Friday, January 28, 2011

Comparison of Rubber Ducky, Citron, Chirp, and Mac N Cheese Yellow

It's hard to tell from this photo but the Rubber Ducky Push UR Limits is very bright. Someone said it reminded them of Peeps Easter Candy and they weren't far off. I think this picture mutes the color quite a bit. It's not neon but it's super bright. I was hoping for more of a buttery yellow about the same depth of color as Chirp. Needless to say, I will be returning this tank. The luxtreme is very see through in this color and I can see the birthmark on my tummy through the material. I don't recall the Rubbery Ducky CRB being this bright but sometimes luxtreme can brighten a color and light luon can tone it down a bit.

Anyway, in the photo above I have laid a Citron Mesh headband (lower left) on top of the Push. As you can Citron is paler and greener than Rubber Ducky. The other headband is a Chirp Jazz Headband. The Flow Y is Macc N Cheese Yellow.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome photo! Yeah RD looks sheer on the model. I love mac and cheese and hope they bring a similar color back for summer. Chirp was nice too.

Laura said...

Nice! Where does Faded Zap fall into this? I have a Citron Flow & Go which I LOVE, and FZ seems very similar to that...

LuluAddict said...

I'm pretty sure Faded Zap is a paler version of Citron. I don't think I have any clothes in Faded Zap but I will check.

Kate said...

I was looking at the rubber ducky push VS the CRB last night, it is much more muted and a nicer colour in the CRB. I can't wear either colour so I never even thought to try them on. Both are very bright and would look great on a tan skin tone.

LuluAddict said...

@ Kate - I thought that too - that people with a darker skin tone or a tan will look really pretty in Rubber Ducky. I like it with my hair but not against my skin. I wouldn't mind it as an accent color in a tank or jacket. Or, maybe even in a jacket where it just shows against my hair.

Anonymous said...

I love yellows, but was not a fan of Rubber Ducky. I was also hoping for a yellow close to chirp :(

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these color comparisons...color is so fun! and plowing through lulu, even funner ;)

Lulupetite said...

Folks, be warned: faded zap is full-on flourescent neon yellow! FZ is a much more intense, saturated color than citron. The two are similar for sure, but citron is lighter, softer, doesn't cause your eyes to vibrate as much. Just returned a faded zap push because man, that sucker was bright!