Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tonight's Shopping Trip - Liking the new SE Ruffled CRB & Black Microstripe Push UR Limits

Tonight we took a family trip down to Carlsbad and I visited the Lululemon there. I tried on the new special edition large ruffle CRB. I really liked it. I thought it looked very cute from the back and made my waist look thinner. The ruffles also shift the focus up and off your behind. The ruffles don't cover the full width of your back, i.e.,go all the way to the side seam, so you can't see them from the front. Also, they form an inverted triangle so the bottom row of  ruffles is wider than the top row. I thought this CRB fit a little snugger than a regular CRB. It was also a good inch to inch and a half shorter than a regular CRB and it hit me in a similar spot to the web model photo above (I'm 5' 5"). The power mesh ruffles are very lightweight so you don't really notice them too much as you move, unlike in the Hustle tank where you feel the weight and movement of the ruffles. All in all this is a very cute, unique workout top and I was very tempted to get it. However, I find the CRBs a bit too warm for spin class and I just didn't think I would wear this very much to the gym. I think it would make a cute top for street wear except it has the big ole logo in the middle of the shoulder blades and I'd prefer a subtler logo for clothes I wear outside the gym. I wouldn't mind if it had the logo down near the hem or under the arm like on some of the dance tops. If you do Zumba class or a similar workout I think this top would be great.




I ended up buying the new black with black microstripe Push UR Limits which I know I will get a lot of use out of. I am a sucker for tanks with a black and white scheme and this gives me the camouflage of a black top but the striped straps prevent it from being a total ninja look.  I didn't see either of these tops at the Irvine store today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything good on the sale racks in Carlsbad? I was thinking of heading there and the LJ store tomorrow...worth it?

LuluAddict said...

It had a few different things so it may be worth your time. I had my hands on a Swiftly tech tee in River Rock / Dark Classic Sport Gray for $44 but I decided I had one in Angel and Lagoon and didn't need it after all. They had some extra bras on markdown, too.

They also had the new Candlelight print tanks - the water wall & the coal print.

Anonymous said...

great, thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I'm heading to Legoland on Tuesday and was going to check out the Carlsbad store. Thanks for the info. Now if I can get the hubby to stay with the kids and let me run out to Lulu and the outlets, I'd be a happy camper;)

momof5 said...

UGH -- I am so jealous -- we are stuck in a blizzard, no getting out and about - I picked up a few things on loot online but that is it -- I grabbed hubby a formula jacket for 29 -- the mens side gets the deals! -- he got an elevation for 99 for Xmas too (came in handy in the blizzard)

@luluaddict -- did you notice the Canadian side had the Boobs on a Wire on loot --


Has anyone seen the new striped hoodies in person -- i love the look of them online -- but not sure about it --I am stalking the passion one

RunMama said...

At my lulu the men's Elevation jackets were $79. Saw the Formula Jackets for 29 too but only in bright red, not something my husband would wear. What a great deal though.

momof5 said...

@runmama-- I got the grey formula online for 29 -- my hubby is so picky with his colors too--