet, though!

Anonymous said...

I guess the Canadians can't keep it now?

Succulent said...

The Liberty Tee is awesome, great fit, good idea to size down. I bought the coal color and wear it with a black long sleeve tee underneath for now when it's colder out and have received numerous compliments.