Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Today's Shopping Trip and Photos of the Newest Microstripe Stuff


Today I went shopping to try on the new black microstripe CRB and see if the store had the new Ambition and Resolution Pullovers. The store didn't have the new pullovers but they had the new microstripe CRB, Power Y, and Scoop Neck tanks in addition to the Sailor Stripe jackets. I didn't like the black microstripe CRB on me as much as I thought I would. This summer I bought three tanks in the heathered coal wee stripe pattern so I thought I would love the black microstripe a lot, too, but thankfully for my wallet that wasn't the case. I might have liked it more if it had been edged in black. Also, the luon light in the microstripe felt thicker and stiffer than regular light luon and definitely not as soft as the heathered power purple mutistripe version. I find the CRBs a bit warm to work out in normally so having a heavier version won't work for me.The CRB also felt a tiny bit snugger than a normal solid colored CRB. I think the weave may not be as stretchy as regular light luon. I also tried on the microstripe Power Y which I liked better on me but I didn't feel the lust to own it so I was able to resist. I see from my product alerts that there is also a new black microstripe Push UR Limits but I didn't see it. I saw the new Sailor Stripe Define jacket but all the zippers are that small toothed shiny silver zipper so I didn't try it on. I think the pattern is a bit overwhelming for me anyway. Like many of you have reported, the sales girls told me they will have all the new colors on December 26th so I'll go back then to see the new pullovers.

I am liking this Push UR Limits


Black Microstripe Power Y


I wish the store had this to try on.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was able to purchase the Hustle tank in static snorkel blue! My store had all the items you mentioned as well as the push ur limit in black/microstripe and wu's in microstripe as well. Also, they had a few items in passion and static passion. I wonder if the manifesto cuddle up truly exists? I would buy that in a second!

Anonymous said...

i;ole the sounds of the manifesto cuddle up...i wonder what the color will be, is it black?

Anonymous said...

I tried on the black microstripe CRB today as well. I agree that it didn't seem as soft as the lilac micro stripe (which seemed particularly soft) and that it seemed stiffer and snugger than regular CRBs. Once on, it just looked like "another grey CRB" so that was easy to pass on.

ChiRunner said...

I thought I would like the black microstripe CRB too and ended up passing on it once I saw it. I didn't love the feel of the fabric and there was something about the tiny stripes that made the fabric look almost like denim to me. Maybe if the stripes has been a little wider? I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I saw a woman in my gym wear the black sailor stripe power y today. I love when I see people wearing brand new things that are just arriving in stores.

Glow said...

My store didn't have the new pullovers either! I was disappointed.

Anonymous said...

If the stores are all holding things back until the 26th, do you think there will be an online upload then too? Does anyone know what they have done in the past?

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 8:58 pm - If you look through my archives for last December/Christmas you'll see Lululemon made a big Loot (with some great deals) upload on the 25th and then added some more bargains on January 15th. I wrote that I went shopping on December 26th and there weren't that many markdowns in the stores. However, my local stores have some fairly hefty inventory in tanks so I am hoping there will be some good markdowns after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Excited to hear of more hustle tank colors.
I ordered the black static one and although I love the fit of the tank, the color wasn't doing it to me. The black static looked like it had a hint of brown when you looked up close!

hann said...

This is so off topic, but does anyone know where I could find a No Limits tank. I have been trying to hunt one down forever.

hann said...

This is so off topic, but does anyone know where I could find a No Limits tank. I have been trying to hunt one down forever.

LuluAddict said...

@hann - Your best bet is eBay and the Lululemon Exchange Facebook page.

hann said...

Thanks so much they are such a flattering and comfy tank and the stores ran out so fast. I don't live super close to a Lulu so I didn't grab one in time. Love this website you have all the insider info!

Anonymous said...

The sailor stripe power y is online on the US side. I just ordered one! :)