Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fit Reports : Inner Awareness Tank & Wish Poncho Stripe Scuba

I got my Inner Awareness Tank. I don't know why I ordered the Power Purple version because I have a Power Purple CRB and the two look pretty similar on. I thought the tank is very comfortable - the straps are wide and comfortable. To me, the tank fit similar to a CRB - loose through the middle and very long. It seemed longer than a CRB when I tried it on but I think I was stretching out the straps too much. When I laid the Inner Awareness on top of a CRB, the CRB was a touch longer in the front. I am wondering if the weave of the luon light has changed because the material in the Inner Awareness seems softer and stretchier than the material in my Power Purple CRB. I really like the feel of new luon light and I am thinking the extra stretchiness is what is making the tank seem longer. This tank is super comfortable and I would consider it low support for larger chested women. The front of the neckline will pop open a little bit if you do a pectoral press type maneuver. A Flow Y bra fits perfectly under it and you won't see it at all or feel overly constricted with two bras. I like this tank a lot but I have a ton of tanks and I can live without it unless it comes out in more colors that I don't already have. The original version in the Awareness tank was made of circle mesh. If this tank was made of circle mesh I would probably keep it since I find that material great for spin class but luon light is too hot for spin class for me. I will keep an eye for this tank to hit the markdown rack.

I also got my Wish Poncho Stripe Scuba. It fits the same as my Plum Scuba and I really like it. The inside is Wish Blue, too. I think the stripes are a very different look and I like that the side panels are a dark color. I think it gives a slimming effect to the jacket. It looks nice with jeans. The pattern has black in it too so you can wear it with black bottoms. It will be a keeper for me.

17 comments:

Mel said...

I wanted the Inner Awareness Tank at first but I think I will hold out for a different tank or colors. Definitely will get it its made in circle mesh. Hope the CRB in Circle Mesh comes out in more colors soon!

Anonymous said...

Just got the run resolution skirt. Its very cute !Haven't seen it on any of the PNs yet tho!

Anonymous said...

I am tempted to order a wish blue scuba hoodie. the model's headlights are showing on the purple awareness tank.. more poor editing on the website...

Anonymous said...

"the model's headlights are showing on the purple awareness tank"

So what? Real women have headlights - they show someitmes - what's the big deal? I think lulu as a brand is more about being real and in the moment than about being "picture perfect" so all the picky stuff about the models is really kind of petty.
(JMHO)

Anonymous said...

ANON 8:32 Don't fool yourself, Lululemon is about making money. That's it.

Anonymous said...

ANON 8:54 - who says they can`t do both? One does not automatically exclude the other.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the reviews luluaddict! I think i am going to wait out that tank as well.

Anonymous said...

@ anon 8:32 I don't want to wear clothes that show my headlights.... period... Maybe you are more showy.... JMHO

Anonymous said...

and furthermore, if lululemon wants to be more real, show an ugly model, or a model that is a size 10. They can't work by a double standard that is convenient only when they screw up....

Anonymous said...

To those of you arguing over the model's "headlights"....the lack of photoshopping just shows that this is a real, athletic woman wearing the clothes - just like most of us go buy them. And yes, we do know that she is athletic, because she is an Ambassador. She is REAL. Have we really gotten so numb to advertising that we can't appreciate a picture of a REAL woman? Seriously?

And if you don't want to wear a tank that shows your "headlights," then put cups in or don't buy the tank. But assuming that this top is going to show everyone's "headlights" is an inappropriate assumption anyway. It's not the TANK that's making her nipply, it's likely the temperature in the room. And any REAL woman knows that, and lulu knows that their customers (most of them, anyway) won't be turned off of an athletic tank with a bulky-in bra just because the woman modeling it is a tid bit nipply. Grow up.

Anonymous said...

*built-in bra.

damn iPhone, changing my words around!!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you grow up, its my opinion that it is not classy to show headlights, and if you want to show your nipples to the world... go for it. I don't, don't expect everyone to be as liberal as you.

momof5 said...

I think the fabric and cut of some of the tops make them more or less opaque - I personally don't want a top that makes your nipples visible -- chilly room or not- -- Hard sweaty workouts can cause the same effect -- and I do not like the look (JMHO)

Furthermore, to think that lululemon is all about real models with open wounds, visible nipples, dirty feet and nails is assinine. If this were true they would include clothes for larger women. Also, most athletes don't have to have bolt on breasts. ( I believe their model requirements were 34DD, not very realistic) It is sloppy editing pure and simple.

Lululemon is all about the bottom line -- hence the clothes being made in third world countries(Isreal vs Sri Lanka) and experimenting with different fabric blends (Luon, swiftly, fleece) and slowly feeling the market out for raising prices on core products (138 Scubas, 78 tanks)

Also --The fact that some tops are "showy" should accentuate the fact that inserts should be included on all tanks with built in bras, you shouldn't have to call to get them -- and to use the environmentally friendly excuse is lame. Its all about cost control.

That being said -- I love most of their clothes -- but don't drink the KoolAid

ChiRunner said...

@momof5 - Well said!

LuluAddict said...

I've seen headlights on quite a few of the educator-modeled photos of the Inner Awareness tank so this tank is especially prone to it. I think they've changed the weave of luon light and they have a lightweight shelf bra so the layers of fabric aren't helping you out in this tank. You'll need to wear the cups or another bra under this tank if you are worried about visible nips.

Kathy said...

What size did you get the scuba? Was it TTS?

LuluAddict said...

@ Kathy - I got a 12. I thought it was TTS but fit loose through the shoulders/upper chest. However, I have smaller shoulders.