Saturday, January 8, 2011

Is the Print Drought Over? Also, Concord Grape vs. Majestic.

Two prints in a row from Lululemon. Is the print drought over? We can only hope.  The educator I was talking to today seemed to think the new Unicorn's Tears print we've spotted in the underwear will also be used in tanks so maybe the drought is over. I don't think these newest prints are as pretty as some we've seen in the past but I don't think these are necessarily that bad. I like prints because they are fun, they camouflage perspiration stains, headlights, and poochy mommy tummies.

Unicorn Tears Print in the Hotshort



Some people were speculating that the new Concord Grape color was similar to Majestic. I laid my new Ikat CRB on top of a pair of Lolo/Power Purple Groove shorts and my Majestic CRB. Majestic, on the right side, is the bluer, dark purple. From the little bits in the Ikat print, I think Concord Grape looks more similar to Lolo Purple but we'll have to see what an entire top in Concord Grape looks like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for that comparison...I have a lolo purple bra and I was hoping it would look nice under my CRB!

Anonymous said...

that's what i thought....said it when i first saw it.

Anonymous said...

I love the new prints. I hope they release some new scubas in prints beyond stripes.

Anonymous said...

The Chadstone store's facebook page has a picture of the ikat/concord grape scoopneck.

Addict Shorts said...

Very helpful in choosing which brand! Thanks

Kathy said...

Did you get the ikat CRB in the same size as your other plain CRB?