Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today's Shopping Trip - Try On Report & Sale Report



I tried on the Hustle Tank today. I tried both the white and the static black version. I liked the white better, probably because it was slightly longer and you couldn't see the seams in the front - especially the one diagonal one over the hips. That seam doesn't do your shape any favors. The material of the white is very soft and stretchy. It seemed like the ruffles on the bottom were weighting the tank down and stretching the top out in the white version. This wasn't the case in the static versions. The white is also quite see through. I have a dark beauty mark on my belly that I could see pretty clearly through the material. If you get the white tank, make sure to wear a bra with some padding or opaque material. If you like this tank, I suggest you try walking around with it or doing some moves with it. As I went to the racks to get another color I could feel the ruffles on the back moving around and it seemed like this would bug me if I was doing some sort of repetitive motion. All in all, I'm just not a fan of this tank although I liked the soft white light luon material a lot.

I also finally got to see the mini Rucksack. It's cute but I thought it was a bit juvenile looking for me. If you have tween/teen daughters, it would be a good gift for them. I think it's a bit small to carry all the stuff I typically like to have with me. It's very puffy so the contents will be well padded.

I went to the stores today hoping to see the Inner Awareness tanks. I was out of luck. I know they are in Seattle so I'm sure they'll be showing up here soon. I saw the new Luluacquard Scuba hoodies but I'm not that big a fan of the nordic-looking knit inserts. However, there were some noteworthy markdowns. The Newport Beach store had quite a few Fast In Flight bags marked down to $69. The Teal Zeal, Very Violet, and Black Ombre Plaid were on markdown. The Irvine store had quite a few tanks marked down to $39 - the Dash tanks, the lilac/casis Heart Tanks, the lilac/casis Push UR Limits, and the lilac/casis and white Centered Pose Tanks. Both stores had more things marked down like various shorts and pants - Tadasana pants, etc. but I can't remember it all. It's worth your time to visit the Irvine store to see what they have. They had quite a few things in the lower sizes, too.

I forgot the most interesting markdown - the Irvine store had the Balance Pullovers marked down to something like $89. They just had a couple of the blue and black (and not my size).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My store in Canada had those fast in flight bags marked down to $69 a few weeks ago. I went with a bon voyage duffel at $79 and am super happy!
Has anyone ever spotted a pair of all black groovy run shorts on sale? I really want a pair and think I'll have to take the splurge and buy them full price though I don't want to... (I have others so I don't need them, but I want)

ojodeazul said...

I wish our store had good sales, nothing really exciting to report except some rock out pants.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that the all black groovy shorts hardly ever goes on sale.

LuluAddict said...

It's hard to get any solid black bottoms on sale.

Anonymous said...

i visited my local lulu here in san francisco and they already had the inner awareness tank out in the 3 colors. i tried on the power purple (i believe it goes from 4-12 in sizes, maybe 10 can't remember exactly). i was soo excited to try it on. but when i looked in the mirror i was sooo disappointed, i wanted to love this tank so much. the 4 was just too big on me, and yes it is very long and i am petite (almost 5'2"). the straps are not like the push ur limits tanks they are elastic i wanna say...no support what so ever...and i'm only a 34B! this just didnt work for me bc it was too long, non supportive, and even with the inserts the girls looked sorta funny and not flattering ;o(

LuluAddict said...

@Anon 10:04 - Thanks for your review. Did you think the tank fit large overall? I remember the Awareness tank straps being super stretchy and not much support. It's the same material they used in the waistbands of some of their shorts. I plan on wearing another bra under it - most of Lululemon's built in bras really don't hold me down enough - and using this tank as a shell.

I just ordered mine and should have it by Saturday. I'll give a fit review of it then and let you know if I am keeping it.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I desperately want the Balance Pullover, but don't want to pay $128 for it. Has anyone seen this pullover on sale in any of the Canadian stores??? Please let me know!

Speaking of sales- the Halifax store has a few things on sale for anyone in this area, though the sale rack was looking a little picked over when I was there. They have the Tadasana tank for $29, Happy Heat tanks in plum and teal for $39 (kicking myself for not getting one!), tadasana jackets for $79, power pose crops for $69, crew-neck tees for $34.. and that's all I can remember..

Anonymous said...

the burlingame store had the tadasana jackets on sale for $49 several weeks ago. same for the berkeley store. and the really bright yellow/green bon voyage duffel has been spotted at several bay area stores for $59. very low in stock though. i was also lucky enough to pick up the multi state of mind heart tank for $39 in santana row.