Sunday, January 30, 2011

Purple Crush Scoop Neck Tank - Try On Review

I think the purple crush Scoop Neck is one of the prettiest Scoop Necks to come out in awhile. I love the darker accent seaming. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for versions that come with darker seaming because it really seemed to flatter my shape much more than a regular Scoop Neck. I'm not normally a huge Scoop Neck fan, they just don't do much for me, with the exception of this tank. The heathered purple crush luon was very soft (felt like thick running luon or brushed luon) and has a good deal of polyester content, something like 46%. However, the luon felt kind of thick and hot so I ended up not getting it. I am getting back into weight lifting and doing other cardio besides spin so I can wear my "warmer" regular weight luon items in the cooler big open area of my gym but the this tank felt even warmer than regular weight luon. If this hit the markdown rack in my size, I might get one but I passed on it today. I really like it though. Every person I have a photo of wearing it looks super cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LuluAddict, I completely agree with you about the scoop neck tank. Usually, I am not impressed with it, but this color combo was an exception. I walked away with it. It may be the only scoop neck I ever buy because I am not a fan of the big contrasting neck with the bottom of the tank, so that's probably why this tank appealed to me. The colors are the same on top and bottom.

Really ready for LuLu to come out with an emerald green or a cantaloupe orange! Enough with the purples/blues! Also, those static accents gotta go.

momof5 said...

I am on the fence with it too - I like it paired with the coal/pc speed shorts -- but wonder if it will be too hot when it is warm enough to wear shorts-- I ordered the aruba black one because i like the dark contrast neck and figured it would go with a lot of bottoms -- especially the black speed skirt -- but I keep toying with getting this one

Anonymous said...

I happened to be at Costco yesterday because I needed to pick up a bag of quinoa, and I stopped at the athletic apparel section to check out the stock. (I'm the one who commented in the other post about having an older pair from Costco but the recent ones not feeling/fitting the same)

I didn't see any jackets with cuffins and haven't yet around Toronto. They did have some with thumbholes but they didn't look right.

They did have a bunch of tanks that looked just like scoop necks in black, static red, static blue and a two-tone purple very similar to the one in your picture. The fabric didn't feel the same and there is no spot for cups so I would have had to wear a bra under it, but cute for casual wear at $13. I didn't get it but it was very similar looking...

Glow said...

I bought this one! The static luon is so slimming. :)

chicfille said...

I absolutely love this tank for running. I have the coral/grey marled combo and i could not be happier.

Agree with the color scheme- I want some hot pinks. I don't mean magenta.