Friday, January 14, 2011

Store Trip & Markdown Rack Report & Upcoming Items

I was having Lululemon withdrawal symptoms because I hadn't been to a store in something like a week so I made a trip this morning to both the Newport and Irvine stores to see what was new. There wasn't anything that we haven't already seen on line or posted on Facebook but I got to see some of the latest things in person. I got to see the new CRBs and compare them to older colors. Purple Crush is in the same color family as Very Violet except a shade lighter. I really liked it. I held a Concord Grape CRB up to an older pair of Groove pants with Lolo Purple in the band and the colors are very close. If you already have a Lolo CRB you definitely don't need to get the Concord Grape. You might even get away with pairing the two colors together if you have a Lolo Jacket.

I tried on the Quilted Ray Groove crops. I like them but I was reminded why people have said the double banded version (where both bands at the top is a color) is better.  Although, looking at the photo below, the colored part is the same as the double banded width but there is an extra horizontal seam under the band of color:

Hmm. Well, then I guess I didn't care for the extra seam. At least, I didn't care for it that much on me.





I tried on the Black Pique In Stride and the Gray Stride today. I ordered the black pique In Stride yesterday from the website but it is not here yet. I have decided I am just not a Stride/In Stride Jacket person. They are super nice jackets but I find the fit boxy and the overall design too plain for my taste. The length also hits me right at the widest part of my hips. However, I do love the feel of pique and definitely would love a jacket/top in this fabric but I just can't pull the trigger on getting a Stride/In Stride. It's weird because I love my Gather Together Jacket which is kind of a cousin to the Stride/In Stride. I know I am of out of step with lots and lots of people on this because the Stride is super popular but my first love is the Define Jacket. That is actually what I ended up getting today - the Ikat Define.

Trading in my Black Pique In Stride for the Ikat Print Define

Markdown Report - The Irvine store really didn't have a markdown rack and not much was marked down except some Ta Ta Tamers at $44 (I think). The Newport Store had a healthy markdown rack again and had lots of gym bags on sale. I saw black Fast in Flight bags marked down to $69 (I think all the FiF are being marked down). The Hottie Hot gym bag/purses were $49 and the Gym Essentials toiletry kits were $39. The toiletries kit has to be at least $10 cheaper for me to get it. Newport also had it's remaining Black Roses Power Ys at $39 and the Static Wish 50 Rep bras at $34. I'm hoping some of these markdowns make it on line because last year around the middle of January there was a big Loot upload.

Upcoming Things A woman on Facebook spotted the following new things at her gym. I don't know what country she is from. The strategic partner gyms/studios have separate buyers than the stores and website so that is why they are out of step with them.
  • Light Gray Pique Define with White Logo
  • Coal Define with Heathered Purple Crush Logo
  • Aruba Short Sleeve Swiftly with Dark Gray Neck and Sleeves (i.e., baseball style)
  • Resolution LS in Heathered Purple Crush body and sleeves but Solid Purple Crush Color Blocked Sides
  • Scoopneck Tank in Heathered Purple Crush with Solid Purple Crush Neck
  • Purple Crush Scuba
No Limit Report - Readers have reported their stores are telling them the No Limit is coming at the end of January / beginning of February and the colors will be: solid black, black with ikat; white with grey; and coal with a purple. I believe this because one Canadian store recently posted photos of older No Limits tanks and said stay tuned for more info.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw/bought a ton of heart, push ur limits, dance, crbs and power y's marked down to $14 and stride, defines, groove pants and outward bound pants down to $39. Pretty much everything from past seasons (though I saw the new snorkel crbs on sale too) plus my 15% off R&D discount. Awesome. $500 for 5 bags of clothing.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Where were you? Those are some amazing deals!

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:19 - Where are you located? Iv never seen deals like that at my lulu!

LLA- Im surprise you havent jumped on a pique define! I love pique but have yet to love an item its avaible in i will try the in stride next week but i find the stride hits me at the widest part and i look really round if i wear it zipper up lol.


Iv recently joined the gym and was wondering what your favorite outfit is for cardio? I havent really branched out into the world of lulu for cardio yet, just yoga.

Anonymous said...

Chicago. Third time I've seen and jumped on these deals actually. I was just surprised with how many of the new releases were on the crazy markdowns. I even bought a $59 Bon Voyage bag for the heck of it.

Luvlulu said...

The Carmel, CA showroom just sent a product notification that they received the no limit tank in black and in aruba. They even have a picture of the one in Aruba on the email.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Im not loving strides either. I work so hard for this figure, not to cover it up in a boxy sweater. I think the define fits so much better! Look at that salsa dance teacher she looks phenominal! But its all personal prefrence. Aruba no limits? I'm DYING for that one!!!

Anonymous said...

@Luvlulu, Was it a solid Aruba NLT or Black with Aruba Flow Y? Please post a link if you can.

Anonymous said...

Which Chicago store? I've heard some are better than others. I saw the black No Limit on the Adlaide product notification today!

LuluAddict said...

So jealous of $14 tanks! I haven't gotten deals like that in quite a while.

@ anon - I did try on the pique Define but thought the material was too slouchy/casual for the such a structured jacket as the Define. I also didn't like the zipper on the black one - it had the small white zipper and I like the big tooth one normally found on the define. The pique Define seemed like a zip up sweater rather than a jacket.

My favorite outfit for cardio depends on what I am doing. If I am doing spin, I like my Passion luxtreme crops and a Push UR limits tank. If I need more support, I like to wear a CRB with my own bra.

Luvlulu said...

Here's the link to show the Aruba No Limit.
http://www.lululemon.com/services/notification.php?id=30028&utm_source=productnotification&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewashtml&utm_campaign=January%2014,%202011

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! What is an R&D discount? Assuming it's something I won't be able to get but I'd still love to know what it is! I've never seen or even heard of any type of Lulu coupon or discount. P.S. how great would it be if they offered some type of a coupon once in a while!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I like the stride...but actually not a fan of the pique (I think I must be the only one!)I saw one in store and the stitching was awful, there was loose threads sticking out the length of the seam, almost like the pique material had been broken....I must have just looked at a "bad" one but it was enough to keep me away from the pique!

Anonymous said...

I tried on the In Stride yesterday and felt it was wayyyy to boxy. I also went with the Ikat Define instead. :o)

Anonymous said...

The R&D discount is for those in the fitness profession, it's a 15% discount. Yay!! :)

LuluAddict said...

@ Luvlulu - I thought when you said Aruba you meant black with Aruba bra - an all-Aruba No Limit is awesome! Thanks for including the link! I will post right away.

Anonymous said...

I'm upset that the ikat define isn't available online! I'd love to get one, but it's not there, and it hasnt been released in Aust yet (if at all). Will have to see how desperate this craving is, guess eBay might do it, or the Facebook lady?