Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Price On Challenge / Silver Luon Items Dropped - Yay!

The price on the Challenge Tank has been dropped to $58 from $78 (the price has also been dropped for the Foundation Tank). Hmmm. I don't know if I will get one, though. I did find the design very comfortable and supportive but it's in black which isn't one of my favorite colors for tanks. I also thought the fabric felt very thick so I am worried I would feel too hot in this tank but I am curious to try the new fabric. This is also a style that looks good on women with larger busts.



The price of the Challenge Jacket has also been dropped to a more reasonable $128 from $158. I find the idea of the non-stink Silver Luon a more appealing idea in a jacket than a tank since I wear the same jacket more often between washings. I only use my jackets as a to and fro but I often put my jacket on after a sweaty workout so it tends to absorb a lot of sweat. However, I want to prolong my jacket's life so I tend to not wash them as often as the tanks/bottoms (I know, eww). For me a silver luon jacket makes a lot of sense. It's too bad the first offering is a style I don't care for. I think I would be very interested in a Silver Luon version of a Define Jacket.

7 comments:

momof5 said...

I totally agree -- a jacket I would get in a heartbeat if it was a better design -- the define would be awesome in this fabric --

I saw the markdown and was totally contemplating justifying ordering one -- but thought the same thing - the tank just looks so darn thick -- and the other just looks too plain and not very supportive (even for us smaller busted chicks) --OT -- I wonder why they didnt mark down the bra at all -- that is still 58 -- kinda strange same price for a tank and a bra

On serious markdown I might grab the jacket - but I don't like the short back

RunMama said...

I tried on the Challenge Pants and really liked them. I wish they would have dropped the price on those too. I am waiting to hear if there are reports of fuzzing and pilling with this fabric though.

LuluAddict said...

@momof5 - The Foundation tank is pretty from the back but it's weird in the bust and under arm area. It doesn't come up high enough or the proportions are off or something. I thought it looked awful on me and it doesn't do much for the web model, either. The short back on the jacket just kills me. It ends at the waist. You are right about the bra and shorts prices, too. They should be lowered. For their new premium priced line, the design effort was rather sub-par. However, I do look forward to seeing new jackets in the silver luon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would buy a Black Define made out of silver luon in a heartbeat!! I want to buy a Define.. now i'm thinking I'll hold out for the Silver Define they probably will make after they read this ;-)

ChiRunner said...

Even at the lower prices, the silver luon line is a pass for me. The designs aren't particularly exciting and I just don't see paying more for a feature I don't need. If I wear it, work out in it, and sweat in it, I'm going to wash it before wearing it again - even if it's silverescent. And I would guess that's true for a lot of women.

Anonymous said...

Unrelated---the models on the men's side of the website are hunky! You can see their faces on some of the tops :D

Glow said...

Agreed, about anti-stink being a good jacket option. I will definitely be trying the Challenge Jacket on now that the price has been lowered!